• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas Mountain Village UDI Wisconsin Dells

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing lots of Cottage weeks available on RCI, and the deposit calculator works for them, too. The Resort listing is 1115-Christmas Mountain Village.

RCI offers decent points for summer weeks, and the resort is rated as 3.5 stars out of 5, so I don't see why RCI would drop them.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
By the way, we were up at Christmas Mountain this weekend and I went through BlueGreen's little sales presentation. They were trying to get me to buy into their points program. One of the salespeople told me that due to a lawsuit against RCI, they are going to stop honoring exchanges for all of the weeks we recieve as UDI owners. He said that since our deed is only for 3 weeks per year we will only be able to bank 3 weeks per year with RCI going forward....
Well, I haven't heard anything about this. Is the "lawsuit against RCI" a reference to the new "Points Lite" system? I don't see why that would stop RCI from accepting CMV weeks. They would just drop the points value if they thought they were receiving too many.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't heard anything about this. Is the "lawsuit against RCI" a reference to the new "Points Lite" system? I don't see why that would stop RCI from accepting CMV weeks. They would just drop the points value if they thought they were receiving too many.

Judy I was quoting a friend and I should put quote and unquote on that part. I just did the quote and unquote to avoid any confusion.

That being said we deeded owners due not have the many resrictions on our deeded weeks used for
exchanges like the BG Poiunts owners do.

Bruce:D

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have talked to Bruce on the phone many times, including today, and I have always found his information to be straightforward, and he has warned me of possible special assessments at CMV. These are valuable ownerships and worthy of consideration, even with the upcoming SA's.

Timbers seems a little nicer, but you cannot beat FREE Cottages, even if there are some SA's to come.

As I said, though, Bruce has talked to me many times about the UDI's, as I have always been curious, and he tells the good and the bad. He doesn't lie to get me to buy one. That's not who he is. Nice guy, that Bruce.

h100

Reaction score
Cmv Rci

You are all pretty nice, but there was no need for Bruce to accuse the new guy (me) of being a BG Point Salesman ("You sound like a BG Salesman with your incorrect facts" - LOL, with the little I know I would make a poor salesman).

My 'incorrect facts' were actually just a question I asked to get an answer, not a statement of fact.

After reading some more posts, I see Bruce is quite heavily invested in CMV, and is understandably touchy, but still. I am mostly looking as a user, but would like to trade into RCI sometime.

My question about CMV and RCI was whether it is just the Timbers that is trades with RCI (3662), or whether the Cottages (1115) do, too.

I asked this because the link to the RCI Resort Directory shows only the Timbers (see link at the bottom). I also asked because of what I read on TUG (I'll search and find that in a minute).

Link to RCI Resort Directory:

http://www.rci.com/RCI/prelogin/rdM...ount=8&dimName=City&dimXMLId=13439&client=RCI

Dave

h100

Reaction score
CMV and RCI

OK, the other post I saw on this was not on TUG, it was on TS4MS.

It said:

RCI #1115 lost silver crown rating
I just talked to RCI and was told that Christmas Mountain (1115) lost the Silver Crown rating and currently have no designation.

Next post was:

Yikes! Any one have any idea what that means to our trading power with CMV cottages and RCI?

Then Bruce (who seems to be everywhere) explained:

RCI Points if deposted 90 days or more before check in dates. For CMV RCI's resort number 1115 (for the Cottages, Cabins and Villas) are now Red 36,000 RCI Points down from 43,500 RCI Points and White now worth 24,000 RCI PointsT down from 28,500 RCI Points.
for Blue I did not ask as I do not deposit them.
It means about a decrease of about 18% to 20% in RCI Points awarded.

Our Timbers I was told by 2 RCI Guides still has its Silver crown rating for
2010 so those points awarded stay the same. RCI Points if deposted 90 days or more before check in dates. For CMV RCI's resort number 3662 (Oak Timbers, Deluxe Timbersand Townhouse Timbers) are still Red 43,500 RCI Points and White 28,500 RCI Points. For Blue I did not ask as I do not deposit them but I think they were and still are 16,000 RCI Points or 16,500 RCI Points.

I didn't understand his explanation.

I then went to the RCI link I provided above, saw Timbers but not the 1115, and hence asked the question is 1115 still with RCI, and if so, why is it not on the RCI Resort Directory?

