• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing Wyndham Points to RCI

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a standard conversion rate of Wyndham points to RCI points (or weeks) if you deposit Wyndham points into RCI? Does it matter what my home resort is or the time of the year I am depositing?

Would I have to reserve a week at a Wyndham resort to deposit that into RCI?

I'm thinking something along the lines of 10,000 Wyndham points = XXX RCI Points.

Thanks!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
RCI
RCI® is the world’s largest timeshare exchange and leisure travel company. They are affiliated with more than 4,000 timeshare resorts worldwide. Traveling through RCI is a great option to find a location not yet represented by the CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus resort collection.

As a member of RCI you have the flexibility of depositing points, searching availability and booking RCI reservations online. You may deposit your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points into RCI beginning 10 months prior to your Use Year start date, until your Use Year end date. The points you deposit into RCI are good for two years from the date of deposit.

RCI’s “Search First” feature allows you to view RCI’s availability prior to making your final deposit. If you see a location you’re interested in, you can deposit the required points, or you can book the reservation using points that you have previously deposited in your RCI account.

You can request an RCI deposit online or by calling your Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736.
Important Information
  • When making a RCI deposit you may deposit up to the amount of points owned including points associated with Bonus contracts.
  • There is an exchange fee of $239 required to book your reservation with RCI. This fee is subject to change.
  • RCI deposits require a minimum of 10,000 points and may be increased in increments of 1,000 (Example: 10,000, 11,000, 12,000 or greater).
  • You may rent points to complete an RCI exchange deposit at $12 per 1,000 points online or by calling your Vacation Planning Center.
  • Points may not be borrowed to complete an RCI exchange deposit.
  • If your request is not immediately available, you can begin an ongoing search by calling the RCI Service Line for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus at 800-572-0931. An ongoing search will allow RCI to continue to search availability for your request.
  • Depositing with your exchange company requires a Reservation Transaction.
  • Housekeeping Credits will be deducted at a rate of one (1) Housekeeping Credit for every 2,000 points deposited.
  • Your RCI point deposit will be available in your RCI account within 24 - 48 hours of your request.
  • Depositing into your exchange company is a final transaction; all points and fees are nonrefundable. Be sure to confirm your plans before depositing.

Refer to the chart below to determine the number of points required for your desired vacation based upon the unit type and demand.
Unit size: points needed for Prime, High, Value, Quiet season weeks
Studio: 90,000, 77,000, 52,000, 35,000
1 Bedroom: 126,000, 105,000, 77,000, 63,000
2 Bedroom: 205,000, 165,000, 126,000, 77,000
3 Bedroom or more: 300,000, 232,000, 159,000, 112,000

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Is there a standard conversion rate of Wyndham points to RCI points (or weeks) if you deposit Wyndham points into RCI?
No, there is not.
Does it matter what my home resort is or the time of the year I am depositing?
No, it does not... as long as you are depositing points. If you own a fixed (unconverted) week, then it does.
No, not for RCI. Only if you wanted to deposit with a smaller independent exchange group would this be required. You may deposit any amount of Wyndham points into RCI, above 10,000 (in thousand point increments) and various deposits may be combined to obtain RCI exchanges, as long as they all expire later than the exchange check-in date. HTH.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
And just to clarify, none of this is a conversion to RCI Points. When Wyndham points are deposited to RCI, they remain denominated in Wyndham points. Exchanges in this manner must be made via the Wyndham portal to RCI (not directly with RCI.com) and all exchanges will be listed with their cost in Wyndham points. There is a fixed grid of the cost in Wyndham points to unit size and season in RCI. Season can only really be determined by looking at those points costs in RCI, as the seasons don't directly correlate to anything in Wyndham or RCI's red/white/blue seasons.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Season can only really be determined by looking at those points costs in RCI
Additionally, this varies from place to place, but any resort in a particular location (e.g. Orlando area) will have the same costs for the same unit size/week, no matter which resort you are talking about. This is particularly helpful in areas where some resorts are typically much more "expensive" to trade into than others (e.g. Orlando) or areas that are uniformly expensive (many of the in-city locations.)

