• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costco Kirkland Boxed Chocolates

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
Maui too?

Hawaii costcos has some of the best prices for gas on the island. When we were they in September it was .25 + a gallon cheaper than any other place of the island.

Also prices are the same everywhere, so food court and other items are very good for Hawaii. $1.50 for hot dog and beverage, you will not find anything that cheap in the islands.

Does the Costco in Maui have gas? I don't remember seeing it.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the Costco in Maui have gas? I don't remember seeing it.

Not currently, but I recently read (I think someone posted a link on TUG) that they will be adding a gas center to the Maui Costco.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked for those chocolates at Costco on Friday. No luck. But I did find a 1 lb box of truffles wrapped for Valentine's day. After I give them a taste test, I may have to go back on Tuesday or Wed. and see if they are marked with a *.97. Then I'll grab a few.

Thanks for the insight about Kirkland boxed chocolates.

Sue

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do alot of my normal grocery shopping there but my husband and kids love going to Costco for the samples. My husband thinks it's a sporting event trying to visit all the sample tables with the kids (but then they want to buy everything that's sampled). I don't like going when it's busy on the weekends when most the samples are provided. . . .

You might enjoy Scoopie's Costco Rant - I think it's one of the funniest TUG posts ever!

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98176

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had forgotten how funny that was. BTW, Scoopy's brewmaster at a microbrew in LV. I wish him well.... Jim

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember that post, and totally agree with him when you go on a Saturday.:eek: Got stuck doing the Saturday Karate run(just down the street from Costco) in the fall. Should have taken the younger one to art class at the museum.

It's much nicer going on the other karate date, Tuesday at about 6pm. Much calmer due to lack of samples.

I've got one to add to the rant, a grandmother, daughter and granddaughter(about 1yr old). They were blocking an aisle taking a bunch of pictures of the gd. I think they were going to scrapbook about baby's first Costco visit. This of course was on a Saturday.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, that was a funny post indeed, I read it.

It reminds me of the time I slowly pulled back out of my parking spot at Costco, with my view blocked by two large vehicles on each side (van and large pickup truck), while a 70 year old grandma drove by like a rocket, and I hit her coming out of my spot. Of course it was my fault, and my insurance went up astronomically - as a result I switched to Costco car insurance.

Talking about Costco tires, yesterday I just dumped $1,321 (after the $70 coupon and sales tax free!) for changing my tires at Costco. I am still hurting!!

Last edited:

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scoopy

Jim - thanks for posting about Scoop. " I had forgotten how funny that was. BTW, Scoopy's brewmaster at a microbrew in LV. I wish him well.... Jim"

I miss his posts and wish him well.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked for those chocolates at Costco on Friday. No luck. But I did find a 1 lb box of truffles wrapped for Valentine's day. After I give them a taste test, I may have to go back on Tuesday or Wed. and see if they are marked with a *.97. Then I'll grab a few.

Thanks for the insight about Kirkland boxed chocolates.

Sue
Sue,
How were the truffles? I saw them at our Costco today and they looked pretty good. But I really don't need any more candy around the house. I have no resistance when it comes to chocolate!

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sue,
How were the truffles? I saw them at our Costco today and they looked pretty good. But I really don't need any more candy around the house. I have no resistance when it comes to chocolate!

They were OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get them.