• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deposit my 2 br lockoff as a 2 br for the first time?

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been away from timesharing and from TUG for a couple of years. I have SDO units from 2016 and 2017 deposited, all as one bedroom deposits.
It appears that maybe there are less bulk deposits. I used to do only one bedroom deposits so we would have more vacations. I was almost always able to upgrade my one bedroom for a 2 bedroom unit. I also had success trading into 2 bedroom only resorts with ongoing searches.

From my catch up reading and recent searches, it seems that the likelihood of finding a great upgraded trade seems less likely now. I am thinking maybe I should deposit my full 2 bedroom unit this year.
Again, I have been out of the loop for a couple of years.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think sightings of 2BR units at Westin Kaanapali, Princeville and Harborside have diminished. We are not sure how many of the deposits are even of 2BRs. If you need 2BR at Vistana resorts, then the best bet would be to deposit a full 2BR and put an ongoing search for them. Resorts with dedicated 2BR like Hyatt and Marriott Newport Coast are still frequently sighted. So it really depends on where you want to go. I have never deposited 2BRs and still lockoff my 2BRs. But we don't need 2BRs as it is just the 2 of us travelling most of the time and 1BR suffice. At other times when we do get larger units we would invite friends to join us.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think sightings of 2BR units at Westin Kaanapali, Princeville and Harborside have diminished. We are not sure how many of the deposits are even of 2BRs. If you need 2BR at Vistana resorts, then the best bet would be to deposit a full 2BR and put an ongoing search for them. Resorts with dedicated 2BR like Hyatt and Marriott Newport Coast are still frequently sighted. So it really depends on where you want to go. I have never deposited 2BRs and still lockoff my 2BRs. But we don't need 2BRs as it is just the 2 of us travelling most of the time and 1BR suffice. At other times when we do get larger units we would invite friends to join us.

Thanks. I agree that the sightings of 2 BR Westin units seem very scarce now. We do not always need 2 bedrooms either but we are hoping to take our daughter and son in law with us to Hawaii.

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not seen or heard of a confirmed 2-bedroom trade into a VSE resort in Hawaii in the past couple of years. I think the days are gone where Westin units in Hawaii are getting dumped into the system without being locked off. Depending on what time of year you’re looking for I almost think it’s unnecessary to deposit your 2 bedroom unless you’re looking for a dedicated 2 bedroom resort like WNA...

Cynic

Reaction score
I'd just decide where in Hawaii I wanted to go, get my tickets, and get my unit very last minute, trading with as little TP as possible. Large units at very nice places were always available < 14 days, no trading power at all needed. Anyone with a DBW or RCIBW and ability to get there could have them. These were probably canceled last minute, or deposited too late to be seized by ongoing searches. I doubt that glitch has closed, but perhaps check by looking manually for last-minute now if it's something you'd like to pursue?