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
And just to clarify, none of this is a conversion to RCI Points. When Wyndham points are deposited to RCI, they remain denominated in Wyndham points. Exchanges in this manner must be made via the Wyndham portal to RCI (not directly with RCI.com) and all exchanges will be listed with their cost in Wyndham points. There is a fixed grid of the cost in Wyndham points to unit size and season in RCI. Season can only really be determined by looking at those points costs in RCI, as the seasons don't directly correlate to anything in Wyndham or RCI's red/white/blue seasons.
And, if you deposit your Wyndham points into RCI and at a later time you want to transfer them to someone else (because your RCI points are about to expire), it is important to understand that the points can only be transferred to someone that is a Wyndham points owner. Therefore, if you (as a Wyndham owner) are wanting to "gift" (or rent) your RCI points to someone else, it is not possible if the recipient is a non-Wyndham account owner, even if they have an RCI points account. These are not the same kind of points.

thegortons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I deposited some Wyndham points into RCI. While checking potential exchanges today I saw some resorts where I could select a reservation of anywhere from 1 day to (I think) 3 weeks in length. These looked to be RCI Points deposits and not RCI weeks deposits. Does the $239 exchange fee apply to them as well? Or is it scaled up/down depending on length?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I deposited some Wyndham points into RCI. While checking potential exchanges today I saw some resorts where I could select a reservation of anywhere from 1 day to (I think) 3 weeks in length. These looked to be RCI Points deposits and not RCI weeks deposits. Does the $239 exchange fee apply to them as well? Or is it scaled up/down depending on length?

You are seeing Points inventory, which means you must have at least one developer Club Wyndham contract. Technically you will see Weeks inventory as well. The RCI portal shows you which it is on the resort listing in the vacation search results.

The exchange fee for Points bookings is less than for a Weeks booking and is prorated by the length of reservation. Unfortunately, any exchange fee savings may be more than offset by extra housekeeping fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a standard conversion rate of Wyndham points to RCI points (or weeks) if you deposit Wyndham points into RCI? Does it matter what my home resort is or the time of the year I am depositing?

I'm thinking something along the lines of 10,000 Wyndham points = XXX RCI Points.

Thanks!

10,000 Club Wyndham points equals 10,000 “Club Wyndham Points on Deposit With RCI.”

Depending on whether you have developer points or not, you will see both RCI Points and RCI Weeks inventory (the former case) or just RCI Weeks inventory (the latter case).

You can only deposit points to RCI. It is not like other systems in which you deposit a booked week.

thegortons

TUG Member
Reaction score
The exchange fee for Points bookings is less than for a Weeks booking and is prorated by the length of reservation.

Chris - Thanks for the response. Is there anyplace which says how much the exchange fees are for Point bookings currently?

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris - Thanks for the response. Is there anyplace which says how much the exchange fees are for Point bookings currently?

I don’t know the exact breakdown, but in 2017, a single night was $39 and a week was $179 or $189, IIRC.

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI
RCI® is the world’s largest timeshare exchange and leisure travel company. They are affiliated with more than 4,000 timeshare resorts worldwide. Traveling through RCI is a great option to find a location not yet represented by the CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus resort collection.

As a member of RCI you have the flexibility of depositing points, searching availability and booking RCI reservations online. You may deposit your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points into RCI beginning 10 months prior to your Use Year start date, until your Use Year end date. The points you deposit into RCI are good for two years from the date of deposit.

RCI’s “Search First” feature allows you to view RCI’s availability prior to making your final deposit. If you see a location you’re interested in, you can deposit the required points, or you can book the reservation using points that you have previously deposited in your RCI account.

You can request an RCI deposit online or by calling your Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736.
Important Information
  • When making a RCI deposit you may deposit up to the amount of points owned including points associated with Bonus contracts.
  • There is an exchange fee of $239 required to book your reservation with RCI. This fee is subject to change.
  • RCI deposits require a minimum of 10,000 points and may be increased in increments of 1,000 (Example: 10,000, 11,000, 12,000 or greater).
  • You may rent points to complete an RCI exchange deposit at $12 per 1,000 points online or by calling your Vacation Planning Center.
  • If your request is not immediately available, you can begin an ongoing search by calling the RCI Service Line for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus at 800-572-0931. An ongoing search will allow RCI to continue to search availability for your request.
  • Housekeeping Credits will be deducted at a rate of one (1) Housekeeping Credit for every 2,000 points deposited.
  • Your RCI point deposit will be available in your RCI account within 24 - 48 hours of your request.
  • Depositing into your exchange company is a final transaction; all points and fees are nonrefundable. Be sure to confirm your plans before depositing.

