• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coconut Plantation - Site map - which buildings completed

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I found this map online. I believe not all buildings were completed. Does anyone know which ones where?

Cocolayout original.jpg

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
51, 52 and 53. Have heard a variety of talk about that they're going to be buildng 54 - but don't know if anything has actually been started.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I love this timeshare. Wonder why so little ended up being built.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love this timeshare. Wonder why so little ended up being built.

The discovery of the eagle's nest on the property was the initial reason construction did not proceed on additional buildings - combine that with the 2008 economy downturn and the slow down in unit sales, there was no need for additional units. However based on the TS salesman's comments the past 5 years, it sounds like they're going to break ground on the next building next week (agreed, their lips were moving.)

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
51, 52, 53 and 54 are open. They had people in 54 over Christmas when I was there. My understanding is building 54 and all new buildings will be held for Portfolio Point program and developer sales incentives. Deeded owners will be in units 51, 52, and 53.

Not sure if a PP availability period shows for a week owner if they would fill that with new units. YMMV

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Has anyone been to a sales presentation there recently? Wondering whether the Marriott acquisition will affect the affiliation with the Hyatt hotel and the private island ferries?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I did one last week.. I think most are were Marriott sales peeps. While the product is Hyatt the talk is Marriott this or that,

Bottom line they have no idea what Marriott is going to do. They only speculate as you or I would.

But if you look at Marriott’s Vacations 2017 annual report you can gleem a bit about them. (1) They take pride in diminishing the value of resell units, by minimizing substantially what a resell owner can use interval for.

(2) Pure Points is the way they intend on going. They have arrangements with HOA to buy units in default, for back MF. They proactively buy units via ROFR where they can get units cheaper than cost of new development. Point systems also allow them to minimize there costs on unsold inventory as they can better control inventory levels.

Not sure if they will keep Hyatt’s Pure Point system or gut it for something new. But as a Hyatt owner the way you keep the flexibility you have now is don’t drink the koolaid and upgrade if you don’t convert to portfolio inventory then they will lack substantial inventory to make that system function unless they build new units.

If you want an interesting insight on to how ILG operated and Marriot Vacation read each companies 2017 annual report they explain in great detail their plans and goals.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I’m thinking of buying into HYATT and the ability to exchange internally between all of the HYATT’s. I hope Marriott does not alter that and that option still exists.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But if you look at Marriott’s Vacations 2017 annual report you can gleem a bit about them. (1) They take pride in diminishing the value of resell units, by minimizing substantially what a resell owner can use interval for.
Just curious, how is it diminished thru interval?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m thinking of buying into HYATT and the ability to exchange internally between all of the HYATT’s. I hope Marriott does not alter that and that option still exists.
I was thinking of Hyatt, but would only get it if it was a week I would use more then not. Too many unknowns for the future.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Just curious, how is it diminished thru interval?
I wasn’t stating it was diminished under interval I was referring to section of Marriott Vacations 2017 Annual Report where they discuss how they keep their unit prices proped up by many things one by limiting the benefits of a resell week vs developer purchased week.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was thinking of Hyatt, but would only get it if it was a week I would use more then not. Too many unknowns for the future.

This is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on a Hyatt. I feel I would have to pay big bucks for a diamond or platinum week (which is really the only 2 options I would consider) at Beach House or Coconut Plantation which are the resorts I would for sure use. To many unknowns right now

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
So far I have had Hyatt just over 1 month. The phone people are extremely helpful and curteous. The checkin process at resort was simple and straight forward, owner update like all the rest, a sales presentation. Resorts are nice and clean.

But few things that strike me odd. (1) I haven’t received a feedback request for my stay at their property (2) I have never received a thing from Hyatt like welcome to the club. (3) I know MF are due but could not find how to pay. Phone peeps say the will invoice me mid January.

I am eagerly awaiting my second Hyatt to be recognized by Hyatt, recorded deed sent to them 12/18. So if it works like last one should see in my account around 1/6.