I'm just trying to determine if I should go for a cabin - I like the MFs, I can live with the special assessments (especially if they do a good job, it looks like they will) and the way you can have 3 (or 4?) intervals, but I also want something so I have at least the possibility of RCI.

Thanks again to all, now I'll shut my trap and read :) !

Dave

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at several different ads for Christmas Mountain UDIs (I am a newbie, own no timeshares, but am looking in WI).

Each UDI ad states you can have reserved 3-4 different weeks (intervals?) at a time, per year, and still pay one MF.

My question is would a UDI such as this be considered to be a 3-4 interval UDI, or just a 1 interval UDI? I ask because I see the coming special assessments will be based on number of intervals owned.

From the CMV website: "How much is the assessment fee going to be?
The total cost has yet to be finalized as final scope, phasing and bidding is still underway. However, based on the current scope of planned renovations we are anticipating a cost in the range of $1700 to $1800 PER INTERVAL which will be set up on payment plans based on the duration of the project."

$1,800 X 4 - $7,200! I hope it would be considered one interval per UDI, but I am have my doubts. Any comments?

Thanks!

Dave

That $7,200 amount is about:rofl: two times the amount for posted the Cottages on the Bluegreen resort CMV website. Don't let facts get in the way of your:confused: story on the Cottage UDI's being given away. After all you quoted some info from that website. But you choose to only quote a protion of my ad in a missleading way to fit your unknown agenda.

Bruce

Last edited:

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
CMV has to different properties in the RCI system.
# 1115 Christmas Mountain Village
#3662 Timbers at CMV

The cottages are in the 1115 system, I deposited 5 UDI weeks in the last couple of weeks, so they have not limited it. I dont know how they can, that is crazy.

There were 92 cottages that were sold as UDI cottages, some of those weeks are in the BG points system, but everything else is left in a pool of weeks, you dont own a certain week, the way it was deeded is ie.
169/1
169/2 etc all the way up to 169/17
It was unit 169 and one of the 17 owners for each cottage

The inventory is in a pool of inventory and you are able to choose a week and any unit that is available in the UDI inventory. There are some 2 bath units but they are rarely available as some owners book far in the future.

There are Fri or Sat check ins. If you are depositing into RCI they must check in the day of the week that that particular unit is assigned.
You are allowed to check in anyday of the week up to 7 days if you are booking and not using for exchange.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
h100, are you saying you are a newbie and don't get what those numbers are? Those numbers are how many points you get in RCI Points for a deposit of any generic resort in that area of silver and then non-crown status.

You have to know RCI Points to know what Bruce is talking about.

Yes, Bruce is a member of both forums, as are a lot of people here on TUG. And whenever I post this smiley face, :D I think of Bruce. Every single time. It is Bruce.

h100

Reaction score
Amounts for Bruce

The $1,700-$1800 special assessment amount (multiply it by 3 if UDI at CMV) is for the Timbers you are trying to sell. Total estimated special assessment is $6,100-$6,400.

It is an estimated $1,200-$1,300 special assessment (multiply by 3 if UDI at CMV) for the Cottages. Total special assessment is $3,600 to $3,900.

These are from the CMV Resort website, and yes, they are not set in stone, but there is currently no better source than the anticipated amount from the ones setting the fee.

I think it is a good deal for the 'free' cabins (I just view the special assessment as the purchase price). Not so much so if you spend thousands to buy, and then thousands for the special assessment.

Need to Travel: Thank you for the extra info, I'm strongly considering buying one.

Dave

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
OK, the other post I saw on this was not on TUG, it was on TS4MS.

It said:

RCI #1115 lost silver crown rating
I just talked to RCI and was told that Christmas Mountain (1115) lost the Silver Crown rating and currently have no designation.

Next post was:

Yikes! Any one have any idea what that means to our trading power with CMV cottages and RCI?

Then Bruce (who seems to be everywhere) explained:

RCI Points if deposted 90 days or more before check in dates. For CMV RCI's resort number 1115 (for the Cottages, Cabins and Villas) are now Red 36,000 RCI Points down from 43,500 RCI Points and White now worth 24,000 RCI PointsT down from 28,500 RCI Points.
for Blue I did not ask as I do not deposit them.
It means about a decrease of about 18% to 20% in RCI Points awarded.