Refer to the chart below to determine the number of points required for your desired vacation based upon the unit type and demand.

Thanks - this is very helpful.
Regarding: "If your request is not immediately available, you can begin an ongoing search by calling the RCI Service Line for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus at 800-572-0931. An ongoing search will allow RCI to continue to search availability for your request."

Does this mean I have to deposit the points first in order to create an Ongoing Search? I've seen many mentions of these kinds of searches on other threads. Also, if say I wanted to create an Ongoing Search for Orlando area 1 Bedroom in Prime season (whenever that might be), does that mean I need to have deposited 126,000 points first?

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks - I guess I assumed if I was seeing RCI Points then it was converting Wyndham Points into RCI points - but apparently not.

Plus I haven't bought yet, so at this point I'm not seeing anything in my Wyndham portal since I don't actually have one. Just trying to learn as much as I can before taking the plunge!

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
10,000 Club Wyndham points equals 10,000 “Club Wyndham Points on Deposit With RCI.”

Depending on whether you have developer points or not, you will see both RCI Points and RCI Weeks inventory (the former case) or just RCI Weeks inventory (the latter case).

You can only deposit points to RCI. It is not like other systems in which you deposit a booked week.

Thanks for clarifying that - I haven't bought yet, and when I do it will almost certainly be resale, so I guess it's all going to be RCI Weeks for me!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Thanks - this is very helpful.
Regarding: "If your request is not immediately available, you can begin an ongoing search by calling the RCI Service Line for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus at 800-572-0931. An ongoing search will allow RCI to continue to search availability for your request."

Does this mean I have to deposit the points first in order to create an Ongoing Search? I've seen many mentions of these kinds of searches on other threads. Also, if say I wanted to create an Ongoing Search for Orlando area 1 Bedroom in Prime season (whenever that might be), does that mean I need to have deposited 126,000 points first?

That tells us that if you are searching yourself you don't have to deposit the points until you see something you want. But I'm not seeing anything that addresses creating an ongoing search. It's been 8-9 years since I last deposited points into RCI so my knowledge of how it is working now is limited to what I posted from the Wyndham website. But if you set up an ongoing search I believe you would have to deposit the points and pay the $239 exchange fee at that time. By creating an ongoing search I'm meaning that you have Wyndham's system searching for a specific region, resort(s), week(s) and the unit size you want and they notify you when it finds something. I put the (s) behind resort and week because they used to be able to search for a range of something in up to a 4 week window or just a specific week and at any resort or specific resorts. Hopefully someone else who has done it in the last year or two will post how it works now.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can set up an ongoing search in RCI without having deposited any points, but you must typically pre-pay the exchange fee to do so (though there are occasionally sales where the upfront exchange fee is waived - actually postponed, as you would have to pay it when you actually confirm an exchange). You can be pretty specific or general in your search depending on what you're going for. Also, because of the way the Wyndham portal works, once you've paid your exchange fee to set up an ongoing search, the existence of that credit in your RCI account will allow you to set up additional ongoing searches without an additional prepaid fee if you wish. For instance, say you've got a range of 8 weeks in the summer that you could make work, but you really have your heart set on one particular week or one particular resort - set up one search that casts a wide net for the whole 8 weeks, then a second search that targets the specific week or resort that you want the most.

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can set up an ongoing search in RCI without having deposited any points, but you must typically pre-pay the exchange fee to do so (though there are occasionally sales where the upfront exchange fee is waived - actually postponed, as you would have to pay it when you actually confirm an exchange). You can be pretty specific or general in your search depending on what you're going for. Also, because of the way the Wyndham portal works, once you've paid your exchange fee to set up an ongoing search, the existence of that credit in your RCI account will allow you to set up additional ongoing searches without an additional prepaid fee if you wish. For instance, say you've got a range of 8 weeks in the summer that you could make work, but you really have your heart set on one particular week or one particular resort - set up one search that casts a wide net for the whole 8 weeks, then a second search that targets the specific week or resort that you want the most.
I created an ongoing search without having deposited any points or prepaying the exchange fee. I can see it listed when I login, so I *believe* it is an actual search. But I'm whistling in the dark here...

