• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Checking in late to an exchange resort (Cove at Yarmouth)

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My husband did not get the check in day (Friday) for our upcoming Sept. vacation approved by his boss. This means we will either have to drive the 5 hours after he gets off from work- after a very long day and commute- and arrive at the resort at night. Not crazy about this option.

OR- we could leave the very next morning and arrive that Saturday.

This would be the first time this has ever happened to us believe it or not.

So my question is-I know that Friday night we could just call the resort and say we are checking in later that night.

BUT- if we are coming the next day (Saturday) and call the resort ahead of time will that be ok? And- can we check in on Saturday morning instead of the usual afternoon check -in?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I would suggest just calling the resort to find out.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have done that a couple of times. We wait until a week or so before our stay and tell them "Oh by the way, we won't be arriving until Saturday." That should get them to flag in your check in that you will be there on Saturday instead of assuming that you are a no-show.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
My husband did not get the check in day (Friday) for our upcoming Sept. vacation approved by his boss. This means we will either have to drive the 5 hours after he gets off from work- after a very long day and commute- and arrive at the resort at night. Not crazy about this option.

OR- we could leave the very next morning and arrive that Saturday.

This would be the first time this has ever happened to us believe it or not.

So my question is-I know that Friday night we could just call the resort and say we are checking in later that night.

BUT- if we are coming the next day (Saturday) and call the resort ahead of time will that be ok? And- can we check in on Saturday morning instead of the usual afternoon check -in?
This is how I have dealt with this, I Call them a few days before and let them know I will either arrive late Friday night or Saturday morning and I won’t know until Friday which one based on travel. Never had a problem where there is 24 hour office coverage or where their is none. Usually there is a lockbox that I am given a code to.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We do this all the time. I always call and tell them we won't be there on Friday, but we will be there Saturday morning. All the resorts I have done this with just note in in their system and the room is ready Saturday morning for me.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I did call the resort number on the exchange form and the number I hit transferred me to the VRI rep. who said the same as everyone here. I guess when the time comes I will need to press "0" for the Guest Services desk. I haven't exchanged for awhile so I didn't know if any rules have changed.

My husband thinks he can do the 5+ hour drive on Friday after being up at 4:30 am and working and commuting all day at 64 years old. To Cape Cod on a Friday night Labor Day week (traffic)! I think NOT! This a man who after dinner each night hits the recliner at 7pm and falls asleep immediately! Is he delusional or what?

At least if we can get there early the next morning (we are morning people) I won't feel like we lost too much time, although I would have preferred to be out sightseeing or on a beach somewhere by then. But it will all work out ok I am sure.

It figures. I never exchange and the one time I do......and I had to pay extra for this one! And-this is the first time my husband has had a vacation date denied. After many, many years he has a new boss. Who knows? The way things are going with these companies he could have another one by then. (His other boss would have given him the day off.)

As for me- none of my time off has been approved by my boss as of yet! Our company is in the process of being acquired, though it is all hush hush and rumor is no contracts have been signed yet, so anything can happen. All I know is I am going on my vacations come hell or high water.

Thanks everyone!

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Most of the time when we go away for a 3 day weekend, we do it using a cheap extra vacation through RCI. For instance, Vet's Day this year, our checkin day was Sunday. We didn't arrive until Thursday night. No worries. They just noted it in their system, and all was well. We've also left early using the same strategy.

I would probably power through and drive it that night. I am NOT a morning person, and I'd rather be able to sleep in the next day. :)