• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Regency Marco Island advice

Lovetovacation2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying at Club Regency Marco Island at a bargain price. MF a little high at $1189. A bit unfamiliar how Hilton Grand Vacations work, although I've exchanged into other HGVC Properties through RCI. They say it is a float but has a deeded week associated with it? They state they use a flex form about 12-18 mo out with 1st,2nd,3rd choice and usually get what they want in April.

Questions:
1)Do you get priority for home resort flex weeks?
2) How is the availability within the HGVC system (if there is such a thing)? Is there additional fees for that outside the maintenance fee.
3) whats the exchange fee to go to home resort or outside home resort.

Wife is a school teacher and really limited in the times we can go, Easter & Christmas being the two main ones and June either side of a week we already own in Florida. We would enjoy this resort but are unsure how the float would actually work for us. I can see going there but going to other resorts if not available. Perhaps we should hold out for a fixed week we know will work for our schedule? Any advice is appreciated.

Also, if anyone owns at Club Regency I'd like to know if there are any HOA problems at the resort. I'd like to read the HOA Newsletter but I can't access as I am not an owner.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Those gulf resorts are fixed, float and flex. The fixed weeks will be the prime weeks. Float usually is in a specific season like gold and flex is everything else. I did some study on Charter Club but I can imagine Regency is similar. Call the office and ask to speak to the resale person. They emailed me lots of info on Charter.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Flex weeks that are high demand such as the weeks you need are always drawn by lottery. There are many more requesting then are available. You would be better off owning a fixed week. Unfortunately at a HGVC Marco Island Resort there will not be a bargain price.

There is a independent resort called Sunrise Bay Resort on Marco Island that is more modest, not as fancy as HGVC but actually my favorite, that you can get at a bargain price. I own there, at HGVC Eagles Nest and HGVC Surf Club. Sunrise also has lower maintenance fees in the 800’s. The only drawback are all units are one bedrooms that sleep 4 or 6 and it is bay front not beachfront. Feel free to private message me if you have any interest in Sunrise.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
Actually there are 3weeks currently available in the tug marketplace. Eagles nest for $2900, 2charter club for1800 and 2000

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Actually there are 3weeks currently available in the tug marketplace. Eagles nest for $2900, 2charter club for1800 and 2000
I didn’t look but if they are summer flex the price is too much.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was at Calini, I was surprised to see weeks going for only $3000.
Last year, weeks at Vanderbilt beach club were much higher, and even fixed weeks at little Sweden go for a lot more

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
While Club Regency is on the beach, very few of the units have actual water views. It's kind of hidden by the Marco Island Ocean Resort right next door (very nice hotel, condo).

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
While Club Regency is on the beach, very few of the units have actual water views. It's kind of hidden by the Marco Island Ocean Resort right next door (very nice hotel, condo).
Yes, we had no look at the water, and had to climb a lot of stairs

Lovetovacation2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply's! Update, looks like the Club Regency unit is a float gold season. The catch here is the unit is offered for free, I pay closing and transfer fees. Trying to nail down the actual float weeks at the resort. Worth 5000 HGVC points, so I imagine it won't trade into Easter or Christmas which are Platinum Seasons at 7000 points. Still, Maintenance Fee at $1189. If I don't get the week I wanted I'd be looking at joining HGVC points system for $399 and $183 annual fee. Then again, limited as I don't have the 7,000 points required by most resorts in a platinum season.

More questions,
1) Can someone clarify is there also a booking or exchange fee for the HGVC system?
2) Can someone speak to how is availability at other resorts in the system. Specifically Marco Island.
3) Once exchanged, does the resort assign you the "low floor in the back by the parking lot" room because you are not a "Owner" at the resort?

On the surface, seems like I would be better off paying a small price for a unit with at least 7,000 points and lower maintenance fee. Thoughts?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged, had a no view unit, but another exchanger had a great vuew. Club regency has one building facing the gulf and the other building us perpendicular to and behind it, the view is the garden with the pool across the way

Last edited: