• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Charter Club of Marco Island

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an OGS in progress for this resort since June of 2018. I'm searching through RCI with 37 TPU's for the months of April through June 2019 for a 2 Bedroom unit. So far nothing. I called RCI and asked if 37 TPU's were enough to land a successful exchange and I was told that she couldn't tell me. Does anyone know how many TPU's it would take to get a 2 BR unit at this resort?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have an OGS in progress for this resort since June of 2018. I'm searching through RCI with 37 TPU's for the months of April through June 2019 for a 2 Bedroom unit. So far nothing. I called RCI and asked if 37 TPU's were enough to land a successful exchange and I was told that she couldn't tell me. Does anyone know how many TPU's it would take to get a 2 BR unit at this resort?
It’s the same as I stated in your post for Surf Club of Marco Island. It should be enough.

Marco Islands demand exceeds its supply because very few units in comparison to other areas are in the timeshares and not many are deposited.

Charter Club as well as Surf Club also have the choice to deposit in hgvc instead as they are affiliates.

Must you have a two bedroom. There is Sunrise Bay Resort and Club on the bay side which are 1 br, 2 bath that most owners who trade use rci. It isn’t fancy but very clean and actually a place I love going.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
h
We managed to land Charter Club several times in the past year but the points demand was in the 20s. It seems like points inflation has hit big time for any beach week in SW Florida.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
The RCI Marco Island inventory has definitely declined over the years. Are you searching for only Charter Club or have you included Eagles Nest, Club Regency and Surf Club as well? I used to live on Marco, now in Naples and have stayed at all 4 timeshares. I think you would be happy with any of them.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Funny thing about the HGVC resorts on Marco. Of the 3, only Surf Club and Charter Club trade thru II. Club Regency is the only one that does not, but they do trade RCI.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Funny thing about the HGVC resorts on Marco. Of the 3, only Surf Club and Charter Club trade thru II. Club Regency is the only one that does not, but they do trade RCI.

There are four affiliate hgvc resorts in Marco Island. As affiliates they decide which and if they want dual affilation.

Charter Club does not trade in II and neither does Club Regency, only RCI.

Surf club and Eagles Nest have dual affiliation and trade in RCI and II.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I forgot about Eagles Nest. I believe Club Regency is the only place that doesn't trade II.