• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Check Point Availability without Weeks for Points

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My Marriott weeks are enrolled and I have never elected points yet. I was wondering if there is any way to check point availability and requirements before electing points for my weeks. When I plugged in dates it tells me there is availability but not the point requirements. Also, is there any type of offseason, last minute discount?
Thanks

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a tool which you can use and it will tell you the point requirement. Also, if you click on the hypothetical date, you can do a drop down to understand requirement per day.

After logging in, "Use Points", "Plan" heading -> "Points Calculator".

Marriott has something called "MVC Destination Escapes", under "Destination" tab, which is open to all members, the chart is published every week. The points requirement is hugely discounted.

Regarding other last minute discounts, unless you have Executive and above status, the standard discount offered at those levels for 30/60 days out are not available.

Last edited:

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You. I was able to figure it out. I do remember getting an email a while ago on discounts for off season weeks.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just looking thru old emails and found one from Marriott regarding Vacation CLub Destination Escapes at a discount.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Marriott weeks are enrolled and I have never elected points yet. I was wondering if there is any way to check point availability and requirements before electing points for my weeks. When I plugged in dates it tells me there is availability but not the point requirements. Also, is there any type of offseason, last minute discount?
Thanks

Not sure how it works if you have 0 points, but even with some points, it shows the check availability screen. On that screen it shows available dates. If you click on a specific available date, it does not show points?