• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deed back with HGVC

cvgr12

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations-Elara
Hello, I am new here and found out about TUG while doing some research. Like a lot of people, I 100% regret buying my timeshare with HGVC two years ago. I was young and have since acquired a lot of debt and simply can no longer afford this timeshare. I have been trying to sell it for over a year and am now to the point where I am considering foreclosure (I am up to date on all payments thus far) or filing for bankruptcy in order to free myself of the contract and maintenance fees.

I still owe a lot on my gold week at the Elara and I am well aware that my efforts may get me no where, but, I am desperate so I'm trying. My question is, has anyone successfully had Hilton take back a deed in any fashion? Is foreclosing on the timeshare even an option or will Hilton give me more than a run for my money? I am serious about getting this deed off my hands and thought this would be a good place to start.

Any and all input or opinions are welcome, thank you!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
As you have probably figured out by now, before you can sell it the loan against it must be paid off. HGVC has been known to buy back (pennies on the dollar) some ownerships, but there must be no loan. Your week does have some value -- maybe $2-3K I'm guessing, so if you can get rid of the loan you should be able to recover a bit of value from your week. If you absolutely cannot pay off the loan, I think the only option is to look at defaulting on the loan or bankruptcy. I wish I had better news...

Kurt

RCE-Ohio

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Parc Soleil Orlando, Fl
Hi, I am in much the same boat. We just can not afford the time share and all the fees associated with it. HGVC made it sound wonderful in sales presentation but in reality is just not working out. Mistake was not understanding what it was before going to sales pitch. I didn't even know a site like this existed. But it is what it is now. And what I need NOW is a way to free myself of this time share. Still owe on it and from what I've read in TUG it will be impossible to sell with an outstanding loan balance. So I would be extremely interested to know how this works out for OP as defaulting on loan and MF sounds like the only viable option to get loose from a TS with a loan balance. Correct?

cvgr12

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations-Elara
Thank you for all of the input. alwysonvac I saw that post last week and it is what motivated me to seek advice on here. What I really need is a phone number or even the name of the department I need to get in contact with to discuss the deed back. I will continue to make phone calls and hope for the best!

kevreh

Reaction score
How much do you owe still, and for how many points?

RCE-Ohio

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Parc Soleil Orlando, Fl
I know it has been awhile but cvgr12 did you ever have any luck getting out of contract via deed quit claim, buy back or any other method?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LV Tower 52
Thank you for all of the input. alwysonvac I saw that post last week and it is what motivated me to seek advice on here. What I really need is a phone number or even the name of the department I need to get in contact with to discuss the deed back. I will continue to make phone calls and hope for the best!
Any luck finding a contact? I'm in same boat and was sent on a rabbit chase by their main contact line.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Any luck finding a contact? I'm in same boat and was sent on a rabbit chase by their main contact line.

HGV works with ARDA on their exit program. I would suggest you try one of the contact points on this wesbite:

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
does anyone have updates on HGVC deed backs?

Do they only do deed backs on retail deeds, or would they do it for a resale deed?

I have an EOY deed I picked up for almost nothing. I'm not looking to sell yet but am thinking of grabbing a new annual deed in which case this one might become superfluous. I could try to sell but for what I paid would be happy knowing I could just give it away with no hassle. I think I could do that on marketplace, EBAY, etc, but HGVC seems easier.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The answer is "it depends" Depends on the property season/value, Depends on their inventory backlog, Depends on remaining budget for the year.

I have been reading that they have been referring people to brokers to sell so not much value added vs. doing it yourself. They are not exercising ROFR with the Diamond acquisition of excess inventory so little interest in adding to their balance sheet at this time.

brial05

TUG Member
Reaction score
does anyone have updates on HGVC deed backs?

Do they only do deed backs on retail deeds, or would they do it for a resale deed?

I have an EOY deed I picked up for almost nothing. I'm not looking to sell yet but am thinking of grabbing a new annual deed in which case this one might become superfluous. I could try to sell but for what I paid would be happy knowing I could just give it away with no hassle. I think I could do that on marketplace, EBAY, etc, but HGVC seems easier.
I have chased down this question recently for myself for exactly the same reason more or less.

The answer, if you truly paid next to nothing, getting rid of this deed will not be worth the cost. Also as yours is an EOY, even more so, to be honest.

The advice I was given by two trusted TUG Sellers: " Find the unit you want and buy that first and foremost, get the best deal possible. "
Then if you really want to be rid of the original unit, you might end up having to give it away as you already noted.

Using your original unit as a make weight in purchase of a new unit will only drive up the fees / costs of the unit you are hoping to upgrade into.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have anyone have any luck with getting out of their Hilton timeshare contract via deed quit claim in 2023?

The timeshare unit have been paid in full.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Have anyone have any luck with getting out of their Hilton timeshare contract via deed quit claim in 2023?

The timeshare unit have been paid in full.

The person / entity receiving the property needs to be named on the quit claim deed. The hard part of getting rid of a timeshare is finding someone that wants it.