• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Regency at Regency Towers

Rugzyschick

Reaction score
Do any of you tuggers actual own a week here at Club Regency at Regency Towers at Myrtle Beach? It has a lot of good reviews on travel sites. It's a perfect location for us (12hr drive, but where we want our home resort). The price is right through it's own sales/resales (which kind of makes me feel more comfortable buying thru them than off ebay or something). The MF's are good for the location $778 for 2BR and $992 for 3BR. They are deeded, fixed weeks and not affiliated with anywhere else, no point system. We are limited to only vacationing on Platinum time anyways and plan on going here (if we purchase here...planning on visiting here August 2018 and then will decide if its "the one") every other year and exchanging every other year to somewhere else (yes I know we will have to pay an exchange fee and exchange membership).
What I really would like to know though is how well exchanging my week would be. For example, if I buy a 3BR Platinum week (say week 32 which at CR is 8/12-8/19 2018 or 8/11 - 8/18 2019...we are looking to buy a timeshare between week 29-32) and then drop it into exchange thru RCI or II (believe they are affiliated with both...but if we go this route will probably go with II as they have lower membership and exchange fees....not sure if you guys have a preference between the 2 for destinations), but how likely am I to get an exchange right away to a "hot spot" (Hawaii, caribbean, flordia beach) during red week? We tend to plan our vacations at least a year in advance, and can plan accordinly even further out if needed. RCI has Club Regency as a Silver Crown and II has it as REN (Select Resort)....since this probably would be a big factor in exchanging. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals. :)