• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Diamond Resorts Intro Package - Recission Question - 5k pts/yr for 10 years

cbecton9

Reaction score
The instructions and address are in your contract. Follow them You don't need a template, just a simple 'I wish to cancel contract #_________ Dated_______" and all signers must sign the letter. Send their tablet with it and keep the postal receipt.
Celebrate.

Jim
Thanks Jim

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim
Let us know if you run into a problem. We answer so many of these 'How do I rescind' that we tend to forget the mindset when people just want out and have never attempted something similar and don't want to make any mistakes. It really is simple and the law is on the buyers' side as long as they are prompt. What gets scary is when the rescission period is down to a day or two and the weekend is approaching when the post office is closed.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I also purchased the Diamond Intro package this weekend because all the traveling my family does to Orlando for youth sports thinking that this purchase would help offset some costs because of the multiple Diamond resorts in that area. However, after some soul searching and web browsing I can not find a lot of good things about DRI. Plus I do not feel that my point purchased will offset as much as I anticipated for that reason I am looking to cancel because I am still in that very small window. I wanted to see if someone had a rescission letter template they could share like Bargin mentioned above. Also Bargin any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. I too have a tablet I will also need to return.

Thank You

@cbecton9
We hope that your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS. Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thank you for the information.
@himanshu5
Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation - 2 platinums, Wyndham - 1 week, WorldMark 2 weeks
We are DRI Members. You can not get much for a week with 5,000 Points. Maybe off season or with Point Saver - less than 60 days before checkin. Buying into US Collection gives you a 13 month Booking Window into US Collection Resorts. This is DRI's largest Collection. Your Booking Window for all other DRI Collections is 10 months.

I was thinking of buying resale points - but then read that resale points only get you into the resort you own at? I own Hilton where points are points - can book anywhere. Same with my Wyndham and WorldMark. I do like the locations that Diamond is offering so am curious how the resale points work

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
CanadaGuyEh can’t you used your points with Interval International or RCI ?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I was thinking of buying resale points - but then read that resale points only get you into the resort you own at? I own Hilton where points are points - can book anywhere. Same with my Wyndham and WorldMark. I do like the locations that Diamond is offering so am curious how the resale points work

The resale points have to be used in the COLLECTION the points are in, not a specific resort. I am giving away 10K Hawaii points, so those can only be used in the Hawaii Collection -- which happens to also include some resorts in Sedona, Las Vegas, and Avila Beach, California (and another one or two that don't come to mind right now). The resale points also can't be combined with regular points in the same collection. So say you already own 10K Hawaii points, bought 10K Hawaii resale and wanted to make a one week Deluxe Ocean View reservation for 11,500 points in February. No can do unless you saved points from a previous year or borrow from next -- your 20,000 points are really 10+10 and can't be intermingled.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The resale points have to be used in the COLLECTION the points are in, not a specific resort. I am giving away 10K Hawaii points, so those can only be used in the Hawaii Collection -- which happens to also include some resorts in Sedona, Las Vegas, and Avila Beach, California (and another one or two that don't come to mind right now). The resale points also can't be combined with regular points in the same collection. So say you already own 10K Hawaii points, bought 10K Hawaii resale and wanted to make a one week Deluxe Ocean View reservation for 11,500 points in February. No can do unless you saved points from a previous year or borrow from next -- your 20,000 points are really 10+10 and can't be intermingled.

Actually while you can not commingle you can make two consecutive less than a week reservations that add up to 7 days or more from separate accounts. You have to call.

KFed

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI
My wife and I have just purchased an into package for 5000 points at $9000. After reading what we get for this we have decided to get out of the contract but I want to make sure that we have the correct address. I also want to know if we can both sign the same letter or send two letters separately with each of our names on it? HELP!

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have just purchased an into package for 5000 points at $9000. After reading what we get for this we have decided to get out of the contract but I want to make sure that we have the correct address. I also want to know if we can both sign the same letter or send two letters separately with each of our names on it? HELP!

Rescission Letter Example:

Date
Your name(s) as written on the contract
Your address as written on the contract

Diamond Resorts International
10600 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89135

Re: Immediate Cancellation of Contract #12345678 dated mm/dd/yyyy
(the date of the letter and postmark of the letter and certified receipt MUST be within the cancellation period specified in YOUR CONTRACT)

Effective immediately, I invoke my(our) right to rescind contract #1234567 for <# of Points> in the <Collection name>.

I expect a return of all monies paid for this purchase to the address listed above totaling $xxxxx.xx as soon as possible. <Alternate: I expect a cancellation of any and all charges to my credit card for said purchase, totalling $xxxx.xx>

I will be sending these materials certified mail, with a return receipt required.

Sincerely,

Your Legal name/s

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescission Letter Example:

Date
Your name(s) as written on the contract
Your address as written on the contract

Diamond Resorts International
10600 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89135

Re: Immediate Cancellation of Contract #12345678 dated mm/dd/yyyy
(the date of the letter and postmark of the letter and certified receipt MUST be within the cancellation period specified in YOUR CONTRACT)

Effective immediately, I invoke my(our) right to rescind contract #1234567 for <# of Points> in the <Collection name>.

I expect a return of all monies paid for this purchase to the address listed above totaling $xxxxx.xx as soon as possible. <Alternate: I expect a cancellation of any and all charges to my credit card for said purchase, totalling $xxxx.xx>

I will be sending these materials certified mail, with a return receipt required.

Sincerely,

Your Legal name/s

If you both signed the purchase agreement then it is important to be sure that both of you sign the rescission agreement.

Mail it via the Postal Service (USPS) using CERTIFIED MAIL and be sure it is postmarked within the legally allowed time frame. You only have so many days to do this so don't waste any time.

Remember, you only have a few days in which you can legally rescind.

Once you rescind you can go the resale route and purchase the same thing for just pennies on the dollar.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Diamond Resorts
As a person who has owned diamond for 10 + years, we have like 6000 point a year annually. This will go fast, and if you travel during no-peak seasons, and can be flexible with your days, as well as do most booking within a 30 day window, that will get you about 2 weeks a year in say a 3 bedroom in orlando, virginia, sometimes vegas, (basically all the destinations in their sampler package). To be honest, if you learn the system and work it, you can average 2, maybe 3 weeks of vacation of year with those limited criteria. We actually have bought 4 sampler packages from them over the years even though we are already owners, because the sampler usually equates to about 4 to 6 1 week vacations in a 3 bedroom or more over that 2 year period, for usually right around 4 grand. THis is to me the only strategy where you don't get fleeced...because while you are using a sampler, you can roll over unused points in your regular account to strengthen your vacation power. So basically ONLY The short term committment with no maintenance fees of the sampler, on top of a modest membership (like 3-6000 points) makes sense unless you enjoy being FLEECED.