Our Timbers I was told by 2 RCI Guides still has its Silver crown rating for
2010 so those points awarded stay the same. RCI Points if deposted 90 days or more before check in dates. For CMV RCI's resort number 3662 (Oak Timbers, Deluxe Timbersand Townhouse Timbers) are still Red 43,500 RCI Points and White 28,500 RCI Points. For Blue I did not ask as I do not deposit them but I think they were and still are 16,000 RCI Points or 16,500 RCI Points.

I didn't understand his explanation.

I then went to the RCI link I provided above, saw Timbers but not the 1115, and hence asked the question is 1115 still with RCI, and if so, why is it not on the RCI Resort Directory?

I'm just trying to determine if I should go for a cabin - I like the MFs, I can live with the special assessments (especially if they do a good job, it looks like they will) and the way you can have 3 (or 4?) intervals, but I also want something so I have at least the possibility of RCI.

Thanks again to all, now I'll shut my trap and read :) !

Dave

I read that thread on TS4M and did not read it at all to mean what you are thinking. Here's the thread in case anyones interested.
http://www.timeshareforums.com/foru...101463-rci-1115-lost-silver-crown-rating.html

Losing the Silver designation does not mean that RCI is not accepting these units anymore. It just means it lost it's silver designation meaning that the trading power loses some points but RCI is still accepting them, just for less points. This will likely change after the assessment is paid the the refurbishment done, but even if it doesn't change it still gets some pretty decent points for the MF's paid.

BTW these units also trade in Interval Int'l, DAE and Platinum Interchange so you've got options if RCI ever decides they don't want them which I highly doubt will be the case given their history as money makers for RCI. ;)

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $1,700-$1800 special assessment amount (multiply it by 3 if UDI at CMV) is for the Timbers you are trying to sell. Total estimated special assessment is $6,100-$6,400.

It is an estimated $1,200-$1,300 special assessment (multiply by 3 if UDI at CMV) for the Cottages. Total special assessment is $3,600 to $3,900.

These are from the CMV Resort website, and yes, they are not set in stone, but there is currently no better source than the anticipated amount from the ones setting the fee.

I think it is a good deal for the 'free' cabins (I just view the special assessment as the purchase price). Not so much so if you spend thousands to buy, and then thousands for the special assessment.

Need to Travel: Thank you for the extra info, I'm strongly considering buying one.

Dave

If you belive everthing posted on a timeshare DELEVEOPERS WEBSITE by the DELEVEOPER you might want to keep away from owner updates.

$1,700 x 3 = $5,100 not :rofl: $6,100 or :hysterical: $6,400. You are still wrong in your math, but again why lets facts get in the way of your spin attemps.

You are not really buying one but IMHO grab it and if you do not understand what you are getting after reading several of my ads with all of that with all that info read them again and the info on this string. Or call me

Seeing I mostly have Oak Timbers you will not be in competing with me for reservations.

But It is apparent to all even though I posted very correct info in my ad regarding a posable Special assessment for a unknown amount you didn't ask the OP about why there was no mention in the OP post # 1 about a possible Special assessment?

Please explain why you did not comment on that info not being in the OP # 1 posting but came after me by only quoting part of my ad ? Did that not fit your agenda?

They are CMV UDI Cottages and not CMV UDI Cabins as there are no CMV UDI Cabins.

Bruce :rofl:

Last edited:

h100

Reaction score
Chriskre

Thanks for the explanation! Makes me feel better, especially knowing it exchanges with others - but would I have to belong to II, DAE or Platinum Advantage (never heard of the last two) in order to exchange/trade?

I was hoping just to purchase one of the UDI cottages and be able to trade/exchange sometimes.

I still have not heard why 1115 is not on the RCI Resort Directory link I provided.

Thanks!

Dave

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation! Makes me feel better, especially knowing it exchanges with others - but would I have to belong to II, DAE or Platinum Advantage (never heard of the last two) in order to exchange/trade?

I was hoping just to purchase one of the UDI cottages and be able to trade/exchange sometimes.

I still have not heard why 1115 is not on the RCI Resort Directory link I provided.

Thanks!

Dave

Click on your link and there are 8 resorts that show up including 1115 CMV.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
This Unique Timeshare UDI ownership is being given away from excess inventory in the Homeowners Association (HOA), I am on the Board of Directors and helping this inventory to go to new owners.

