• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football Playoff Predictions!

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
722 posts of analyzing, proselytizing, and talking about how this team coulda, shoulda, etc, sometimes you just gotta watch, root, and have faith . The naysayers can go quiet now.

Go Bucks!

Really, you're going to go down that route!?

It was a great college season and the playoff was a huge success IMO! I also really enjoyed the back and forth in this thread quite a bit!

Your team just won! Enjoy it and try not to look petty!

L

laurac260

Really, you're going to go down that route!?

It was a great college season and the playoff was a huge success IMO! I also really enjoyed the back and forth in this thread quite a bit!

Your team just won! Enjoy it and try not to look petty!

Not trying to BE petty. I listened to naysayers from everywhere, all season, but especially the last three weeks. Sometimes you just gotta have faith!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
oh and giving credit where credit is due...OSU played a fantastic game on both sides of the ball. well deserved win there.

Brian, a third string QB beat the best QB in college this football season.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

Loved it Clemson Fan - thanks to you and the other regulars on this thread! I probably would've had zero interest in college football this year if it wasn't for this thread on TUG.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
For this OSU fan it was a very nerve wracking game to watch.

Oregon wins the toss and elects to receive, OSU defers so that is what the team wanted anyhow.

Oregon drives down with ease and scores on their first possession, sick feeling in my stomach.

Then I see the size of those two ginoumous defensive ends of Oregon's and am thinking there is no way OSU will be able to run the ball. They ended up getting pretty worn out with OSU's speed game.

OSU is up 14-7 and driving to make it 21-7 and turns the ball over, Oregon drives to the 2 yd line and gives the ball up on downs, feeling better.

Once again OSU is driving to make it 21-7 and turns it over again.

21-10 at half time and feeling better but listening to all the broadcasters talk about how Oregon will come out in the second half and put a whoopin' on the Buckeyes.

21-20 and feeling sick again.

35-20 and starting to feel better but knowing Oregon can score in 6 seconds, I realized why OSU did not take a knee at the end, Oregon still had time outs and 2 scores is not impossible for that team in under a minute.

It's too bad that last Oregon pass was intercepted for the sake for their QB but for me that's better than being completed for a touchdown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How well OSU fans travel was brought up earlier in this thread and during the game I kept asking myself "why am I not there?"

One announcer said he estimates the crowd was 70% OSU fans. I have a friend I could have stayed with and I'm sure getting a ticket would not have been difficult.

I'm going to find out where it's going to be played next year and see if I can get some kind of TS trade and see that game no matter who's in it.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks to CF, Brian, ace2000, am1 and others for the thread. In spite of the recent snide comments that a few non-CFB fans have chimed in with, it was a great season-long spirited discussion.

I think this season showed us a lot of things:

1) A 4 team playoff is a step in the right direction - more fair competition and a new level of enthusiasm surrounding the championship game.

2) How wrong the BCS system got it all those years. This year, the BCS would have pitted FSU vs Alabama, who both got whipped in the semi's.

3) How close the line is to not qualifying for the playoff and winning it all. Let's not forget that OSU was very close to not making the playoff. We have proof that the playoff field, at least as determined by the current process, has to be at least 4 teams deep to get the right team in. If the 4th ranked team can win it all, is there now really any doubt that the 5th ranked team could do the same? I would hope not.

Fun season. Fun thread. Let's do it again next year!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
... Fun season. Fun thread. Let's do it again next year!

We can start now, OSU will be ranked #1 until they lose a game or when the committee kicks in.

How will your fav team fare this year?

I'm interested in seeing what's going to happen at QB this year and how well Michigan is going to do under the new coach.

It won't be an easy season for OSU, everyone will be up for them. They may need an 8 team playoff to get in next year.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We can start now, OSU will be ranked #1 until they lose a game or when the committee kicks in.

How will your fav team fare this year?

I'm in... LOL - is it too early to change my favorite team to Ohio St? I'm sure they'll be a force to be reckoned with for awhile.

Kinda strange what happens to your favorite teams as you move away. I've gone from a Buckeye fan to a Miami fan to a Big 12 fan and now to a Mizzou fan, all in the span of about 40 years. I was a strong Buckeye fan growing up, but that was many years ago. A lot of it depends on what sport pages you read on a regular basis (though my son attends Mizzou and gets me free tickets, so that's a factor now).

One thing for sure, where ever I move, I'll always pull for the baseball Cardinals! And I do find myself still pulling for the Cleveland pro teams.

Last edited:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have some close ties to The University of Washington. My brother in law, whom I'm close with, his dad was the UW trainer for the football team for 25 years. As a teenager my brother in law was on the Rose Bowl sideline when they won their NC. Anyhow, they hate Oregon and are having a field day today.

I was actually rooting for Oregon last night as I did in their other NC game.

However, I do personally find Oregon's fanbase to be one of the more obnoxious ones around, but that's just me. UW has had a down decade which just hapenned to coincide with Oregon's best decade and man has Oregon's fanbase given it to UW's fanbase over the last decade.

My impression of Oregon is that they're a gimmicky paper tiger that runs up the score way too often. When they get punched in the mouth they actually end up folding like they did last night.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, I do personally find Oregon's fanbase to be one of the more obnoxious ones around, but that's just me. UW has had a down decade which just hapenned to coincide with Oregon's best decade and man has Oregon's fanbase given it to UW's fanbase over the last decade.

Yes, the UO fan base whines a lot.

In 2008, BSU went into Autzen, one of the toughest places to play in the country, with a freshman QB and thumped the Ducks. All we Bronco fans heard for a year was what a fluke that win was (BSU led 37-13 entering the 4th, some fluke). Then the Ducks got to come to Boise to play on The Blue the next year. This was a Duck team with Masoli, LaGarrett Blount, LaMichael James, etc that ultimately won the Pac-12 and played in the Rose Bowl. The Broncos totally dominated the Ducks, holding their offense to 150 total yards and not allowing the Ducks a first down until mid way through the 3rd quarter! Then, we got to hear again what a fluke that game was.

Duck fans don't take losing particularly well. :bawl:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another record for the TV ratings.

Ohio State’s Victory Delivers ESPN Ratings Record
It was a championship night on every level for not just Ohio State but ESPN as well. Monday night’s primetime inaugural College Football Playoff National Championship gave the sports cablers its highest metered market result in its 35-year history and the best ever in cable history. The Buckeyes’ 42-20 win over Oregon delivered a 18.5 overnight rating for ESPN. That a 21% jump for the National Championship game over last year’s Florida State vs. Auburn in the BCS National Championship, which the CFPNP replaced.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/ohio-state-espn-ratings-record-1201348915/

Last edited: