TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond now taking over Sunrise Ridge Resort in Pigeon Forge

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by Kozman, Mar 15, 2018.

1. jackjill629

jackjill629 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westgate Town Center Sunrise Ridge Peppertree By The Sea Wachesaw at Ellington
    Everything I have read about this company (DRI) has been awful. I own four deeded weeks at Sunrise Ridge and never fell into the RCI points trap, as I purchased specifically to use my time in Pigeon Forge, TN. I do not plan to join the DRI point system and give up my deeded property as many have done in the past. They are also taking over a portion of Alhambra in Poinciana, FL and probably Tree Tops in Gatlinburg, TN and possibly a portion of Oakmont in Pigeon Forge. If necessary, I will just use my deeded weeks, but am hopeful they keep the Amber internal point system for Sunrise, but am quite doubtful. Hoping to get my allotted points reserved for the remainder of 2018 before this terrible company takes over completely.

Kozman likes this.
  2. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. TUG Member

My reading of that page says not that the first 400 that vote get a $50 gift card. It says that if you're one of the first 400 you QUALIFY to win the $50 gift card. Maybe only giving ONE away?

3. JohnPaul

JohnPaul TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

We own at Oakmont which has ridiculously low MF. Never stayed there as we use our RCI points from there elsewhere.

Have not gotten any notification about DRI having any role there.

4. Kozman

Kozman TUG Member

5. DRIless

DRIless Guest

Talent312 may want to start a new thread in the appropriate forum. I found this several months ago after finding my mail ripped in half on the ground on the side of the road. Great way to see what's MISSING from your mailbox!

6. JohnPaul

JohnPaul TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
  7. crowmg

crowmg TUG Member

8. crowmg

crowmg TUG Member

We purchased 3 timeshares from second party sellers and they are all deeded weeks and they are for the weeks that we want for Bike Week in Daytona Beach and Bike Week in Myrtle Beach and another for Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach. If we gave these up for points, we would not be able to get these specific weeks for these events. We intend to keep our weeks units because we use them every year, we do not turn them in for trade or bank them. Has anyone been forced to convert their weeks to points in any of the companies that have taken over management of their resorts.

9. nuwermj

nuwermj TUG Member

10. Kozman

Kozman TUG Member

One phrase in particular sticks out in this article....'while establishing adequate operating reserves in the resort budgets'. Translation...we think they are too low now and your maintenance fees need to go up a lot!

11. nuwermj

nuwermj TUG Member

Absolutely!

12. DRIless

DRIless Guest

They will use scare tactics but they can't/won't force you.

13. Kozman

Kozman TUG Member

Funny but I just received a letter from Sunrise indicating I had to reserve my week before xxxxxxx or it will automatically go into my Amber points account!!!!? Wonder if they will honor points already banked?

14. DRIless

DRIless Guest

They'll use scare tactics like:
    "All your fellow owners are converting to THE Club, if you don't, your ability to book what you want will constantly dwindle."

You should be able to continue as you did before and your Amber Points should be there.