This type of ownership is no longer sold at the resort. I personally own 14 deeds of this type, this type of ownership is far superior to any other timeshare ownership.

This ownership allows you to book 4 reservations at any one time at Christmas Mountain Village Resort in Wisconsin Dells in the cottage units.
•1 reservation can be reserved up to1 year in the highest demand week "red" season
•2 reservations can be booked in the white or blue season
•1 reservation can be booked 45 days from check in.based on availability

Each one of these reservations can be for up to 7 days. You may book fewer days if you like, but it does count as one of your 4 reservations. Once any reservation date is reached you can then reserve another reservation that can be booked for up to 7 full nights. There is a $55 housekeeping fee per
reservation that is used, not based on the number of nights. The $55 housekeeping fee is charged when someone checks into the unit at the resort.

UDI owners do not pay reservation cancellation fees. The resort has a 2 night minimum stay, but as long as you are willing to pay the $55 housekeeping fee there is no problem to stay one night and check out.

You may easily reserve 10 weeks per year with this ownership. Again this is based on current availability.

This resort is affiliated with both RCI and Interval International exchange companies. You may deposit into either company. My family has exchanged into Disney, Marriott, Hilton Head, SC, Aruba, St Thomas, USVI and many other destinations using this ownership. It is the best type of ownership available if you want to stay in timeshare resorts at a very reasonable rate.

When I exchange through the exchange companies I can put in one or two white weeks and get a very nice vacation for less than $300 for a week. I do rent out my high demand Red weeks to cover my maintenance fees.

You will be responsible for maintenance fees that were due June 1, 2011, the fee is 923.43 for fiscal year June 1, 2011 - May 31, 2012 .

Please feel free to call with any questions,

763-559-9686 please leave a message if I'm not there.

Closing costs are $250

But It is apparent to all even though I posted very correct info in my ad regarding a posable Special assessment for a unknown amount you didn't ask the OP about why there was no mention in the OP post # 1 about a possible Special assessment?

Please explain why you did not comment and harrass the OP on that info not being in the OP's # 1 posting but came:( after me by only quoting part of my ad ? Did that not fit your agenda?

Bruce :D

h100

Reaction score
Answer for Bruce

Bruce wrote:

"But It is apparent to all even though I posted very correct info in my ad regarding a posable Special assessment for a unknown amount you didn't ask the OP about why there was no mention in the OP post # 1 about a possible Special assessment? Please explain why you did not comment and harrass the OP on that info not being in the OP's # 1 posting but came after me by only quoting part of my ad ? Did that not fit your agenda?"

Answer:

OP #1 posted in 2006, five years ago. He didn't know at that time that a HUGE special assessment was coming. He provided the info immediately when the old post was revived.

You have a current ad on eBay that is incredibly long (record setting material in its length), and talks at the end of how you paid $80 last year for your special assessment, and how there 'may' be an increase again.

Now that you know the resort itself is estimating the special assessment on your unit will be $5,100 to $5,400, I'm sure you will immediately amend your eBay ad to reflect such (you have already amended the ad once, and you seem to be a full disclosure guy, not the type to post information that while 'accurate' is also incomplete).

As far as harassing, a guy asks a legitimate question and gets accused of being an undercover BG point salesman - sounds a bit paranoid, you may need to relax and take more vacations, what timeshares should be for, and focus on renting for profit a bit less.

Thanks!

Dave

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, I just purchased a UDI this winter before the giveaway.:(
It works like everyone is saying, you can deposit it in RCI, and you get a good amount of TPUS when you do.
If they were giving away the Timbers, i would grab them as we do play golf and pay a lot of fees.
If you are buying to use, you would like the timbers units more, they are bigger and have two bathrooms.
We are all holding our breath about the special assessment and if it worries you, wait a month before you do anything.
I have two gold crown weeks on Lake of the Ozarks Missioui that I am thinking of selling cheap as i get all the time I need from t he UDI. there are lots of deals out there.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quoted wrong posting. Number 44 was what was to be posted.

Bruce

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce wrote:

"But It is apparent to all even though I posted very correct info in my ad regarding a posable Special assessment for a unknown amount you didn't ask the OP about why there was no mention in the OP post # 1 about a possible Special assessment? Please explain why you did not comment and harrass the OP on that info not being in the OP's # 1 posting but came after me by only quoting part of my ad ? Did that not fit your agenda?"

