TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Helios

Helios TUG Member

For the Chase junkies...

Anyone has the chase ink biz? There is a sign in bonus of 80k Points...

2. clotheshorse

clotheshorse TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vistana (Kierland & VV), Hyatt KW, Hilton, Tahiti Village
    I'm interested in feedback as well; I continue to get invitations.

3. duke

duke TUG Member

I got it. Must apply in Branch for 80k points.
    This is Chase Ink PREFERRED card (new).
    Received the Bonus points.
    Adds to my Chase Sapphire Reserve 100k too!

elleny76 likes this.
  4. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

I don't own a business ...Can I still apply for it? tx

5. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Plat,RCI pts,Shell,WorldMark,OKW,SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP; Blue Ridge Village.
    The Chase Ink Plus is better than the Chase Ink Preferred. 80K points is great, however. I think we got 60K and thought it was a great deal.

The Ink cards get 5X on office supplies, which is how I have over a million points currently in each of our Southwest accounts and in our Chase UR Portal. No, I don't buy 500K in office supplies a year, but I do buy Visa gift cards and buy money orders at the store, then deposit those to our regular checking account. We do a small amount, a little over $8K per month to get the 5X.

The points from INK can transfer to the UR portal of the Sapphire Reserve, too. So you can transfer the Chase Ink Plus points earned for 1.5 in the Sapphire Reserve. Chase Ink cards only get 1.25 in UR portal. It's a much better deal. You just go to the UR portal and choose the transfer points option and enter the credit card number of your Sapphire Reserve card.

Some might say the cashback is a better deal, but not for me. I assume our way of manufactured spend will halt at some point, as it is a very fragile system, but so far, so good.

elleny76 likes this.
  6. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

YOU are a GENIUS my friend! xoxo and thanks ( I just find out The Chase Ink Plus card is not available anymore..only Ink Business PreferredSM credit card and Ink Business CashSM credit card)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  7. rickandcindy23

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Plat,RCI pts,Shell,WorldMark,OKW,SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP; Blue Ridge Village.
    Chase Ink Plus is a business card. You can still get it. https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-business-credit-cards/customers/ink-plus/card-details We have two businesses, so Rick and I each got one. Even if you just rent a timeshare here and there, you have a legitimate business. We have TAX ID numbers for our businesses, but I know you can just put in your SS# to get the Visa Ink Plus.

The Chase Ink Bold, which is a Mastercard, that one is no longer available.

What I learned, I learned from Flyertalk. I first started following Million Mile Secrets, but he gave up on Visa gift cards when it became tougher to do.

Edited to correct my info: Apparently the Chase Ink Plus I have is not being offered, so you are right, I was wrong. When I clicked on the link, Chase has another link to the newer cards. Very disappointing for those who want 5X at office supply stores.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  8. Helios

Helios TUG Member

I ended up getting it online. In the mail now. The 80K points will come in handy when I transfer them to my Sypphire account.

9. PDXGolfer

PDXGolfer TUG Member

I do rent a timeshare here and there, but I do it through another TUGer. So, I don't have a username related to my rentals that I can use as the "business name" when I apply for a business credit card. Any suggestions?

10. okwiater

okwiater TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
    WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
    WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
    SMV 2B Plat+
    Sheraton Flex (x2)
    You can use your first and last name as your business name.

PDXGolfer likes this.
  11. PDXGolfer

PDXGolfer TUG Member

Thanks. Does that raise any issues about whether it's actually a business applying for the account?

12. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    Many professionals such as CPAs, lawyers, consultants do this. No problem at all. They are sole proprietors and use the social security number as the taxpayer ID.

13. rickandcindy23

Resorts Owned:
    You can get your business registered through your state. Even if you sell stuff on eBay on a flea market, you have a business.

14. PDXGolfer

PDXGolfer TUG Member

I tried the first and last name approach, and got approved! Thanks again for the advice, everyone! :)