• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond is reportedly awarded the Ace Excellence Award for Customer Service at ARDA World 2018

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diamond Resorts has allegedly won the Ace Excellence Award for Customer Service at the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) 2018 Annual Convention, ARDA World 2018. This is alleged to be the highest industry honor that a timeshare company can have bestowed upon them for exemplary customer service.

http://www.arda.org/arda/home.aspx

http://www.arda.org/meetings-awards/upcomingevents/annualconvention/overview.aspx

http://www.arda.org/meetings-awards/awards/overview.aspx

If you are a Diamond Resorts owner or enthusiast, you may be interested in having a (careful) look at the attached.

Attachments

• Diamond - Timeshare Sales.pdf
    456.4 KB · Views: 149

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I could say something cute - or funny. Based on articles in "insidetimeshare.com," all the complaint sites, as well as Tug posters - this is something unreal. They have settled with the Arizona AG for $800,000. They have a current lawsuit about selling points as an investment. And they have serious complaints about sales abuse of customers...... I just wonder who lost to them. :ponder:

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I could say something cute - or funny. Based on articles in "insidetimeshare.com," all the complaint sites, as well as Tug posters - this is something unreal. They have settled with the Arizona AG for $800,000. They have a current lawsuit about selling points as an investment. And they have serious complaints about sales abuse of customers...... I just wonder who lost to them. :ponder:
Customer Service and Sales Department are two different things. They can be the best in one and the worst in the other. So, yes it can be real.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Also remember no matter what they say ARDA is controlled by the Developers and Corporations for the benefit of the Developers and Corporations.

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Customer Service and Sales Department are two different things. They can be the best in one and the worst in the other. So, yes it can be real.

I'd not be surprised to learn that Diamond is living in the 1960's, and (1) perceives someone who made a purchase from them, who they have an obligation to provide service to, as a customer, BUT, that they do not perceive the "CUSTOMER" attending a sales presentation, and considering the idea of becoming a Diamond owner, a "CUSTOMER (isn't someone you ask to purchase something from you, a customer?)" An Organization that segregates its customers to two silos, those in the "customer service" domain, and those in the "sales domain," as customer and non-customer, and that does not appreciate a potential owner (e.g. sales prospect) as a "customer," is, in my opinion, beyond all hope. When, in fact, Diamond should be looking at every person they have contact with - - both internal and external - - as customers.

Personally, I think ARDA's recognition of Diamond with a customer service award, is a slap in the face to the consumer; is ARDA professing that Diamond subscribes to ARDA's Code of Ethics? I CAN NOT BELIEVE that I just mentioned Diamond, ARDA, and Code of Ethics in the same sentence.

After the countless reports of customers being abused by Diamond personnel, while attending sales presentations, I shudder to think that ARDA considers the "experience that customers endure during sales presentations, and updates," as anything short of a "customer encounter."

Finally, I wonder if ARDA considers the experience that Gadd and Noreen Liebmann encountered with Diamond, and Diamond personnel, as "customer service?" See below:

Gad and Noreen Liebmann, Army Veterans

April 20, 2018

We are one of 29 Diamond Platinum Member Families Up-sold alleging we were defrauded.

A Diamond Daytona sales agent’s response to Gad and Noreen:

While picketing yesterday one of the salesman came down to talk to us. He brought some water and wanted to “thank us” for picketing. He claimed that our presence increased their sales. He also told us that we could have more effect by working as greeters at Walmart and using the money earned to help pay our dues.

Attachments

• Seniors Pissed Off at Diamond Resorts.jpg
    Seniors Pissed Off at Diamond Resorts.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
further reinforcing how utterly ridiculous ARDA is when it comes to the average Timeshare owner.

although heck, if DRI wrote me a check for whatever they pay ARDA every year to be members, id give them an award too =D

Reactions: cd5