• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Creative user titles for TUG reviewers

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So how do we get these new monikers added to show on our posts? I think I have 11 reviews but still just show as TUG Member.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I havent quite gotten down that far in the list yet....they will show up though I promise!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ive gotten down to include everyone with at least 14 reviews now....its a long list...so please be patient =)

or write more reviews! lol

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
actually still contemplating changing ELITE to something far more amusing and "worthy" of the feat of writing 50 reviews.

Demigod
Master

etc etc.

How about Platinum (Contributor) or Inner Circle or Ninja or Aristocrat or Crown Club or Supreme.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok..got a few more done tonight!

Everyone with at least 10 TUG reviews should now have a custom Veteran review crew title under their names!

If you do not see this under your name, it could be that your TUG membership email doesnt match your BBS email...so shoot me a PM if thats the case and we can sort it out!

You might be asking: "but Brian, how do I know how many reviews I have submitted" and thats a GREAT question!

to find out you go here

http://tug2.com

click the "login" link at the top right hand corner

then click the MY TUG link (itll be right where the login button was) and go down to MY REVIEWS.

clicking on this will show you exactly how many reviews you have submitted to TUG (this list can really only track to about 2007 sadly when we moved to the new review system).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
got through the 9s today, so the first batch of review crew rookies should show up!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. I saw that new, and very prestigious title by my username. Boy, do I feel SPECIAL! I mean, it's right up there with earning my Webelos badge in Boy Scouts. :)

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Timeshare Merit Badge!!!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
So what happens if you have a different user name on the forums than the review area ? My names are different.

Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It actually goes off your email address.

but if that is different, ill have to sort it out manually. If you know you have more than 9 reviews, shoot me an email with the different emails you use and ill sort you out!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Hey I just noticed this today.... I guess I am TUG Review Crew: Expert

New goal now, double my reviews and hit the next level.

Thanks Brian

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad everyone enjoys the titles!!!

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
all the 8s should now appear!

overthehill

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark since 1998 - Stayed at WM 61 resorts so far, but slowing down
Hi, Brian, I think acknowledging those TUG members by the number of reviews they submitted is a nice gesture. Like so many other members, many of my reviews going back to 2000 were lost on a computer conversion. The same is true of the dozens of digital photos I've submitted showing resorts we've stayed at. Fortunately, I still have many of those photos and will resubmit them over time as the newer resolution requirements require that I reduce the resolution to the new limit, not a quick task.
Thank you for continuing the great job that Bill began so many years ago. The new format of the site is excellent once one gets used to it's workings. Keep up the good job.
Mark Beales

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there is actually no resolution limit on the server, it was more of a size thing. Which I believe is now above 3mb.

Also note that no reviews should have been lost that im aware of (least since I took over). all very old reviews are still included on the resorts, but since they were submitted in a much different fashion back in the day...there is really no feasible way to link them to active memberships today...thus these new titles only apply for reviews submitted since the TUG member login system actually went active and reviews were tracked by member login id. (07ish).

I certainly do not mean to downplay or ignore the reviews submitted in the past, but to explain how the titles are calculated now.

avad88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, Brian.
I've always been a big fan of reviews and rely on them to help me with my exchanges. The perk of submitting enough to pay my dues is greatly appreciated too.
I am proud to be a veteran and striving to be an expert.
Ava :)

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Thanks Brian!

Just noticed my new title when I read about them in the Newsletter. I always use the reviews when we are going to a new place, and usually even when returning to old favorites. (love to hear about new restaurants) Also use them to decide if we even want to go to that resort. They really are helpful, so I am happy to submit reviews.

And now I have a cool new title!

Ann

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you all are most welcome, and well deserved!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also note that since there are so few of you, any Expert levels can pick their own name/title if they like if you have something more creative/appropriate in mind than expert =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the 7 crew should now show up!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
6s are now all done and tagged properly! congrats! (whew there were alot!)