• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas Mountain Village UDI Wisconsin Dells

Status
Not open for further replies.

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
I am curious about the SA as well since I'm considering a purchase.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
What amount had they posted back then? I can't remember. Was it $3k/UDI? If so, $1800 is certainly much more palatable. In either case, I'll certainly get my money's worth. ;)

no, they quoted a higher prie than 3k, I think we will get hit close to 3k.

lindner

TUG Member
Reaction score
The buzz on the Yahoo CMV UDI site guesses at a $3000 original estimate, likely to be cut to something like $2000, probably split over several years. The numbers are still being worked out and it may be a while before the assessment begins.

Also, rumor has it on that same site that another special assessment may be levied to handle a major repair of the sewage system, although this would be a much smaller assessment.

Finally, the housekeeping fee for each reservation is also slated to rise to $65.

All told, a lot of increases in the near future which many CMV owners are not aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more CMV UDI resales show up on the market.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
the sewer work is sceduled to cost 500,000 and will likely be more.

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally, the housekeeping fee for each reservation is also slated to rise to $65.

This has already started. I made three reservations on Friday and was charged $65/each.

lindner

TUG Member
Reaction score
the sewer work is sceduled to cost 500,000 and will likely be more.

But I heard it will also be distributed among some of the homeowners who use the same sewer system. I imagine it will also be distributed among all the strict points owners at CMV (i.e., not all CMV units are UDIs). When this diluted amount (after homes, after strict points owners) is divided among all the hundreds of UDI owners, I would guess we are looking at a special assessment of a couple hundred or less (and it may even be covered by reserves).

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The buzz on the Yahoo CMV UDI site guesses at a $3000 original estimate, likely to be cut to something like $2000, probably split over several years. The numbers are still being worked out and it may be a while before the assessment begins.

Also, rumor has it on that same site that another special assessment may be levied to handle a major repair of the sewage system, although this would be a much smaller assessment.

All told, a lot of increases in the near future which many CMV owners are not aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more CMV UDI resales show up on the market.

IMHO mostly CMV Cottage UDI's and just a very few if any Oak UDI CMV Oak Timbers with Free Golf and Ski lift tickets will be tried to be turned into the HOA's and given away just for the BG transfer fees.

Even though the CMV Cottage UDI and CMV UDI Oak Timbers reserve reservation ion the same manner IMHO based on 12 years of UDI ownership and 9 years of owning both Cottages and Oak Timbers the CMV UDI Oak Timbers has many ownership VALUE advantages over the Cottages in areas of exchanging and rentals.

Bruce:D

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
re: sewer assessment

I missed the homeowner meeting because my mother is in the hospital, but my neighbors say the homeowners get 20 per cent of the bill, that includes vacant lots, which they make pay the sewer fee too. I do not think timeshare owners will get a special assessment, it will be spread out among many owners. The newspaper ran an article stating that bluegreen lobbied the sanitary board to not hire a local company to do the work, but to hire out of state. the board refused.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

I paid $65 from June 18th. Does anyone know when the house keeping fee was changed to $65?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy a UDI Timbers, how can you be sure it comes with free golf and skiing. what document do you check, and who can you check with?

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pat as you know one group not to check with FOR TRUTHFUL FACTS with is the the sales group or a certain former CMV manager

Both golf and ski privileges did transfer as the email From: Bluegreen Customer Service
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:19 PM
shown towards the bottom of this post shows that fact.

Jimmy Ho at that time was a BG employee and Diann who works for Pinnacle and does a nice job.

Seeing that it was a "Blended Oak Timbers UDI " with 9,000 attached BG Points and not a "Pure UDI Oak Timbers" the BG vacation Club has more say so over those Blended Oak Timbers UDI's as than they would "Pure UDI Oak Timbers" as the owner does not get a deed like a "Pure UDI Oak Timbers" would and are covered by BG rules.

They would get a BG Club " Certificate of Beneficial Ownership" stating it is a Christmas Mountain Timber with a assigned unit and week numbers.

When I asked BG to provide proof of what that former manager said to Pinnacle they could not supply that info and I would have to obtain it by going the Sauk County courthouse.

So I when to the Sauk County Court house in about March of 2010 the the head man there Brent Bailey was so very helpful and personally helped me and pointed out info about the Timbers Docs and no changes had been for at least 10 years and with no changes to the golf and ski privileges. I think I spent about $50 for print outs of some of the docs to take home with me.

So the ex CMV manager and the CMV sales mob were 100% wrong and provided incorrect info that could have screwed up our sale.

Just like the inflated figures they had on the CMV website for the renovations on April 1, 2011 that also has turned out to be grossly incorrect info supplied by BG and CMV which has IMHO some to panic and bail because they took as that propaganda to help sell BG at the expense of deeded UDI owners and other deeded owners.

All of my UDI Oak Timbers Cards for the NEW maintenance fee year good to May 31, 2013 have the same golf and ski privileges as the ones good through May 31, 2012.
Bruce :D

Read the emails below in reserve order that showed those prilivages did transfer.