The weirdest thing I find with Hyatt is the booking times you have 2,3,4 and 7 day windows if you are a deeded member. You can also get single days but they are via the portfolio program and you will have a reservation fee and a $60 fee for each 1 day stay you pick in addition to your point use. Most single days are Saturdays.

In Hyatt they weight Saturday point costs higher than other systems. Saturday point costs are 40% of weekly point total. Most other systems it’s around 20%.

Booking 2,3, and 4 days are on fixed day of start like 4 day is Sunday-Thursday, 3 day are Thur-Sat. So it’s not like you can pick exact day of week you want.

In Interval Hyatt Points seem to go pretty far. I booked a week in 2 bedroom at the Ridge in Lake Tahoe for 1300 points.

I would say I have been pretty surprised how easy it is to find internal availability for internal exchanges. While I haven’t seen weeks I have see several 3 and 4 day Hyatt Maui reservations available.

They have an internal waitlist also. You would need points in account for use (I think, but no sure if you would have to terminate your deeded week before using waitlist.). But if you use it they instantly book it if it become available.

While points from multiple contracts combine in same account, you must know that depending on your deeded week you may have limited time to use them as a combined group to book something like a week in Maui. Worst case scenario is if your weeks are 26 weeks apart.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So far I have had Hyatt just over 1 month. The phone people are extremely helpful and curteous. The checkin process at resort was simple and straight forward, owner update like all the rest, a sales presentation. Resorts are nice and clean.

But few things that strike me odd. (1) I haven’t received a feedback request for my stay at their property (2) I have never received a thing from Hyatt like welcome to the club. (3) I know MF are due but could not find how to pay. Phone peeps say the will invoice me mid January.

I am eagerly awaiting my second Hyatt to be recognized by Hyatt, recorded deed sent to them 12/18. So if it works like last one should see in my account around 1/6.

The weirdest thing I find with Hyatt is the booking times you have 2,3,4 and 7 day windows if you are a deeded member. You can also get single days but they are via the portfolio program and you will have a reservation fee and a $60 fee for each 1 day stay you pick in addition to your point use. Most single days are Saturdays.

In Hyatt they weight Saturday point costs higher than other systems. Saturday point costs are 40% of weekly point total. Most other systems it’s around 20%.

Booking 2,3, and 4 days are on fixed day of start like 4 day is Sunday-Thursday, 3 day are Thur-Sat. So it’s not like you can pick exact day of week you want.

In Interval Hyatt Points seem to go pretty far. I booked a week in 2 bedroom at the Ridge in Lake Tahoe for 1300 points.

I would say I have been pretty surprised how easy it is to find internal availability for internal exchanges. While I haven’t seen weeks I have see several 3 and 4 day Hyatt Maui reservations available.

They have an internal waitlist also. You would need points in account for use (I think, but no sure if you would have to terminate your deeded week before using waitlist.). But if you use it they instantly book it if it become available.

While points from multiple contracts combine in same account, you must know that depending on your deeded week you may have limited time to use them as a combined group to book something like a week in Maui. Worst case scenario is if your weeks are 26 weeks apart.
II is very generous for trading. That is one thing that can change. Marriott in II allows Marriott to Marriott whereas Hyatt as I understand in II doesn’t allow Hyatt to Hyatt, you have to do that within the system.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on a Hyatt. I feel I would have to pay big bucks for a diamond or platinum week (which is really the only 2 options I would consider) at Beach House or Coconut Plantation which are the resorts I would for sure use. To many unknowns right now
I was considering those and Sunset but being I was going to use most of the time I decided on Banyan and HGVC Eagles Nest. I just felt overall better value. Beach House and Coconut I can trade into easily. If I ever get one it will probably be Sunset.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I was considering those and Sunset but being I was going to use most of the time I decided on Banyan and HGVC Eagles Nest. I just felt overall better value. Beach House and Coconut I can trade into easily. If I ever get one it will probably be Sunset.
I’ll be at Sunst Harbor towards end of January with the DW.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ll be at Sunst Harbor towards end of January with the DW.
Depending on when I might be at the Banyan. Great time of year to be there.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I must have lower level weeks, as the only time I was able to trade into a Hyatt with an OGS was for Memorial week at Hyatt Windward Pointe over two years ago. My SDO and QH must not have enough pull for these

