• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chase Marriott Premier Plus and Vistana MFs

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
DH applied last week for the new Marriott Premiere Plus CC for the 100K point bonus and because of the upcoming ILG/Vistana sale to Marriott. To help fulfill the $5K spend, I think I'll pre-pay our 2019 MFs. Is anyone else planning to do or have done this? Just wondering if I'll get 6x points/$ or the standard 2x/$ for MFs.

Reading Chase's terms, it sounds like a good possibility to get the 6x points since the Vistana timeshares are listed on the SPG site:
"6 points ("6X points"): You’ll earn 6 points for each $1 spent on qualifying purchases made at participating Marriott® and The Ritz-Carlton® locations, and all Starwood-branded hotels which participate in Starwood Preferred Guest®, including participating: Four Points® by Sheraton, Sheraton® hotels, Aloft® Hotels, W® Hotels, Le Meridien®hotels, The Luxury Collection® hotels, Element® hotels, Westin® hotels, St. Regis® hotels, Tribute Portfolio™ and Design Hotels™ properties. “Participating Marriott and The Ritz-Carlton locations” means all Marriott and The Ritz-Carlton branded hotels which participate in Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®. Go to marriottrewards.com, ritzcarltonrewards.com or spg.com, as applicable, for a list of participating locations. You may see “6X” in marketing materials to refer to the 6 points you earn for each dollar spent at participating Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, and Starwood locations. You will only receive the accelerated earn of 6 points for each $1 spent from the credit card program. You will not receive additional points under the Marriott Rewards program for stays at participating SPG®locations. ..."

I haven't gotten the physical credit card yet. Will post later on what point rate I actually get for MFs.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You may want to just do a trial run an only prepay a small amount of your 2019 MFs to the new card to make sure it gets the 6X multiplier. If it doesn't and you have the SPG Amex, you would be better to prepay with that instead.

It seems that all the lingo you quoted above applies to hotel spending. Nothing really referring to paying of MFs, either Marriott MFs or Vistana. When you are paying a MF, you aren't paying any of those locations or individual properties, you are making a payment to the HOA and the Payee Name may not even contain the word Vistana, Westin or Sheraton.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You may want to just do a trial run an only prepay a small amount of your 2019 MFs to the new card to make sure it gets the 6X multiplier. If it doesn't and you have the SPG Amex, you would be better to prepay with that instead.

It seems that all the lingo you quoted above applies to hotel spending. Nothing really referring to paying of MFs, either Marriott MFs or Vistana. When you are paying a MF, you aren't paying any of those locations or individual properties, you are making a payment to the HOA and the Payee Name may not even contain the word Vistana, Westin or Sheraton.

Good idea.
I would hope that MVCI owners paying MF with Marriott CC would get 6X points.
Paying Vistana MF with Starwood CC, always got me the 3X for Starwood spend; same as at the resorts.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you end up prepaying all your 2019 fees, it would be a rude awakening to find out there was no multiplier. I only say this because I know for a fact that the current Chase Marriott Visa 5X multiplier does not work when paying Vistana MFs.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Better card for Vistana Maint Fees is the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
You get 3X Ultimate Rewards points which are worth $0.015 each
AND, get a $300 travel credit which you can use against the annual card fee.

The new Marriott cards are a DEVALUATION from SPG card.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aw well, my charge test result is back: as predicted by others, I only got 2x points on my pre-payment of MF. I just charged $200, not the whole amount.

Strange but the MF payment was listed as pending for 4+ days in our online Chase acct before it was posted as a charge to the CC billing period. Other charges made on the same day as MF payment were posted the next day. Maybe the word "Vistana" in the transaction description tripped up some logic, and the CC staff were waiting on a decision on how to code the transaction. The MF charge came across as "Vistana Spa Condo Fee".