• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combine-deposit promotion (24-month expiration) extended to 4/21/2018

rto

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has extended the continuing promotion of combining weeks and receiving a 24-month extension before expiration. The last one was announced late December 2017 with an expiration of 31 March 2018. This time it's not so generous, with an expiration of 21 April 2018. I have a combinable week expiring in April, so this allows me to combine next month and then place an OGS for April 2020. I would not be surprised to see this extended again, so I have a note to call around 20 April for an update.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I had the pleasure of informing one of the RCI Weeks agents of that yesterday. She was trying to sell me on the combine by 3/31 promo, but I had already seen the extension on the website. You'd think they would tell them these things.

Sheila

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two deposits expiring in July 2018 that I would like to combine. What do you think the chances are that RCI will extend this promotion until July?

rto

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been a continuous promotion for at least a year (formerly standard practice). I would log onto your RCI account on 21 April (Vacation Search and Deposits, Manage my Deposits) and check for an alert to see if this has been extended once again (highly likely).

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I put a reminder on my calendar the day before each "expiration"....

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had anyone heard anything about this being extended again?

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I'm debating whether to combine now (5 months earlier than I need to) or take my chances that they'll have another offer between now and the end of September. If they don't, I'll have to combine next time 7 months earlier than I would if I combine today.

My crystal ball is fuzzy on whether there will be another offer.

Sheila

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted RCI by chat tonight asking about the possibility of them extending the promotion again. This is what the agent typed back to me.

No that promotion will not be offered again. The rules for combining are getting ready to change. After tomorrow, there is going to be 2 options when you combine where you can combine for 1 year or 2. 1 year will be $129 and 2 years will be $179. That stinks....guess I'll go ahead and combine, I'll lose two months but I'll save $50.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Just checked after they updated the RCI website, it is $129 for a one year combine and $179 for a two year.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
And for Canadians - in loonies - GST / HST included

12 months $ 181 CAD
24 months $ 251 CAD

FYI - the fee to extend a deposit for 12 months is the same as combining
so better to combine if you have multiple deposits .

There are shorter extend time frames for lesser amounts.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I waited a bit too long to take advantage of this promotion. I kept hoping they would offer it again, but I haven't seen any new offers. I have until August to extend and combine my deposits. Busy summer ahead, so I hope I don't forget.