• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Day use at Grand Pacific MarBrisa (2008 thread)

travelchic

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I buy resale, would I still have day use priviledges? During the presentation, I remember the salesperson said no...but I'm doubting that.
I purchased a 2bd EOY and considering cancelling and buying resale.

Thanks in advance!

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort not open yet and they are still selling times. I would think it would be a couple of years before owners start selling in the secondary market. Unless the pre-sale time owners already have regrets or problems and are selling.

As for day use, until someone buys secondary market, I guess the question will go unanswered.

Deros

Bill4728

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I buy resale, would I still have day use priviledges? During the presentation, I remember the salesperson said no...but I'm doubting that.
I purchased a 2bd EOY and considering cancelling and buying resale.

Thanks in advance!

The story out of this resort is different that the story out of every other HGVC affiliate.

All other HGVC affiliates give HGVC memberships to an owner who wants it. Grand Pacific MarBrisa has said that resell buyer will not get to buy into HGVC.

Is this true or a salemen's lie??

If you read the post on the Marriott board, you'll see that the saleman there pretty much lied about everything and Marriott tries hard to keep their salesmen from telling lies. I have no idea about the salesmen at Grand Pacific MarBrisa.

Hope that helps

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
The story out of this resort is different that the story out of every other HGVC affiliate.

All other HGVC affiliates give HGVC memberships to an owner who wants it. Grand Pacific MarBrisa has said that resell buyer will not get to buy into HGVC.

Is this true or a salemen's lie??

I actually heard this from David Brown, the president of GPR. This was in the early stages, so I'm not positive if they implemented it or not.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the Grand Pacific resorts in So Cal , offer day use for all buyers. I can't imagine this one being different... however.. many of the HGVC resort do not allow day use for any owners. So I couldn't really say for sure if you'd get day use.

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone what the check-in day is for this resort? Thanks

markkeefe

Reaction score
Day Use Policy for Marbrisa Resale?

Hi all,

I am looking pretty seriously at buying a resale timeshare for Marbrisa, with day use for my family being a very key aspect.

We live nearby and would be using the pool a couple times a month.

Does anyone have any updated information on the day use policies for resale? Any first hand experience or direct knowledge?

Thank you!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Hi all,

I am looking pretty seriously at buying a resale timeshare for Marbrisa, with day use for my family being a very key aspect.

Does anyone have any updated information on the day use policies for resale? Any first hand experience or direct knowledge?

Thank you!

The old contracts under GP offered it but the newer contracts under Hilton don't.

Get the deed info from the seller and call GP and ask first before you purchase.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told at the resort that they did away with the day use a couple of years ago. We got our resale before this so we are grandfathered in with day use. As buzglyd stated, the new developer weeks do not offer day use anymore either.

I know they had problems in the past with locals parking themselves at the grilles and tables during the summer months for the whole day. But that is what they paid for.

We have a update meeting on Friday, so I can inquire what the policy is now.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Day use is spelled out in the deeds for the GPResorts, HGVC does not include it in their deeds, simple as that. You can still get it if you find one, I purchased a Seapointe last year that has it, it has never been converted to HGVC points.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you!

As the others have mentioned, if you buy an old resale contract from before HGVC, you can get day use. It is for the original pool. I don't think day use would include the new pool area, which belongs to both HGVC and the Sheraton.

FWIW, if you are close to Marbrisa, you aren't far from Seapointe and Grand Pacific Palisades. Both of those have day use for owners.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
And if you find the right deal, you get day use and HGVC points.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
The resort not open yet and they are still selling times. I would think it would be a couple of years before owners start selling in the secondary market. Unless the pre-sale time owners already have regrets or problems and are selling.
Nope...

There are resale options available. Here are a few on ebay (I'm not going to vouch for the sellers or accuracy of the info in the listings, I"m just pointing out they exist):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3BR-HGVC-in...71048801592?pt=Timeshares&hash=item56643b6538

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HILTON-GRAN...01083272668?pt=Timeshares&hash=item2ed17f3ddc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-200-HGVC-...31223553491?pt=Timeshares&hash=item35d5ff6dd3

http://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/t...Pacific+MarBrisa+Resort/resort/buy-timeshare/

http://www.buyatimeshare.com/resorts/Hilton-Grand-Vacations-Club-at-MarBrisa.asp

Redweek has more points for sale - not sure if any are directly tied to Marbrisa or not but they could be used there.

And there are a few on TUG too - I'd link to them but you have to have a paid account to see them.

FWIW, if you are close to Marbrisa, you aren't far from Seapointe and Grand Pacific Palisades. Both of those have day use for owners.
Personally, if I lived nearby and I was interested in buying into Grand Pacific Resorts, I'd get day use at Grand Pacific Palisades. I'd park at Palisades, walk to Legoland for a day of fun with my son, then come back and swim for a bit at the family pool :) I don't think I would buy at Marbrisa

According the the Grand Pacific Resorts website for owners, it says this about Marbrisa day use:
"Day Use privileges, if granted, are included in the Owner's Escrow Addendum. Due to overcrowding, no parties at the swimming pools or picnic/barbecue areas will be permitted. Day Use users are not to exceed the occupancy of the unit type they purchased."
source link: http://grandpacificresorts.com/owners/GPM_fact_sheet.aspx

Last edited:

markkeefe

Reaction score
I was told at the resort that they did away with the day use a couple of years ago. We got our resale before this so we are grandfathered in with day use. As buzglyd stated, the new developer weeks do not offer day use anymore either.

