• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club wyndham access

Frannie H

Reaction score
Purchased 116,000 bonus points to use in 2yrs+84000 points per year @$15000. I have RCI and club wyndham plus benefits, please let me know if i made a mistake..interest rate 14.99%. Deal or no deal??

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchased 116,000 bonus points to use in 2yrs+84000 points per year @$15000. I have RCI and club wyndham plus benefits, please let me know if i made a mistake..interest rate 14.99%. Deal or no deal??
If you have to think about it, I would rescind. You can find the same deal resale for thousands less...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but in September of last year I bought 84,000 Wyndham points on eBay for $510 total. I used them in December for 8 nights, 3 at Patriot's Place in Virginia and 5 in Atlantic City.

So that's the fair market value of what you just bought. The 116,000 points are just temporary.

Please rescind this contract as soon as possible, and spend a lot of time reading here and asking questions. You will be much happier, and much wealthier as well!

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
This is a no brainer. Rescind, research the different timeshare systems on Tug, and then wait for the right one to come along on tug.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
To full analyze your purchase
Bonus points are worth about $5/1000 based on maintenance fees, so two years at 116,000= $1160.

As stated above, an 84,000 pt annual membership can be found for $500-1000 on eBay or Tug marketplace.

Total value is $1660 - $2160. Rescind now and save $13k.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!

NOW, save yourself thousands of dollars and rescind.

Start READING the Wyndham forum and ASK all the FREE QUESTIONS you can possible think of. I know we here on TUG, provide HONEST answers ... not to earn our sales commissions .. but to meet you at the Wyndham pools and compare vacation/travel notes.

If you don't rescind .. in this 1 time limited window of time .. you will be paying for years on a loan payment AND vacationing LESS with your family. Yes, I have brought THOUSANDS of resale points for chump change. I think I brought a 1,000,000 point deeded contract for $1,050. And have gotten other points and fixed week contracts for a $1.

Look in the Bargain Basement TUG section ... DON'T BUY because it is cheap ... buy for what the location and MFs are. Buying SMALL contracts will cost you $299 Transfer Fee for each to buy AND another $299 Transfer Fee to sell each. So buy WHAT you need, where you want/need ARP and buy for the long run. In other words, KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING FIRST before spending your money.

PS Rent or visit locations before buying. I brought for a location ONLY to walk into a PINK UNIT ... pink everything. Kitchen cabinets, rugs, drapes, walls, floor (ok, marve colored), bedspreads, etc. 1950s PINK. I cryed and had my 4 siblings & some spouses travelling with me. And the entire resort was PINK. The pictures on the website did NOT show how pink the place was .. just the beautiful views, palm trees, ocean, deep blue skies. The good side of this, the prior owners had paid about a $2000 special assessment per week and the next year, the place was totally redone & beautiful.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never buy something wortless on credit. You have bought a piece of real estate that it sole purpose is to provide a pleasurable experience. Terrible business model. The value is in the club which wyndham owns.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Cyprus Palms, Destin, Lakeridge, Orlando
As I am working to get out of my Club Wyndham Access contract (lawyers and such) because of fraudulent sales practices, I recommend buying from secondary market. I got to TUG too late and am learning a costly lesson about Wyndham. For previous 4 years, I had no problems with them. But last September, they sold CWA as having the benefits of:
1. Advanced Priority Reservations
2. Dedicated reservation line for members
3. Access to World Mark resorts with no extra charges.

Then, in January they made ‘improvements’ to their website, which makes it nearly impossible to find and make a reservation, the ‘dedicated line’ is the same line everyone uses and I got charged an exchange fee to use points for World Mark.

So, for the $65k I spent on 461k points and membership into CWA provides no real advantage to me and a huge monthly payment to Wyndham (in addition to maintenance fees).

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I am working to get out of my Club Wyndham Access contract (lawyers and such) because of fraudulent sales practices, I recommend buying from secondary market. I got to TUG too late and am learning a costly lesson about Wyndham. For previous 4 years, I had no problems with them. But last September, they sold CWA as having the benefits of:

Then, in January they made ‘improvements’ to their website, which makes it nearly impossible to find and make a reservation, the ‘dedicated line’ is the same line everyone uses and I got charged an exchange fee to use points for World Mark.

