TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Deposit patterns in Interval?

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by DannyTS, Aug 25, 2018.

1. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

As a new Interval member, are there any deposit patterns I should be aware of? I know i cannot rely on them, just to know if they exist. I understand that Hyatt deposits 4-5 months out.
    How about Marriott, Vistana and others.

On an unrelated matter, if an OGS (request first) matches, am I able to call and ask them to use another week i own? Let's say that new week has enough trading power to have pulled that exchange, maybe I just had other priorities when i initiated the OGS or the week was not yet available.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    If you go to the sightings board and search for specific resorts you can find the bulk deposits, if they have been posted. I remember someone talking about Hyatt and their changing deposit patterns - down to 4 months before check in if I recall correctly. The best way to figure things out is to do a lot of searching because you will start to recognize what is always offered and what is unusual.

CalGalTraveler and DannyTS like this.
  3. davidvel

davidvel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
    Agree with this. I use the sightings board and then add the bulk deposits to my google calendar to show up every year. Its pretty consistent for the resorts I look for.

klpca likes this.
  4. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

No.

You may cancel it if the match is within 24 hrs and if it shows up again, you can use a different week to exchange but you are taking a huge risk there.

5. taterhed

taterhed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin WKORV OFD
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Worldmark x2
    You can always call and ask. I would not expect that to happen.
    I have, in fact, placed an exchange on hold and called to discuss the exchange property with Interval.
    After determining that the exchange week was exactly what I wanted (unclear on the unit description) I worked with the rep. to facilitate the actual exchange once the hold expired.

Again, not exactly what you asked....but, I did facilitate an exchange--using my desired deposit--despite the fact that the unit was on hold with a different deposit. Of course, this was an instant exchange (not OGS) and I could have lost the unit once the hold expired. I was aware of this and the II rep. made it perfectly clear.

Depends on how tough/desirable the exchange is.

6. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club at Marco Island, Hgvc Plantation Beach Club at Indian River, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort Key West, Blue Ridge Village
    When I think I finally figured out a deposit pattern, it changes pattern. What I have learned is always put in a ongoing search as far out as you can so you don’t have to worry about deposit patterns.

7. teach

teach TUG Member

8. teach

teach TUG Member

Where can you find the sightings board? Thanks.

9. taterhed

taterhed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin WKORV OFD
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Worldmark x2
    That would be in the "Sightings/Distressed" thread. Clever of @TUGBrian to hide it there.