I know they had problems in the past with locals parking themselves at the grilles and tables during the summer months for the whole day. But that is what they paid for.

We have a update meeting on Friday, so I can inquire what the policy is now.

That would be super kind, thank you.

Specifically we are hoping to have access to the new pool area. It's a really nice layout, and has a bar/grill and other amenities I think we would enjoy.

If you could ask, that would be fantastic!

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope...

There are resale options available. Here are a few on ebay (I'm not going to vouch for the sellers or accuracy of the info in the listings, I"m just pointing out they exist):

The post you quoted is from 6 years ago. It was likely correct at the time.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That would be super kind, thank you.

Specifically we are hoping to have access to the new pool area. It's a really nice layout, and has a bar/grill and other amenities I think we would enjoy.

If you could ask, that would be fantastic!

There aren't any deeds with day use for the new super pool, it's HGVC managed. We are talking about the GPR resort deeds, some of which will give you HGVC points, as Buzz pointed out (he has one).

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
There aren't any deeds with day use for the new super pool, it's HGVC managed. We are talking about the GPR resort deeds, some of which will give you HGVC points, as Buzz pointed out (he has one).

In the past we've always had access to the super pool area. I just wish they had grilles in the area.

markkeefe

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback/info everyone.

Thank you for your input oneohana.

It would be great if to confirm the following:

- only GPR deeds allow for day use (sounds like the case at this point unless anyone has conflicting information)
- if so, does anyone besides oneohana have experience with been granted access or denied use of the new super pool with day use?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In the past we've always had access to the super pool area. I just wish they had grilles in the area.

Access while you are staying there sure, but not day use unless you just tailgate in past the locked gates.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Access while you are staying there sure, but not day use unless you just tailgate in past the locked gates.

Have you been denied access to the super pool for day use? We haven't yet. When we get the card they always ask us if we need towels for the super pool. We mostly use day use for LEGOLAND parking.

We are staying at the Sheraton this weekend. So I'll find out which card opens which gate. Unless the Sheraton card opens the gate to the old pool area at Marbrisa:D.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you been denied access to the super pool for day use? We haven't yet.

I don't have day use with my Marbrisa, but I did notice a very significant difference in the super pool area when they allowed it for those who had it vs. when they weren't allowing it. One time while we stayed there, there were many families using the super pool with coolers and toys, etc. I assumed they were day use because they had so much stuff with them.

The next time I was there, the area was locked and they started the towel thing where Marbrisa guests have towels in the their room and Sheraton guests can get towels at the pool. The place was almost empty and the smaller pool had a couple families. I didn't ask, but it looked like day use was restricted at that point. Also, a couple times during the day, someone asked us which resort we were staying at and then wrote it down.

markkeefe

Reaction score
I just called the Marbrisa and spoke with someone there (a front desk type, not a sales person).

I asked him if I am an owner do I have day use access to the new pool area and he confidently said yes.

I then asked him does it matter if I am a Grand Pacific or Hilton deed holder, but that seemed to confuse him. He responded saying, "You have to be an owner for day use". I took this to mean it doesn't matter about the deed origination (but I could be wrong there).

Any thoughts pertaining to this?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you been denied access to the super pool for day use? We haven't yet. When we get the card they always ask us if we need towels for the super pool. We mostly use day use for LEGOLAND parking.

We are staying at the Sheraton this weekend. So I'll find out which card opens which gate. Unless the Sheraton card opens the gate to the old pool area at Marbrisa:D.

Well now you are mixing apples and oranges, Sheraton guests can use the new super pool. Sheraton is running the concession at the new pool.

What I'm saying is, if you own one of the MarBrisa phase 1 units developed by GPR, can you go to the front desk and get a card key to access the new pool for day use? I don't own at MarBrisa so I can't confirm what I have been told by GPR sales staff at Palisades when I took an owners update last Aug. I had a lockoff unit by the new pool booked with HGVC points, the GPR sales knew nothing about day use or splitting those units and referred me to the sales center at the new pool, which is run by HGVC. HGVC has open season cash, that's as close as it gets to day use with HGVC.

Last edited:

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I'm saying is, if you own one of the MarBrisa phase 1 units developed by GPR, can you go to the front desk and get a card key to access the new pool for day use?

This used to be the case.

The Marbrisa "day use" card and the Sheraton key card opened the all the pool gates on the property this past weekend.

It seems Presley doesn't have it. Hopefully Presley can clarify if they ever had it, or was the super pool just unlocked the times they went. Also if it was GPR or HGCV deed.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called the Marbrisa and spoke with someone there (a front desk type, not a sales person).

I asked him if I am an owner do I have day use access to the new pool area and he confidently said yes.

I then asked him does it matter if I am a Grand Pacific or Hilton deed holder, but that seemed to confuse him. He responded saying, "You have to be an owner for day use". I took this to mean it doesn't matter about the deed origination (but I could be wrong there).

Any thoughts pertaining to this?

markkeefe

Your best bet would be to talk to the GM.