• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coming to you live from... Utah

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven’t been yet, but I am sure this is very debatable. So many states have really gorgeous scenery everywhere. Alaska comes to mind as one of many.
Feel free to chime in after you've been there. Yes, Alaska has a lot of scenic beauty, but there's so much of it. Alaska is 1/5 the size of the whole lower 48!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We just drove home today from being at our daughter's condo in Brian Head, UT, for a few days and went through Zion National Park on the way back, so I know what beautiful scenery you are enjoying in Utah. Very familiar with Panguitch and Bryce Canyon. Have fun! I do agree that Utah scenery is spectacular.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Which parts?

Dave

Just 5 days. Flying in from NY to Vegas and driving to Cable Mountain Lodge (Springdale)- Zion - where we are staying for the week, and will check out Bryce also.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I never really thought much about Utah or about putting it on my bucket list... These pictures are just beautiful and I'm now going to ensure that one day I get here...Thank you for sharing your story

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I never really thought much about Utah or about putting it on my bucket list... These pictures are just beautiful and I'm now going to ensure that one day I get here...Thank you for sharing your story

We always think National Parks when we decide to travel via air.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Just 5 days. Flying in from NY to Vegas and driving to Cable Mountain Lodge (Springdale)- Zion - where we are staying for the week, and will check out Bryce also.
Do you have the National Parks Senior Pass? When we went through Zion yesterday the cost was $35/car but we were happy to present our senior pass instead. I saw that the cost of a lifetime senior pass has gone up to $80 but there's an annual pass available for $20. If you don't have one, you can get it at the entrance gate. You'll need it to get into Bryce Canyon, too.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Definitely take a look at all the national parks in Utah as well as the nearby areas of northern Arizona which include the north rim of the Grand Canyon and Page, AZ for Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon. Check out this site: https://www.visitutah.com/road-to-m...CqyPrtSKNxdxXiRUly12A7KYQDowraI0aAgBAEALw_wcB

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Do you have the National Parks Senior Pass? When we went through Zion yesterday the cost was $35/car but we were happy to present our senior pass instead. I saw that the cost of a lifetime senior pass has gone up to $80 but there's an annual pass available for $20. If you don't have one, you can get it at the entrance gate. You'll need it to get into Bryce Canyon, too.

Yes- my husband has the $10 one! We are lucky!

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
You know, I think I might be the only person on this planet who went to Alaska and felt “meh”. So far I like Utah better.

Yesterday was a looong day. I didn’t ride in the morning, just didn’t want to feel rushed. We left our sweet tiny cabin around 9:30am and hit the road up Scenic UT Route 12. What a great drive. Huge variety of epic landscape, there is no one picture that captures it.

But here’s a nice one: red rocks and lush green, so beautiful.

kHqmdBN.jpg

Then.... it got not so fun. Lots of construction, delays with roads turned single lane for stretches, towns with slow speed limits and stoplights, slow moving vehicles like camping trailers and trucks hauling heavy things. We packed a lunch and had a delicious picnic while still on route 12 but needed to run a few errands and didn’t get to Marriott Mountainside until 6pm. Long day but at least our room was ready at check in, lol.

Fixed ourselves a nice dinner of sautéed lamb chops in our unit, then we walked down to watch an outdoor film in a city park. Sundance Summer Film Series, I won a schwag bag and the film was great. Man on Wire, if anyone’s interested.

Slept in a little today and then went exploring up Park City Mountain on the mountain bike. Literally riding from the front door of the Marriott, totally awesome. I had a plan but at the base of the mountain none of the trails were labeled (they want you to pay to carry your bike up the lift, I guess). I wound up on the wrong trail but it was no matter, I had a map, picked the brains of other riders on the trail, talked to some Bike Patrol guys I met and had a great ride.

Really nice trails and nice scenery: open grassy areas with grasses as high as your eye, cool forested areas with pines and birches, wild flowers. Just really nice riding.

G5Ndyfi.jpg

Then back to the condo, got some chores done (laundry and bike stuff). Fixed lunch. Walked around the resort and village a little. Came back to the Marriott to find them pouring wine (free!) in the lobby. Just a nice chill day.

Tomorrow I’m going to get up a little earlier and try to ride up Park City Mountain and then over to Deer Valley. We have a “presentation” at Summit Watch at 2pm. Pre-arrival offer for a $200 restaurant gift card enticed me, plus I do want to check out Summit Watch and downtown Park City. The restaurant gift card is for a restaurant group that has 5ish restaurants. Two bargain nights (a taco Tuesday and Thursday deals at a casual Italian place). Plus two of the restaurants have family meals to go. I’m thinking we can eat most of the rest of the week off that $200 restaurant gift card, lol.

More money to spend on the Alpine Slide and Alpine Roller Coaster. Both right here at the village where Marriott Mountain sits. :)

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Got out a little earlier today, rode up Park City mountain then to Deer Valley via Mid Mountain trail. Sweet ride, took the bike path back to Marriott Mountainside.

Lots of people out biking and hiking today. Everyone was so polite and well behaved on the trail that I thought I was in Canada, lol. Well except for one hammerhead type guy. Trail etiquette is that the person going uphill generally has the right of way on a narrow trail. If you’re going downhill, you skootch off the trail or stop to let the uphill person pass. All you usually say is thank the person for yielding to you, wish them a nice ride and tell them if you’re riding with more people and if so how many are behind. It would go something like this: person stops for you and doesn’t say anything, you say, “thanks, it’s just me, have a great ride”.

So I’m riding uphill and Mr Hammerhead is coming down hill. His job is to yield for me but he’s clearly in a hurry, so I pause a little. He says urgently, “Cmon Cmon Cmon!” It takes me a second to process this and I stop. “What did you say? Cmon?” I guess I was looking at him with a “how rude” face because he says to me, “I was just trying to get you to ride through”.

Funny because mostly people are just really chill.

Anyway, beautiful ride. Got back to the condo around 11am, showered, fixed lunch and then headed to Summit Watch for our sales pitch. We didn’t like the locale or resort anywhere near as much as we like Mountainside. The sales pitch was pretty painless and we collected our $200 restaurant gift cards which we used a little of to pick up a very tasty to-go family meal of lasagne and Caesar salad from a place called Ghidotti’s. With some wine back at the condo. Nice day.

I somehow managed to pull a scapular muscle though, maybe my trapezius. Stretching, foam rolling, myofascial release tonight.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Mid Mountain Trail

V8r1ETL.jpg