Answer:

OP #1 posted in 2006, five years ago. He didn't know at that time that a HUGE special assessment was coming. He provided the info immediately when the old post was revived.

You have a current ad on eBay that is incredibly long (record setting material in its length), and talks at the end of how you paid $80 last year for your special assessment, and how there 'may' be an increase again.

Now that you know the resort itself is estimating the special assessment on your unit will be $5,100 to $5,400, I'm sure you will immediately amend your eBay ad to reflect such (you have already amended the ad once, and you seem to be a full disclosure guy, not the type to post information that while 'accurate' is also incomplete).

As far as harassing, a guy asks a legitimate question and gets accused of being an undercover BG point salesman - sounds a bit paranoid, you may need to relax and take more vacations, what timeshares should be for, and focus on renting for profit a bit less.

Thanks!

Dave

Your sure screw up on facts the OP joined Tug 5 years ago on BBS Reg. Date so again you are so far wrong on CLEAR FACTS it is sad. She Joined Tug Dec 11, 06 and did not start this string put again those simple facts would not fit your agenda,

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 11, 06

Note the posting date in the header:hysterical: :rofl: It is not 5 years ago as you again flasely claimed but as shown in this header of that OP posting #1 was made on August 12, 2011, 11:10 AM #1 Again, you are wrong.

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 11, 06

Resorts: CMV and Timbers @ CMV Paniolo Greens Sheraton Vistana Villages Peregrine Townhomes Christmas Mountain Village UDI Wisconsin Dells

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is Sheri's Full post # 14 update in regards to Special asseesment costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip
How many of these are availible?

Quoting Sheri on her post number 16 on this string
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
" There are now 13 available. We had 20.
Re: the special assessment. We hope to know more after our Sept 7th meeting, at that time the BOD will be looking over a bid package that was sent out to potential contractors and will hopefully give us solid numbers. After the BOD comes together the update options are suppose to be sent to the owners for a vote. I hope we can come up with a reasonable solution for all owners.

Also my desire is not to have the assessment over 1000.00 per interval, I believe that amount is more than enough to cover the remodel. My goal is to have it much less but I'm only one voice.
It all depends upon if the owners want a update or a remode and how these bid packages come backl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Need to Travel : August 13, 2011 at 02:06 PM. Unquote
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you not really understand what she posted? Or are you saying she is wrong and you are correct on costs? Thats interesting looking at
your post above you could not even understand between a join date and a posting date. Of course your math mistakes and complaining that you could not understand my simple explaination on RCI Point values.

The same thing for your post about my ad. The person at Bluegreen you can call is David DeShaw at Bluegreen Corperate here is the email I have for him at his office. David.DeShaw@bluegreencorp.com Let us know that his reply to you is .

I think if ask a knowlegdeable CMV UDI owner that had attended the 2011 CMV meeting and had access as a CMV UDI yahoo member you would know just how far you are wrong in taking as the truth aNY DELEVELOPERS posting ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE that they have 100% controll over all content posted.

But your insistanace on your numbers and posting factual mistakes makes you sound like a BG salesperson shill.

Pat could tell you the interesting history she knows of how the Oak Timbers came to be through RDI.

Bruce:rofl:

Last edited:

h100

Reaction score
Rapmarks

Good advice. The unit size gives me pause - family of four, two young boys that get bigger by the day!

I just had a Glacier Canyon fall through (Wyndmark), so now I'm looking again.

It seems there are not a lot of resorts in or around WI that make good home resorts for us (CM has good activities, skiing and the Dells nearby, can use in summer and winter, and GC has its own waterparks).

Again, very happy for all the knowledge on TUG!

Oh, and Bruce, sorry again, I did mix up the registration date and the post date of the OP.

Thanks!

Dave

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave,

This is a very flexible ownership. It's probably more complicated than most newbie timeshare owners could handle. Not that you couldn't learn but it's kinda like taking a Physics course when you're still in grade school. :doh:

To get the most maximum benefit of this unit you will want to be familiar with all the ways you can benefit from owning this unit. You'll want to understand a little about RCI Points, TPU's, II trading and renting out your own units.:)

Bruce and Sheri have mastered these tasks and have alot to share about how to use this. I suggest you call Sheri so she can explain it more clearly and you can decide if this is something you want to undertake at this point in your timeshare career.

