• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas gifts - what OTHERS think I need

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I didn't get a very good deal. I went to T-Mobile. The only deal was if you bought an iPhone and an iPhone 7 (not the 7 Plus), they would discount the iPhone 7 $200 over the 24-month payment plan. The only discount was the 2 lines for $70 with T-Mobile because DH and I are over 55.
we went with T-Mobile a few months ago because of the $70/mo for 2 unlimited 55+ plan. They were giving a BOGO free iPhone deal. I always had an android and DH had an iPhone, so I switched over because of the offer. Since I had an iPad, it was fairly easy for me to figure out.
Then last month I got an email saying I could add another line to our plan for $20 unlimited so my DS went on our plan and saved himself $45/mo over AT&T limited data plan (he brought his own phone over). Total for all 3 lines $90 including all taxes and fees, when I was was paying $95/mo for AT&T 2 lines and sharing limited data.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Cliff knew if he waited for me to clamor for a smartphone it wouldn't happen for several more years (flip phone is in the bottom of my purse, turned off, until I want to make a call; only time I ever used it was to check messages on business answering machine, and we turned those numbers off in Nov when we retired). So now I have an iPhone that will sit in its original packaging until he gathers me and phone into car for a trip to the T-Mobile store to get it connected. I guess I'm an ingrate, but all I know is that now I have to pay for some monthly plan, when the old phone cost me $119 for a full year. Useless waste of money, and will take up more room in my purse and be heavier to carry. To say nothing of the fact that I likely have to now spend $40 to get a protective cover for it to keep it from being damaged or scratched in my purse. And I've been told now we can turn our landlines off. That's not happening for a variety of reasons.

I "made him pay" for giving me an iPhone when my flip phone was just fine. Two hours and $300 later he now has a smartphone too at my prodding. Protective cases all around and $70/month for the two of us. We were paying $20/month for two dumb phones, and if I add in turning off the $15 data plan on the iPad after Tuggers convinced me I didn't need that, price is an increase of $35. As much as I hated the idea of no landlines, I'm starting to think if we turned those off too that would be a nice savings. He is poking at his new phone (and grumbling at it) as I type and has full bars of connectivity up in the main part of the house. Maybe the new phones are better able to connect in what is a dead zone for anyone other than T-Mobile -- our old flip phones had only medium bars upstairs and none down. I still maintain that my new iPhone will sit in the bottom of my purse, turned off like the old phone, but we'll see.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You are too funny Faith, if you can use an iPad then an iPhone is just as easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do lists for Christmas presents. Everyone puts together a list of things they want and we go from there. Typically, a list is 10 to 20 items at various price points ($10 to $300ish). We can then pick and choose which of the list items we want to buy. So everyone gets things they want, yet they are still unsure of exactly what they're getting, and it's easy to give a mix of inexpensive and relatively more expensive items. We also typically each get a few items that are not on the lists.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I turned off my landline in 1998 and have never missed it...

George
We get no cell reception at our house. So yes, we still have a landline.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I like receiving an Amazon gift card and then shopping after the holidays for something I want or need. Fun.

My son gave me one and I just bought a footrest for under my desk and a foil opener for my wine bottles since my other one broke. Now I am just contemplating about 2 books.....

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I like receiving an Amazon gift card and then shopping after the holidays for something I want or need. Fun.

My son gave me one and I just bought a footrest for under my desk and a foil opener for my wine bottles since my other one broke. Now I am just contemplating about 2 books.....

I put the new phone and phone plan on my Amazon cc -- love finding free money on my account when I need a new book!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We received a picture frame which is connected to the internet where we get updated pictures of the grandkids.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We received a picture frame which is connected to the internet where we get updated pictures of the grandkids.

We got one of those. Love it. The kids can upload and we can upload.

Reactions: DrQ