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I must have lower level weeks, as the only time I was able to trade into a Hyatt with an OGS was for Memorial week at Hyatt Windward Pointe over two years ago. My SDO and QH must not have enough pull for these
My trading power can change at any time, we all know that. Owning where you want to go most times is what I still believe in. If being guaranteed to go to Coconut Plantation or Beach Club was what I wanted I would go for it but even though I like both, not a must on my list. Now Sunset would be very tempting with the right unit and price.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My trading power can change at any time, we all know that. Owning where you want to go most times is what I still believe in. If being guaranteed to go to Coconut Plantation or Beach Club was what I wanted I would go for it but even though I like both, not a must on my list. Now Sunset would be very tempting with the right unit and price.

This is what I'm doing, I'm buying weeks that I will always use vs trade and I'm getting rid of my units that I use only for trading and rarely stay there...I think this is a very good model as I near retirement because I want to keep my costs down...

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is what I'm doing, I'm buying weeks that I will always use vs trade and I'm getting rid of my units that I use only for trading and rarely stay there...I think this is a very good model as I near retirement because I want to keep my costs down...
Good to have at least one great trader to be able to have a little variety without giving up what you will use. My problem is I now have 4 great traders, granted I could use them too but know I probably won’t. Will probably find new homes for at least 2 this coming year. When my other half inherited his shore house with his brother my timeshare needs became different. Seems to never end. I get my portfolio where I think I am done and then life changes and so does my portfolio.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good to have at least one great trader to be able to have a little variety without giving up what you will use. My problem is I now have 4 great traders, granted I could use them too but know I probably won’t. Will probably find new homes for at least 2 this coming year. When my other half inherited his shore house with his brother my timeshare needs became different. Seems to never end. I get my portfolio where I think I am done and then life changes and so does my portfolio.

It is never ending thats for sure.... Congrats on your other half inheriting a shore house...Thats the best way to own a place on the water share the cost and the repairs... My parents did that, we owned s summer cottage on a large lake with my dads family and Once a year we would sit down and pick what weeks we wall wanted to use.

Since the holiday weeks were always the most popular, those that wanted that week put their name into the hat for a drawing that was it was fair...

Those were my best memories as a kid being at the summer cottage withe my cousins.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Just a suggestion, if you are going to buy in to Hyatt, I would do it sooner than later. Their ROFR department has recently moved, and I think there is a little chaos going on with the transition. Because of this, they have not been taking units through ROFR. Marriott will straighten things out with this department sooner than later and Marriott is known to use ROFR more liberally than Hyatt has over the last few years. I don't know what Marriott has planned for Hyatt, I could be wrong, but I believe that some time in the first quarter of 2019 Marriott will start exercising ROFR on Hyatt properties. Also, I believe that at some point Marriott may increase the resale transfer fee significantly. Yes, it will hurt resale value to existing owners, but Marriott only cares about their profit.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I have WM and see Hyatt’s all the time. The only ones I don’t see are Maui and Siesta Key.

Most common AZ, Texas, FL, CA and Tahoe. CO also outside ski season, but will see studios during ski season from time to time.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is never ending thats for sure.... Congrats on your other half inheriting a shore house...Thats the best way to own a place on the water share the cost and the repairs... My parents did that, we owned s summer cottage on a large lake with my dads family and Once a year we would sit down and pick what weeks we wall wanted to use.

Since the holiday weeks were always the most popular, those that wanted that week put their name into the hat for a drawing that was it was fair...

Those were my best memories as a kid being at the summer cottage withe my cousins.
I like the hat idea but that won’t happen. His brother lives close to it and uses it all the time. We can only use it a few weeks a year as we are very far away. His brothers family is usually there when we are.

My husband keeps it because he doesn’t want to rock the boat for his brother which I fully understand. He said his daughter will decide what to do with it when she inherits it. I would bet my life savings she will want out. Any way I do like going to the shore and get along great with his family, so I just come along for the ride and enjoy.