TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Depositing into RCI w/another TS?

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by Herbaltees, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Herbaltees

Herbaltees Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Fantasea
    Right now I have two RCI accounts.

One is associated with a TS my in-laws gave my husband and I. The other is the included acct with my recent Wyndham Resale purchase. Is there a way to deposit my outside week into the Wyndham RCI account? I would really like to eliminate paying for RCI.

2. Jan M.

Jan M. TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    Are they both weeks account or is one of them an RCI points account. If they are both weeks account yes you can transfer one of the weeks over to the other account to eliminate having two accounts. I think you will have to pay $98 to do it and would need to print out the MTA form, Membership Transfer Application, it can be found on the RCI website, fill it out and send it in.

3. Herbaltees

Herbaltees Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Fantasea
    No the wyndham account is points. The other TS is weeks.

Does that make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jan M.

Jan M. TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    Your Wyndham RCI account is an RCI weeks account and you don't pay for it as it comes with your Wyndham ownership. I'm not sure if you can transfer the other week to that account or it is an account you can only use through your Wyndham ownership and not for anything else. I remember that it was discussed a while back somewhere in the Wyndham threads but not what the outcome was of the discussion was to whether or not it can be done. I would call RCI and ask about it but I would want to talk to at least a supervisor or higher as I wouldn't depend on the regular reps giving the correct information.

Some general info to explain about the two different types of RCI accounts, weeks and points so you don't get confused later on if you are reading in the threads about RCI. When you buy at a resort (not a Wyndham resort) that exchanges in RCI you could be buying a fixed week or a points week. A fixed week gives you a weeks accounts and you only see what other weeks owners have deposited for trade. When you deposit your week for trade you get TPUs, Trading Power Units, to use to go to other resorts. RCI points account owners own at other resorts that exchange in RCI and get points in RCI every year if they don't elect prior to their use year to use their week instead of getting the points. They see those weeks deposited for trade by weeks owners but they also see all the underlying inventory all points owners points are based on. So weeks account owners don't see nearly as much inventory as points account owners see.

Herbaltees likes this.
  5. sandkastle4966

sandkastle4966 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Yes - you can deposit WEEKS timeshares into your Wyndham RCI account, as long as the resort participates with RCI and it is a WEEK reservation. I own both fixed week and floating weeks at other timeshares and they are all in my wyndham RCI account. As explained above, you will get TPUs for these weeks. Be aware that you will have 2 different signon for the account - one for RCI weeks that you sign into directly from RCI.COM and then the Wyndham "Points Conversion" RCI account that you will access from the Wyndham portal.

You can leave the deposited weeks in the old account and deposit new weeks to the Wyndham account, or pay the transfer fee. You will need to work with Wyndham and RCI to have the RCI weeks side account set up.

Herbaltees likes this.
  6. Herbaltees

Herbaltees Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Fantasea
    If I pay the fee what happens to my current vacations? Do they also transfer?
    Or should I wait until I use my vacations and just deposit the weeks going forward to my Wyndham account?