• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas gift of timeshare exit!

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Happy to share that for Christmas I got the gift of exiting all of my Wyndham timeshares!

Starting January 1 no more maintenance fees for us!!!

If you’re looking to get out of a Platinum size membership that is paid off pm me and I’ll try to connect you with the North Pole (aka someone looking to grow their timeshare interest). Club Wyndham Plus and Access points only.

I’m now focused on Westin and Atlantis.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Happy to share that for Christmas I got the gift of exiting all of my Wyndham timeshares!

Starting January 1 no more maintenance fees for us!!!

If you’re looking to get out of a Platinum size membership that is paid off pm me and I’ll try to connect you with the North Pole (aka someone looking to grow their timeshare interest). Club Wyndham Plus and Access points only.

I’m now focused on Westin and Atlantis.
Congratulations, I feel you joy!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a current owner I have found most of the time it is Cheaper to rent from a VIP Platinum owner then paying maintenance fees.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a current owner I have found most of the time it is Cheaper to rent from a VIP Platinum owner then paying maintenance fees.

I’m not sure how your experiences renting have anything to do with the ops success in exiting Wyndham. Unless you are suggesting he hang on to his ownership and become a renter

It sounds like it’s too late for that

Your experience renting may be changing if it hasn’t changed already. The platinum owners used to be able to rent for less than their maintenance fees and still be profitable due to the discounts and upgrades they could almost always get

Now you can’t count on the discounts or upgrades and most folks I know that rent are either limiting their offerings to what they can get inside 60 days from check in, which are not usually the prime reservations. Or their prices are based on what they pay in maintenance fees

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your experience renting may be changing if it hasn’t changed already. The platinum owners used to be able to rent for less than their maintenance fees and still be profitable due to the discounts and upgrades they could almost always get

Now you can’t count on the discounts or upgrades and most folks I know that rent are either limiting their offerings to what they can get inside 60 days from check in, which are not usually the prime reservations. Or their prices are based on what they pay in maintenance fees
That is exactly why I got out and I pocketed about the same as a year of rental profit by doing so.

I also expect it will continue to get harder to cover maintenance fees renting.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how your experiences renting have anything to do with the ops success in exiting Wyndham. Unless you are suggesting he hang on to his ownership and become a renter

It sounds like it’s too late for that

Ron I never book in advance. Usually I book 30 days out if inventory is available. Point I was trying to make is why own if you can rent points from a VIP member for less then paying yearly maintenance fees. Now if you have to travel in prime season and need the ARP owning may be right for you.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good point as I will rent from a platinum owner in the future if any remain renting at a discount.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point as I will rent from a platinum owner in the future if any remain renting at a discount.
This will change in the near future as Ron said in his previous post. Until it changes I find renting from a VIP with discounts is a better option then owning without the VIP status.