• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cruise Advice

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have some acquaintances that did a group Inland Waterway Alaska Cruise on a converted Ocean Tug this past summer. They had a wonderful time.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Joan. I hadn't considered anyone here would be interested in my review, so I didn't post much on Tug about it. But if you want to read the review on the CruiseCritic website, this is the link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=591974 (I hope that link works. If it doesn't, search there for my screen name. I'm DaveNW there, too.)

It was a great cruise, and I would happily do it again. One caveat: Check the itineraries for ships leaving Seattle vs. ships leaving from Vancouver, BC. We found the in-port schedule was MUCH better on the ships leaving from Vancouver. Added bonus: The passengers on our cruise were many people from Australia and Europe, so the conversations were very enjoyable! There is so much more to see in Alaska, I think next time I'd like to fly to Anchorage to explore that area, then head up to the Interior. I'd love to see Denali! (Luckily, I have relatives who live in Anchorage, so this may actually happen.)

Dave
We did one with Celebrity last year and I did not do enough research and missed the part that none of the Celebrity Cruises to Alaska cover Glacier Bay. I had spent 2 weeks in Glacier Bay on a private yacht before and really enjoyed it. My husband had not been on a cruise or Glacier Bay prior to the trip so he did not know what he missed. We enjoyed Celebrity Solstice very much but not going into Glacier Bay was a lowlight. If we were to go back to Alaska, it will be on a liner that goes into Glacier Bay. I know some of the Princess and Holland America ships include Glacier Bay.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If we were to go back to Alaska, it will be on a liner that goes into Glacier Bay. I know some of the Princess and Holland America ships include Glacier Bay.
Princess and H/A are the only lines that go into Glacier Bay as far as I know.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Princess and H/A are the only lines that go into Glacier Bay as far as I know.
I remember reading that there was one more, a higher end cruise liner, is also allowed to cruise into Glacier Bay. I also read about a process where cruise liners bid for permits to go into Glacier Bay and only 3(?) highest bids are given the permit, and the permit is for 10(?) years. After the 10(?) years, 3 get awarded again based on the 3 highest bids.