• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Closest timeshares to Hilton Hawaiian Village

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Have a large family vacation coming up at HHW. Some family members are joining last minute and/or have budget constraints so I am checking other options.

I know Ilikai is right next to the Hilton any others within walking distance.

Both Imperial Waikiki and Wyndham Royal show as 12-13 minute walk to HHW. Is one more convenient than the other in getting to the HHW?

Let me know if there are other timeshares that are close in proximity that I haven't listed.

TIA!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Imperial is less than a 12 minute walk. If you look at a map, it's right at the ocean end of Lewers St. Walk up Kalia Rd., and you're there. Cut beside the Outrigger to the beach and head along the paved sidewalk, and it leads right to HHV.

Dave

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk is beside the Imperial.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk is beside the Imperial.

Thanks good to know. I found availability for Wyndham Royal Gardens. Any idea on how convenient the walk is to HHW?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might also check out the Embassy Suites that’s across the street from Imperial-Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk on Lewers

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks good to know. I found availability for Wyndham Royal Gardens. Any idea on how convenient the walk is to HHW?
It’s farther away from the beach up by the canal. It would be walkable for most people

Edit- After looking at the map Wyndham Royal Garden is about the same walking distance as Imperial and Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk

Last edited:

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Waikiki Marina Resort is right next door to Hilton. There are apartments that also might work well for you.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is anybody in your party military? The Hale Koa hotel is right next to the HHV. It's a great facility, but you have to have credentials to book there.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It’s farther away from the beach up by the canal. It would be walkable for most people

Edit- After looking at the map Wyndham Royal Garden is about the same walking distance as Imperial and Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk

But there are several busy streets to cross, and the neighborhood isn't the best.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It occurs to me that you might want to review the Timeshare Map that is right here on Tug. The link is https://tug2.com/tsmaps/TimeshareMaps.html

Here's a screen capture to give you some ideas of what is around that area:

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.44.59 PM.png

You haven't said when this vacation is scheduled - given how far in advance Hawaii timeshares can book, you may not have any choice, and you may be locked into booking hotels. If that turns out to be the case, you might want to contact a hotel and ask if you can get a group rate for booking several rooms.

Dave

Last edited:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It occurs to me that you might want to review the Timeshare Map that is right here on Tug. The link is https://tug2.com/tsmaps/TimeshareMaps.html

Here's a screen capture to give you some ideas of what is around that area:

You haven't said when this vacation is scheduled - given how far in advance Hawaii timeshares can book, you may not have any choice, and you may be locked into booking hotels. If that turns out to be the case, you might want to contact a hotel and ask if you can get a group rate for booking several rooms.

Dave

Thanks! I didn't realize that map existed!! Vacation is next month, mid April. I have the HHW rooms all set, it's just that more people joined at the last minute and since I am the family coordinator of the vacation, I get tasked with finding the room within their budget (lucky me huh....) I just need one more unit now.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks! I didn't realize that map existed!! Vacation is next month, mid April. I have the HHW rooms all set, it's just that more people joined at the last minute and since I am the family coordinator of the vacation, I get tasked with finding the room within their budget (lucky me huh....) I just need one more unit now.

Next month? You've done well! Take note that Imperial rents rooms, too. https://imperialofwaikiki.com Not fancy, but convenient to everything. (I used to own there.)

Dave

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anybody in your party military? The Hale Koa hotel is right next to the HHV. It's a great facility, but you have to have credentials to book there.

Dave

Yes, my daughter is actually based in Oahu (lucky her!) but Hale Koa has no availability and is booked months in advance. Additional family just decided to join the fun a coupe of weeks ago.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Next month? You've done well! Take note that Imperial rents rooms, too. https://imperialofwaikiki.com Not fancy, but convenient to everything. (I used to own there.)

Dave

Oh no, I booked those HHW village units as soon as the 9 month period was open plus an owner exchange with another tugger :) Thanks for the tips, I've been looking at Hawaii timeshare exchange as well because they seem to have good availability of Imperial weeks. I managed to get my aunt a week there for this coming Easter break.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget, the Ilikai is part timeshare, part condo and part hotel. If you can't find a timeshare room, you might be able to book a condo or room.

Problem is the rooms via hotel are more than what they want to spend. I am also hoping to possibly use open season but I wont know until 30 days before check-in so I am trying to come up with a back-up plan.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Oh no, I booked those HHW village units as soon as the 9 month period was open plus an owner exchange with another tugger :) Thanks for the tips, I've been looking at Hawaii timeshare exchange as well because they seem to have good availability of Imperial weeks. I managed to get my aunt a week there for this coming Easter break.

HTSE has an office inside the Imperial. They have a "relationship." :)

Dave

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But there are several busy streets to cross, and the neighborhood isn't the best.

Dave

Is it safe to walk back from HHW late at night around 10-11 pm? It's 2 adults (not seniors) from Vegas and former New Yorkers with no mobility issues that will be walking.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to walk back from HHW late at night around 10-11 pm? It's 2 adults (not seniors) from Vegas and former New Yorkers with no mobility issues that will be walking.
We cross those busy streets multiple times a day when we are there. Just stayed over two weeks this year.
We have never felt unsafe taking walks at 10 or 11 at night either.
The busiest intersections stop all traffic when you cross or go diagonal across the street.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It's not that it isn't safe - stuff can happen anywhere. I'm just suggesting if you have the opportunity to stay closer to HHV than along the Ala Wai, I think it would be a better idea. I've stayed all over the area, and I always felt better being closer to the beach. Given the choice of staying on the beach side of Kalakaua, I'd opt for that. That's all.

Dave

Kapolei

Reaction score
Don’t forget to keep checking TUG Bargain deals. I stayed in a one bedroom in Lagoon tower through a TUG member’s post.

Also, as mentioned HTSE might have second tier Waikiki. (generic login is htse,htse)

Kapolei

Reaction score

Obviously, you know nothing good happens on the streets at 2:00 a.m.
Even if you are out late, you probably know how to use the regular big city awareness of your surroundings (like crossing the street before encountering a gang of drunks). Most problems that tourists encounter with locals involve an intoxication component. Drugs, alcohol, testosterone, boredom... you know the mix.