• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cruising TUGgers--It's that time again! [merge]

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did not get off the ship in either Monaco (race day) or Civitavecchia where the port is located and then I believe it was about 20 miles to Rome. The ship arrives at the port at 8am and has to be cleared by local officials. The ship was almost empty all day long so there was quite a rush to get off the ship and onto either the train, buses or taxis and into Rome. I would imagine that a 10:30 tour time would be fine if she was one of the first off the boat but it would become more difficult the further back in line you are. Each person exiting has to have the NCL issued ID card scanned and that takes time.

and the NCL sponsored excursions have priority to get off the boat.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bon Voyage! Some 24ish TUGgers have set sail today from Barcelona, bound for Monte Carlo, Florence, Rome, Naples, Majorca and beyond. More to follow...

Jim Ricks

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Home again, Home again...

Well, we made it home today after covering over 12,000 miles. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. After I dig out all the trip stuff and get organized--in the next day or two-- I will post a few group photos including the TUG banner ones.

Even though I'm tired of airports for now, where is everyone interested in traveling to next??

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
next year is 20th anniversary

wife wants southern med. I would like sweden, finland denmark, germany

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 airports down and one to go. We will experience over 23 hours of daylight this Solstice day. The sun was up 2 hours before we left Barcelona and is still shining in SLC 22 hours later.

I can relate to being a little airport burned out or a while.

Maybe next year we might be interested in the Baltic capitals Oslo, Copenhagen, Talin, Riga, and St Petersburg. Extra interest if it overnights in St. Pete. It would dovetail well with TS stays in Great Britain.

I had full intentions of messing with pictures on the plane(s) today, but got sidetracked. I will try to post a few selected ones in the next few days.
We enjoyed the trip and meeting a few TUGgers. We're a fun bunch!

Jim Ricks

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 airports down and one to go. We will experience over 23 hours of daylight this Solstice day. The sun was up 2 hours before we left Barcelona and is still shining in SLC 22 hours later.

I can relate to being a little airport burned out or a while.

Maybe next year we might be interested in the Baltic capitals Oslo, Copenhagen, Talin, Riga, and St Petersburg. Extra interest if it overnights in St. Pete. It would dovetail well with TS stays in Great Britain.

I had full intentions of messing with pictures on the plane(s) today, but got sidetracked. I will try to post a few selected ones in the next few days.
We enjoyed the trip and meeting a few TUGgers. We're a fun bunch!

Jim Ricks
Jim, Princess has some great cruises out of Copenhagen with 2 days in St. Petersburg, I believe. Wouldn't that be a good destination for the next TUG cruise?

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I'd be interested in the Baltic/St Pete cruise, Greek Isles, South America/Antartica, Galapagos, Australia/NZ or my dream trip of the South Pacific on the Paul Gauguin!

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Here are a couple from the pre-cruise dinner in Barcelona:

P1010832.JPG

P1010836.JPG

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second the recommendation of a Northern Europe/Baltic cruise with two days in St. Petersburg. The Princess one looks good to me.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I'd be interested in the Baltic/St Pete cruise, Greek Isles, South America/Antartica, Galapagos, Australia/NZ or my dream trip of the South Pacific on the Paul Gauguin!

I think I'm ready for a winter beaches type cruise. I could envision a t/s week in Hawaii followed by a cruise to Tahiti or something similar.

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello cruisers and cruisettes,

Sam and I are interested in a Danube River cruise.

Mas..thanks for posting photos of your good time group.

Kathleen

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;

Kathleen

That idea was discussed as a possibility for an upcoming cruise. I'm guessing that after the dust settles on this cruise there will be another poll taken over at the yahoo board (see the link in my signature).

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
That idea was discussed as a possibility for an upcoming cruise. I'm guessing that after the dust settles on this cruise there will be another poll taken over at the yahoo board (see the link in my signature).

Hi All,

Yep. I'm planning on posting a poll in a few weeks. Stay tuned! This was a great group of people for the TUG Med Cruise!

