• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

combined airlines tickets

timesharer

Reaction score
Some tickets from the online travel site (orbitz, expedia,...etc) are combined from different airline flights. If one flight is delayed, and past the next leg departure time, will the different airline put us on the next flight?

Thanks!

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, someone will, but I can't remember whether it's the airline of the first delayed flight, or the one you've missed. I don't think you have to contact the agent aka orbitz. (It has happened to us, and maybe we had to go back to the desk of the first flight's airline.)

Even when there are different airlines on the same ticket, only one airline is actually the seller of this ticket, as I understand - orbitz or whoever is just the travel agent.

Once you're ticketed, you can call and find out. Or you could call orbitz or whoever in advance and ask just this question.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
AFAIK, its the airline that issued the ticket (not the booking agency), usually the first segment of your itinerrary, who's responsible for rebooking you. The terms of carriage typically require them to deliver you to your destination within 24 hours of your scheduled arrival time.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the trip is with 2 airlines, you can be bounced between the 2 airlines when problem arises. 2 yr ago, I book a free ticket on aa using american airline from chicago to tokyo and connect on japan airline to guangzhou china. There was an accident involving a fedex plane with 2 fatalities causing 1 of the runways to closedown the day we arrived in tokyo. we were told that my japan airline flight to china might be cancelled that day and we have to wait for the next day. we were bounced between american airline and japan airline; each said that the other airline is responsible for helping us with the accomodation. Japan airline told us that if we have booked the whole trip with them, it would have take care of the overnight accommodation.