> Cc: "Judy & Bruce Czajkowski" <judybruce@wi.rr.com>
> Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 12:44 PM
> Subject: FW: INQUIRY from the CMV Website: General Inquiry
>
>
>> Hello Alfred, (Bruces customer so I took the liberty deleted his name for his privacy)>>
>> With this information now confirmed would you like me to prepare the
>> purchase documents?
>>
>> Diann
>>
>> Diann Lee
>> Administrative Manager
>> P: 800.485.5632 ext. 9
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Bluegreen Customer Service
>> Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:19 PM
>> To:
>> Cc: Diann (Hodges) Lee-Pinnacle Vacations
>> Subject: RE: INQUIRY from the CMV Website: General Inquiry
>>
>> Dear Mr. ,
>>
>> Thank you for contacting Bluegreen Corporation.
>>
>> This message is to confirm that upon transfer of ownership, you will be
>> issued the Timbers at Christmas Mountain Village owner card along with
>> the Bluegreen Vacation Club VIP owner card. The Timbers owner card does
>> entitle you to the free greens fees and lift tickets as referenced in
>> your email.
>>
>> If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
>> contact us again.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Jimmy Ho
>> Owner Communications
>>

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy a UDI Timbers, how can you be sure it comes with free golf and skiing. what document do you check, and who can you check with?

Pat, seeing we have only golfed about 2 or 3 times at CMV and do not ski that was not the main reason we bought the Oak Timbers.

Some reasons are that they are one of about 25% of the condo units at CMV that has a screened porch and their own private grilles and we like the location of the Timbers condos.

We like the gas Fireplaces instead of the hassles and dust and dirt of the wood fireplaces. All 3 of our homes fireplaces are now gas as we coverted the one former wood fireplace to gas. In fact this spring we paid about $3,500 to have that chimmey redone.

They at one time after the indoor pool burnt down were Rated by RCI as Gold Grown higher which higher than the Cottages that were at Silver Crown at that time.

The same week in a Timbers will trade better than the same week in a Cottage with II because of the second bathroom.

That second bathroom and the other amenities of our Oak Timbers plus that thee are only 17 of them make then easier to rent at higher rents than our Cottages which have far more people putting up units for rent.

I would guess at least 10 times more Cottages are for rent as most Oak Timbers owners use their unit for golf and skiing and not rentals.

With our Timbers we pick the weeks and can exchange with 6 or so exchange companies and not limited to one or two like some points clubs are and some of them pick the week that they will bank for you.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks bruce, would want for the golf privileges

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Christmas Mountain HOA Inventory

Just an update, the Special Assessment has been determined and the total SA for a UDI will be 3096, it will be assessed over 3 years, so 1032 each year for 3 years.
The HOA still has UDI inventory, so if you know anyone that would like a UDI at Christmas Mountain Village please contact me.
Thanks

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I was looking at doing, using most for personal use, and booking some to exchange.

The ad I looked mentioned the last special assessment was very low (I think it said $80), and that there 'may' be more assessments - it did NOT mention there will certainly be more special assessments, nor how significant the amounts are estimated (by the resort) to be (even 3 X $1,800 = $5,400), a pretty big piece of info to leave out, especially since it has been on the resort website for months!

Three Cheers for TUG!

Dave

You first only quoted part of the ad. You also posted in your post #9 in this string that the Special Accessment cost would be $7,200.
which is almost off by 300%.

Well Dave you should have been more careful in verifying your Special Accessess Information as you were SO, SO WRONG in your personal attack of me as you were off by HUGE 217%% on the Oak Timber Special assessment cost if you check this
link http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178884 on the Special assessment for the UDI Timbers.

The Oak Timber Special assessment was NOT the $5,400 that you said it was and you said I lied in my ads in covering up that unrealistic $5,400 you said was correct and that you accused me of covering up the resorts sales pitch you got suckered into believing the Red Herring of a $5,400 cost that you posted was the truth and proved to be UNTRUTHFUL . So now your creditably is almost non existent in regards to your being off by over 200% in regards to the untruthful statement of that $5,400 cost? Do you have a big enough towel to wipe off all of the egg off of your face?

The Oak Timbers UDI Oak Timbers Special Assessment budget will be $2,485 or $828 per year for 3 years with no interest. not $5,400 that you stated as fact when you falsely accused me of foolishly trying to cover up a $5,400 cost. So you were off on 2 facts. On the Special Assessment budget you were off by $2,915 which shows your lack of creditably and the basis of your personal attack of me.

For you info there were over the last 4 years many Special assessment figures floated by BG management and I was not as gullible as you seem to be to believe the inflated red herring of $5,400 or the low of $900 so I posted neither figure because I had no proof and would not risk my reputation . But you were and then accused me of being misleading. You and the sales team at CMV were PROVEN guiltily of being misleading in quoting a $5,400 specal accessment.

You fell for the Red Herring the sales department IMHO had posted on the CMV website of $5,100. If you are now a member of the UDI yahoo group and if you go back to the March and April 2011 posts you will see among my posts that at time I posted I though the $5,100 was Red Herring the sales department. I was not duped like you apparently were.

So by your $5,400 and $7,200 red herring figures says a lot about you and your EARNED lack of creditability unwarranted personal attack on me on the in using unthruthfull figures.

Bruce

Last edited:

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
So wound like the giveaways are all Cottage UDIs. What are the MF on that.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
From the TUG Posting Rules:

Be Courteous
As we read and respond to others, disagreements are inevitable. Differing points of view are welcomed, and indeed the bbs would be a dull place without them. All users are expected and required to express their disagreements civilly. Refrain from name calling and behavior lectures. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and repeated offenses could get you banned from the bbs. Lively discussion is what the board is all about, but that is no excuse for boorish behavior or bad manners. We are assumed to all be adults. If you don't like a particular thread, stop reading it!

I am putting this thread out of its misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.