• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Access

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also CWA has a much better power rating when trading into RCI than an average single UDI resort.
Please explain!

If I own CWA points (do you refer to Club Wyndham Access?) and deposit say 100K points from my account through the Wyndham portal to RCI, how are these points having a much better "power rating" than someone's deposit of 100K points obtained by resale?

I believe that in that process points are points. Where is the difference to be noted?

Please note that I am not a resale points owner and don't appreciate your name calling. There is no mention (I can find) of "Tiers" anywhere in the article you referenced.

Last edited:

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please explain!

If I own CWA points (do you refer to Club Wyndham Access?) and deposit say 100K points from my account through the Wyndham portal to RCI, how are these points having a much better "power rating" than someone's deposit of 100K points obtained by resale?

I believe that in that process points are points. Where is the difference to be noted?

Please note that I am not a resale points owner and don't appreciate your name calling. There is no mention (I can find) of "Tiers" anywhere in the article you referenced.

Cheryl,

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! This is a salesman spouting sales spin. When Wyndham points are deposited with RCI, Wyndham points are deposited with RCI. Period. End of story. It makes no difference whether they are resale, developer, CWA (Club Wyndham Access), or UDI (Undivided Interest). Nor does it matter at which Wyndham resort they are deeded. I have sat through many sales pitches where they suggested that it did matter, but it does not!! In fact, Wyndham specifically disallows owners from depositing a particular week or resort with RCI (fixed week owners being the exception). Sales will tell you it matters because they want to SELL you something. It doesn't matter.

If you haven't already, read the rest of the posts in this thread. I personally would not ask Joel to supply any additional "information" - or people who stumble on this thread might think it's actually true.

Last edited:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you haven't already, read the rest of the posts in this thread. I personally would not ask Joel to supply any additional "information" - or people who stumble on this thread might think it's actually true.

Well, I just think old Joely came stomping into our house with muddy shoes. He ought to have to explain what he said. Too bad he can't be held accountable for his lies here.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Cheryl,

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! This is a salesman spouting sales spin. When Wyndham points are deposited with RCI, Wyndham points are deposited with RCI. Period. End of story. It makes no difference whether they are resale, developer, CWA (Club Wyndham Access), or UDI (Undivided Interest). Nor does it matter at which Wyndham resort they are deeded. I have sat through many sales pitches where they suggested that it did matter, but it does not!! In fact, Wyndham specifically disallows owners from depositing a particular week or resort with RCI (fixed week owners being the exception). Sales will tell you it matters because they want to SELL you something. It doesn't matter.

Well said. One of the beauties of the Wyndham points system mis that a point is a point - how you bought it (resale/retail) any so called "status" (various shades of nearly worthless VIP makes no difference) or "tier" (the latest of the sales bunk) - have ZERO impact on use/trade value. A point is a point is a point.

Best not to confuse readers - heaven knows the sales weasels will handle that - and make it absolutely clear that a point is a point. End of story. If you believe anything else you've been duped.

rrlongwell

Reaction score

Moved to top of list to respond to a recent post pertaining to Club Wyndham Access. Suggest one of the moderators to combine the threads pertaining to Access.