This is a great value even with the coming assessment if you plan on taking lots of vacations for the coming years. I'm actually giving away some of my current ownerships in anticipation of this unit because I know that it can give me more points than I can probably ever use. It's almost like a points ATM machine. You pay your initial MF of $950 and then anytime you need points just make a reservation and pay $55 housekeeping fees and you get a week to deposit to the exchange company of your choice or you can rent it out as well.

As for the alternate exchange companies besides RCI, Interval International is a large exchange company as well. In II a 2 bedroom will trade for another 2 bedroom. From what I understand you can pull some nice properties like Marriotts with this ownership. Might not be at peak season but I think that trading for a 2 bedroom Marriott in Orlando is a nice exchange for a week in this area.

Platinum Interchange is also a free exchange company where you only pay when you do the exchange and they will find you what you want. There is no trade power in PI, just like for like, so a 2 bedroom will pull any other 2 bedroom in their system. Again a nice option and I know people who have done very well with this company lately. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

DAElive is also a free exchange company. They have more European inventory because they are a UK company but I've gotten some things from them and hope to do more with them in the future.

If you have any specific questions, shoot me a Private Message (PM), I'd be happy to try and answer if I know the answer. :D

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
But maybe it is now time to update your ad since the resort that is charging the special assessment has now stated what they feel it will be (they have specific figures for cabins, villas, . . .). I'm not sure when they posted this info, I apologize if it was recently, the website didn't say).

I would remove the $80.00 figure (that is the part that leads one to believe the special assessments may be minimal, vs the resort estimated $1,700-$1,800 X 3, or $6,100-$6,400 total).

A newbie like me (and many other first time timeshare buyers) could easily have missed your fine print, especially since it was buried in pages of info (the longest timeshare ad I have ever seen, and I have viewed a lot in the last few months)! It is nice to have the extra info, though.

I do find the free ski tickets (not so much the golf) tempting - does that apply to the tubing, too?

The other thing I was wondering was whether the 9,000 BG Points that come with the UDI would be another interval, costing another $1,700-$1,800 special assessment (the resort site says BG Points get assessed, too).

For a newbie, the blended UDI thing was difficult to understand (I think I have most of it now), and when you throw in special assessments per UDI interval, and need to figure out how many intervals, it gets more confusing.

Thanks to all who responded!

Dave

You could have called me directly as I list my phone number on most my ads if IF PERMITTED and/or ad space permitts and I would have pointed out were your math was wrong on a Blended ownership in regards to if it was going to be 3 or 4 times.

You also forgot to ask in your posts if there was a additional BG Points yearly maintenace fee charge on top of the Blended UDI, UDI Portion in regards to the regular UDI maintenace fee charge.

Also FYI the usage ways to make reservations for a Pure UDI Cottage is differant than for a Blended Cottage UDI'.

Pure UDI's IMHO are far easier to manage than a comparable amount of BG points you would need to reserve a equal amount of reservations.

That may be why the Developers website did not make it a big point to point out that some of the CMV Point ownerships will also get the same Special accessments. Suggest you go on a tour there have have them pitch BG Points to you.

If you ask questions from those who have the most experiance in UDI's and refrain from inaccurate statements you will learn more quickly and get ahead faster.

Over the last 11 years I MAY Have made more CMV UDI reservations than anyone. I am perrty sure I may in the past 7 years made more CMV Oak Timbers reservations than anyone.

I am really going to wish you good luck. Give a call tomaarow as per ad beyween 8 AM to 8 PM CST if you want to learn.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good advice. The unit size gives me pause - family of four, two young boys that get bigger by the day!

I just had a Glacier Canyon fall through (Wyndmark), so now I'm looking again.

It seems there are not a lot of resorts in or around WI that make good home resorts for us (CM has good activities, skiing and the Dells nearby, can use in summer and winter, and GC has its own waterparks).

Again, very happy for all the knowledge on TUG!

Oh, and Bruce, sorry again, I did mix up the registration date and the post date of the OP.

Thanks!

Dave

The Rushes or little Sweden in Door County are suposely close to you would do but they for prime time purchase are not cheap.
Bruce

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm lost in the running argument. Maybe you boys could take it outside.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I'm lost in the running argument. Maybe you boys could take it outside.

It's simple. ;)

They're FREE. Do you want one? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.