TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Correct reservation fee for a waitlist reservation done online?

Discussion in 'Hyatt Residence Club' started by ConejoRed, May 19, 2019.

1. ConejoRed

ConejoRed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach, HGVC Grand Pacific MarBrisa, Hyatt Highlands Inn
    I put in a waitlist request online a few weeks ago that came through today (first day my 2020 points were available). I was charged $47 for the reservation which I understand is the cost if done by phone, however I did the waitlist request online. I am thinking that it should be $41 but thought I would check to make sure I have not missed something before I call them tomorrow? I could not find anything specifically on this in the club guide.

2. DAman

DAman TUG Member

From the HRC website:

Hyatt Residence Club Fee Schedule
    Effective Oct. 1, 2018

CLUB USE PERIOD (and LIMITED CLUB USE PERIOD) RESERVATIONS
    Reservation fee $41 via our website $47 via phone

3. peas

peas TUG Member

I thought I was the only one! Please report this. Hyatt is looking into my 2 matches that got charged $47 (that was over 8 weeks ago). I have not heard back. In the meantime, I got another match which is another $47. I had 2 other matches prior to the ones I reported that I couldn't "prove" I didn't call in and ask to book via a online counselor. (There was a period where I couldn't use the request list function until I figured out it only worked with Chrome). They say that my issue of only having to use Chrome is now fixed since I'm getting it to work so they're going to charge me the $47 for those 2 matches. Infuriates me since I had the issue then when I put in the request so they should refund me my $6x2, and anyways, the person taking my request should not have charged the online fee since I couldn't use the request function then when they put it in. That's how they denied the request, but after the newer $47 charges, I've come to realize I get charged $47 for each fulfilled request & $41 for any available booking. The problem is that they don't believe me. Ever since the new website, it's been nothing but trouble one after the other for me. I hate the new website for so many reasons.

4. ConejoRed

ConejoRed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach, HGVC Grand Pacific MarBrisa, Hyatt Highlands Inn
    I have not had a chance to call them yet but will i the next few days. I have never even spoken to them on the phone yet (relatively new owner) so they certainly cannot claim I called in. Do they not keep any log of incoming call contacts? I will certainly post what I am told.

5. IslandTime

IslandTime TUG Member

I just reviewed all three of our reservations for this year and we were charged $47 for each one. All three were done online via the request wait list and I have a PDF saved of each request. I emailed Hyatt this morning and requested an $18 refund. Clearly something is wrong in their system that needs to be corrected. Hopefully they'll respond - I hate using the phone. :)

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  6. ivywag

ivywag TUG Member

I just checked our records and we were charged $47 for 4 different reservations and $41 for others! I’ll call and see what they say. Additionally, we were waitlisted for a unit which I happened upon while browsing the website. It was not confirmed from the waitlist, but we booked it online!

7. ivywag

ivywag TUG Member

All of the $47 ones were confirmed from the waitlist which I did online

8. IslandTime

IslandTime TUG Member

I got an email reply Wednesday night stating I should get a refund within 7-10 days. If I actually get it, I'll post here. :)

SteelerGal likes this.
  9. maizeandblue

maizeandblue TUG Member

Does anyone have an email for HRC? I tried calling twice and the Hyatt team told me that they cant issue a refund.

As a sidenote does anyone notice the service levels have been going downhill with Hyatt? They are no longer open on Sundays and it takes a while to talk to a person.

10. IslandTime

IslandTime TUG Member

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  11. ConejoRed

ConejoRed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I sent an email about being overcharged to hvomemberservices@hyattvoi.com and I just received a response that they will be refunding me the $47 charge and once that is processed will they then charge me the correct $41. The email also indicated that they have reported the issue to IT. I suspect that they are getting a lot of questions about being incorrectly charged for online waitlist requests.

12. peas

peas TUG Member

Thanks IslandTime & ConejoRed for the emails. I got a email response from them. I don't know what's up with my call in complaint since I still haven't heard a response.

The email said that IT has informed them that it has been resolved and it shouldn't happen again. I guess we'll see, but it won't be from me. I won't have another request match for a while. I had 5 requests fulfilled from 12/30 - 5/1 being charged $47.

Was the booking done close to the requested/desired date?