So, for the $65k I spent on 461k points and membership into CWA provides no real advantage to me and a huge monthly payment to Wyndham (in addition to maintenance fees).
I hope you have number 3 written in your contract. Otherwise good. luck with that.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge

That is such a sad story and certainly so true. They have tried for years to sell me CWA which I later found out that I had it for 5 years without knowing since it had the rules that I had understood to have since 1983. They kept telling me my only solution was CWA in order to not pay such high MF and put all of my deeds in one location (Nashville) which I almost did. My fees are about the same as CWA since i the last purchase was at GSL where the trust was connected to CWA until November 2017 and Voyager came into effect. You really can't trust sales.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
That is such a sad story and certainly so true. They have tried for years to sell me CWA which I later found out that I had it for 5 years without knowing since it had the rules that I had understood to have since 1983. They kept telling me my only solution was CWA in order to not pay such high MF and put all of my deeds in one location (Nashville) which I almost did. My fees are about the same as CWA since i the last purchase was at GSL where the trust was connected to CWA until November 2017 and Voyager came into effect. You really can't trust sales.

They sure do promote low MF as a big selling point for CWA.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
They sure do promote low MF as a big selling point for CWA.
Yes but many of you have pointed out how they add getting higher than most of ones they have purchased. It was just another ploy they use to sell.

Travelkat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased 77,000 points in CWA, off EBay, but now I am disappointed because it appears 77,000 points doesn't get me anything (I am looking for a 7 night stay). Can anyone tell me if I am missing anything or do I need to purchase more points?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
One time poster from Jan. :( I wish these folks would report back. Geesh. Hope he rescinded.

Time to close?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I just purchased 77,000 points in CWA, off EBay, but now I am disappointed because it appears 77,000 points doesn't get me anything (I am looking for a 7 night stay). Can anyone tell me if I am missing anything or do I need to purchase more points?

You are correct in thinking that 77,000 points won't get you much and will most likely want to purchase more points. However there are some resorts that have studios or one bedroom suites and sometimes even the one or two bedroom deluxe units that you can get with that amount of points. It will get you a week in one bedroom suite at Cypress Palms in Orlando in the high season weeks or a one bedroom deluxe in the value season weeks. At Star Island, also Orlando, a one bedroom suite in the value season weeks. Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach a one bedroom suite in the value season weeks. At Smoky Mountains in Tennessee it will get you a week in a one bedroom suite in high season or a one bedroom deluxe in value season. At Ocean Ridge on Edisto Island, SC it will get you a one bedoom, not deluxe, in value season or a two bedroom deluxe in the quiet season. At Palm-Aire in Pompano Beach it will get you a week in one bedroom deluxe in value season. You can get a one bedroom suite in prime season at Fairfield Glade in Tennessee and at Fairfield Bay in Arkansas and larger units in the other seasons. There are other resorts too but these are a few that come to mind.

Don't automatically reject those value season weeks, you can get some good stays with them. We started out in 2002 with 77,000 points and stayed at Cypress Palms over Martin Luther King week our first trip using our points. The one bedroom suite was fine for the two of us. There are a lot of good weeks in this resort's high season: 1-6, 8-10, 17-23, 34-36, 41-48. We had great weather too!

Travelkat

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct in thinking that 77,000 points won't get you much and will most likely want to purchase more points. However there are some resorts that have studios or one bedroom suites and sometimes even the one or two bedroom deluxe units that you can get with that amount of points. It will get you a week in one bedroom suite at Cypress Palms in Orlando in the high season weeks or a one bedroom deluxe in the value season weeks. At Star Island, also Orlando, a one bedroom suite in the value season weeks. Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach a one bedroom suite in the value season weeks. At Smoky Mountains in Tennessee it will get you a week in a one bedroom suite in high season or a one bedroom deluxe in value season. At Ocean Ridge on Edisto Island, SC it will get you a one bedoom, not deluxe, in value season or a two bedroom deluxe in the quiet season. At Palm-Aire in Pompano Beach it will get you a week in one bedroom deluxe in value season. You can get a one bedroom suite in prime season at Fairfield Glade in Tennessee and at Fairfield Bay in Arkansas and larger units in the other seasons. There are other resorts too but these are a few that come to mind.

Don't automatically reject those value season weeks, you can get some good stays with them. We started out in 2002 with 77,000 points and stayed at Cypress Palms over Martin Luther King week our first trip using our points. The one bedroom suite was fine for the two of us. There are a lot of good weeks in this resort's high season: 1-6, 8-10, 17-23, 34-36, 41-48. We had great weather too!

Travelkat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your detailed reply. I feel a lot better now, so I think I should buy more points, but feeling good about my purchase now. I was really concerned because I had convinced my sister to buy also, and she is a first time timeshare owner! The amount of points needed, in some places, seem to be high though when you consider the MF that you are charged for higher points. I had owned Worldmark for 20 plus years and found the amount of points needed, to be low, but I also felt their units were needing a lot of upgrading so I sold it and bought this CWA. Thank you again, I love Tug users!