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I created an ongoing search without having deposited any points or prepaying the exchange fee.

You must have done it during one of these:

there are occasionally sales where the upfront exchange fee is waived

[Edit: a quick search of the forums shows that there was such a sale from October through December 2018.]

As long as it's an ongoing search and shows up among the left tabs, vs. a saved search which shows up smack in the middle of the page under "My favorites."

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
You must have done it during one of these:

[Edit: a quick search of the forums shows that there was such a sale from October through December 2018.]

As long as it's an ongoing search and shows up among the left tabs, vs. a saved search which shows up smack in the middle of the page under "My favorites."
Hmm ... Puzzling. I created the search last month. It shows up at left as "ongoing search." At no point was I asked for money when creating it. Unless they bill automatically without notifying you during the search creation???

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
I also was able to create several OGS through the RCI Wyndham portal at no charge in the last couple months. This was an unadvertised sale.

drlecter

Reaction score
My "Search First" link hasn't worked through Wyndham' site for months. I contacted web support, and the said they're "working on it." Right. For 3 months. And, because of poor planning on my part, I've deposited two straight years worth of points. Because the link hasn't worked, I have NO IDEA what my trading power/options are. They say to "just call in." But, that's why Al Gore invented the internet. Without a proper RCI deposit on file, I can't even see what's available on their site. I'm probably going to unload my Wyndham points this year, but I would like to know if the RCI deposits would transfer to the new owner as well. If not, I'll have to figure out a way to use them...

RCI

Important Information

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is overwhelming. I bought a contract for 182,000 points. It hasn't closed yet but I will get the 2019 points. I own other week timeshares and probably have this year's vacations already booked. So I will be depositing these into my already existing rci account. So I'm understanding that these points will show up differently than my tpus or weeks I have already deposited. Btw do I get a rci account with Wyndam membership, I bought my points in the secondary market. Besides calling the Wyndam representative for rci is it the same as how I deposit my other week timeshares. What are the differences. Thanks

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is overwhelming. I bought a contract for 182,000 points. It hasn't closed yet but I will get the 2019 points. I own other week timeshares and probably have this year's vacations already booked. So I will be depositing these into my already existing rci account. So I'm understanding that these points will show up differently than my tpus or weeks I have already deposited. Btw do I get a rci account with Wyndam membership, I bought my points in the secondary market. Besides calling the Wyndam representative for rci is it the same as how I deposit my other week timeshares. What are the differences. Thanks

You get a free RCI Weeks account with Wyndham, in addition to the RCI portal for Club Wyndham Points deposits. You can deposit your other timeshare weeks into the Weeks account for TPUs and this is done directly on the RCI website. This means you can ditch any RCI fees charged by your Weeks timeshares and use the “free” one from Wyndham.

CWP points can only be deposited to RCI via the portal on the Club Wyndham website. These can never be commingled with your Weeks TPUs (or vice versa). In fact, you will never see the TPUs from the Wyndham-RCI portal, nor will you see the CWP points in the RCI Weeks account.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman

You should call Wyndham (as soon as your account is established) and give them your current RCI account number. Otherwise they will probably create another RCI account for you. We gave them our account number and they just took over paying the annual fees for it and we even received a refund for the 2-3 years we had paid ahead on the account. When we want to use Wyndham deposited points we login from the Wyndham website portal to RCI. For any other timeshare business with RCI we just login with RCI as usual. Same account - now paid by Wyndham- just accessed and used two different ways.

HTH

jbroner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Great Smokey Mtn.
Wyndham Grand Dessert
Wyndham Club Access
Hilton 2br Platinum Sea World
Hilton 2br Grande Gold Elara
You are seeing Points inventory, which means you must have at least one developer Club Wyndham contract. Technically you will see Weeks inventory as well. The RCI portal shows you which it is on the resort listing in the vacation search results.

The exchange fee for Points bookings is less than for a Weeks booking and is prorated by the length of reservation. Unfortunately, any exchange fee savings may be more than offset by extra housekeeping fees.

Sent

Question. If I own all resale points now and only see RCI weeks, if I buy the minimum developer contract and deposit those points into RCI will that change my RCI account to points and allow me to use all my resale deposited points as RCI points rather than weeks ??