Kathy Q

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen

This is the one we were discussing in Orlando right? We would also be interested.

Lynn

DAKOTATEX

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will check out "Cruisin Tuggers"...great idea! FYI, some of our vacations utilizing "timeshares"; 1st trip to Hawaii used Hilton Honors points obtained from buying 1st TS-Hilton Grand VC in 1997; Fantastic "self tour planned" trip to Norway for 16 days using more HH points from HGVC and credit cards. We had points to cover Scandia Hotel stays for 14 nights for us PLUS 2 other family members. Unrelated "Alpine Bus Tour" for 16 days....Germany, Austria, Switzerland in 2006; Several timeshare stays in Las Vegas (Flamingo is our favorite), Florida, Texas, and Mexico. Bonus points spent in Honolulu. In 2009 We discovered "cruising". Combined 3 yrs of HGVC points to go on a 16 day transatlantic cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Rome; met relatives and spent 3 days in Barcelona (using ts points) then took another 10 day Mediterranean cruise. (29000 HGVC points were worth $2900. which did exceed the maintanence fees for 9800 points per year, but we had to pay those anyway. So there was some cash outlay also, but all in all it was definately worth it!! Information and blogging on cruise critic with our "shipmates" helped enormously with the planning. We also spent 3 days in Rome using Honors points. We live inexpensively in a small house, preferring to spend our retirement income on traveling. Fortunately we have rented out our Grand Mayan property 3 times since purchase and have made $400-$600. over maintanence. Have made deposits to San Francisco X and the Registry Collection. Will try for Spain next spring and Disney Wilderness Nov 2011. C&K

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Lynn,

Yes it is.

And..I'm not above bribing others to do this cruise. It's on my "bucket list".

Kathleen

Kathleen, which cruise line were you looking at and which dates? I'd like to take a look at the itineray. Thanks. Elli

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kathleen, which cruise line were you looking at and which dates? I'd like to take a look at the itineray. Thanks. Elli

Hi Elli,

I'll actually be the one looking at some alternatives and presenting them to the Cruising TUGger's group. I'll post here when I've put the information up on the Yahoo site.

Kathy Q

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello past and future Cruisers and Cruisettes,

Kathy Q will do and of the hard work. We'll get the benefit.

I'm just checking around to stuff the ballot box for a Danube River cruise.

Kathleen

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Elli,

I'll actually be the one looking at some alternatives and presenting them to the Cruising TUGger's group. I'll post here when I've put the information up on the Yahoo site.

Kathy Q
Kathy, I do know that you are the one looking after the Cruising Tugger's group, just thought Kathleen had one particular cruise in mind and, as I mentioned, I was just going to look up the itinerary. Don't mind waiting until you post it on the Yahoo site.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
out 20th anniversary is 7/25/2011 if your looking for a cruise date. we want to be on a cruise at this time

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm planning on posting a poll in a few weeks. Stay tuned! This was a great group of people for the TUG Med Cruise!

Kathy Q

Hey Kathy, I see today (7-20) that there was a poll on the Yahoo Groups site and now it is closed and results posted. No notice was put here. I don't check that site frequently for changes. I apparently misunderstood that the poll would be announced here.

Possibly others would be attracted to join Cruising TUGgers and maybe have input to a poll if they knew?

We enjoyed the W.Med cruise and would consider a different cruise at a different time.

Jim Ricks

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Hi All,

Yep. I'm planning on posting a poll in a few weeks. Stay tuned! This was a great group of people for the TUG Med Cruise!

Kathy Q

While I am not Kathy, we are now a team. I have added the polls. Answer away....

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear pollsters,

I am whining because I was unaware of the current quickie poll.

After seeing the previous post, I did try to vote. I'm not certain that it counted after the fact.

Just curious,why no heads up on TUG? Or, was it somewhere that I missed?

Thanks.

Kathleen