• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cross Year Reservation

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I'm sure this has been addressed but I couldn't find it.

If I have a reservation that goes from December 28, 2019 to January 3, 2020 how do the points work?

Is the entire reservation considered 2019 points? Do the points for December 28, 29, 30 and 31 come from 2019 and January 1, 2 and 3 come from 2020?

Many thanks.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
[Better answers below...]

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
For Home week reservations,
For 2019, you would book week 52 based on your resort’s designated checkin date (see table below). NOTE: Weeks 51 and 52 were sold fixed weeks at several resorts however you might be able to book a week during this timeframe if there is availability. See this old thread for more details - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/home-resort-reservations.215496

For Club Reservations, (Correction based on Sandy VDH’s reply below)
I thought the reservation system would pull points based on valid use year however Sandy’s reply below indicates points are based on day of check-in use year.
Here’s Sandy’s old thread - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...ft-over-according-to-the-hgvc-website.253817/

BCC87262-845E-480F-BECD-28B72B02C28E.png

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just checked on my home resort booking using 2019 points, it offered me through 1/4/20 as viable dates, so I continued to the next screen and it shows me that all of the points come out of my 2019 point bucket.

I was the one that reported issues NOT with making the initial reservation but rather with making changes to the reservation. So it works on the initial booking, but not on any subsequent changes, for Club season reservations, that span the year end. There was a glitch last year, but I do not know if they have fixed it. (Somehow I doubt it). So HGVC will just manually create a second reservation if you need to change something, so that you will NOT be required to pay for an additional reservation.

Wyndham and HICV also work that way, point are based on the day of check in use year.

Last edited: