• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Current Fiesta Americana Member wanting to add TUG Resale

bts2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are owners at Fiesta Americana and they said we can't add to our existing points by purchasing resale points, unless we purchase points from them (for the full-price) at the same time. Does anyone have any background or knowledge of doing this?

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
They won't add resale accounts to your account without purchasing points from them.

If you buy a resale account, you can usually buy a smaller points account from them and add both the resale and the new points to your existing account. This makes all your points "legal" developer points and is cheaper than buying all your points from FAVC.

The new points cost around $6.50 a piece.

bts2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
They won't add resale accounts to your account without purchasing points from them.

If you buy a resale account, you can usually buy a smaller points account from them and add both the resale and the new points to your existing account. This makes all your points "legal" developer points and is cheaper than buying all your points from FAVC.

The new points cost around $6.50 a piece.

Thank you, that is what they explained, but it's nice to hear from someone else.

Chris Park City

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Fiesta Americana Cabo
Hi All,

Interesting, so if I bought a resale account, and then added, say 1000 developer points, thay may allow me to combine them all into one account?

Any escrow of closing companies to assist in a by owner buy/sell? Thanks for any info.

Chris

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi All,

Interesting, so if I bought a resale account, and then added, say 1000 developer points, thay may allow me to combine them all into one account?

Any escrow of closing companies to assist in a by owner buy/sell? Thanks for any info.

Chris
Hi, I bought a resale timeshare with J&J timeshare, very well service, it took about 6 months, FAVC ask me to buy 2100 points to add the resale points with my developer points, for the moment I keep separate my two accounts and have to pay two club fee, anyway the resale was free.

Chris Park City

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Fiesta Americana Cabo
Thanks! Very informative! Was 2100 the minimum points you can buy? I'd prefer to buy 1,000 at the high cost to add them all together. :) .

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Yes, they told me it was the minimum , may be they were waiting for an offert, but I did’t, I think I have enough points.

blee2018

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Vegas on Blvd
We have 2 accounts with them, I will wait until we are closer to 60 before purchasing more points to combine both accounts. We have a master account from resale and the other we purchased through FAVC.

The points from one account can be transferred to another account during the year if you email them.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I have a presentation today, I ask if is possible to combine two resale accounts with one developer account, buying an a small quantity of points(1600) and they said yes. Even they told me just to get the amount of 9000 points between this four accounts and they will give me the master membership.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
That's good. It usually takes 9600 points for the Master Membership.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Sorry, I’m not very familiar with the exactly quantity yet, I told them I don’t wan’t to increase too much my maintance. I have two contrats (3000,3400), so they told me to get a small resale contract and add the minimun developer contrat(1600) to get the master membership.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Also I told them it took 6 months to buy the resale membership, and they said that they could do this in about 15 days if I buy a developer points.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
We are owners at Fiesta Americana and they said we can't add to our existing points by purchasing resale points, unless we purchase points from them (for the full-price) at the same time. Does anyone have any background or knowledge of doing this?
Somebody know hoy will be if a new member buy a resale membership, is it the same rule?

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
If you buy resale, you can use it without buying more points. If you buy more resale accounts, you have to pay dues on each one - which is expensive. If you want to combine them, then you need to buy a small points contract from FAVC to "legitimize" and combine your resale contracts and increase your points.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
Ok, tanks Helaine, it seems to be beter for new members.
Depending on your situation, if you buy a bigger account first - say 9600 points - you may not need to buy anything else. 9600 points is 2 weeks in a 1BR or 1 week in a 2BR with points left over for AI or a studio week - or 4 weeks in a studio. It all depends on what you need - what you're trying to do.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Question, I often use to see favc timeshare for sale in eBay for one Dollar, but in the last weeks I only saw a few ones or none, I heard some Hilton members would be interested in buy a resale because they will need more points to book in FAVC in cabo next year, or may be it happend sometimes and them come to the normality.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Question, I often use to see favc timeshare for sale in eBay for one Dollar, but in the last weeks I only saw a few ones or none, I heard some Hilton members would be interested in buy a resale because they will need more points to book in FAVC in cabo next year, or may be it happend sometimes and them come to the normality.
I’m still thinking the same question, every time is listed one for a few dollars on eBay is sold, anyone have an idea why, may be FAVC don’t like that kind of advertisements and there aren’t so many in the market.