• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Charter Club of Marco Beach

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are confirmed into the Charter Club via RCI. Yesterday I received a letter from the resort with a Lock Box Code and Unit number. I know most resorts attach a unit number to your confirmation but it is used merely for reservation purposes and is not your assigned unit. If anyone has knowledge of this could you please let me know. I would like to see where we're going to be placed. My notice says: Unit 905. Where in the resort is this unit? Thanks

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are going to have a great view, and a great time. That is ninth floor but I will let an owner give you specific information.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh so it really does mean that 905 will be our unit? I can't wait to go to Marco Is. It's been so long since we've been there. Any suggestions on sights to see or good restaurants would be very appreciated.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We own a week in unit 805, so you would be in the unit directly above ours. You will have a fantastic view! You will be in the 9th floor SW corner unit of the front building (closest to the beach) with full 180 degree views of the beach/gulf, and will be able to look down over the pool area. The corner units have wrap-around lanais so you get extra space there (see pic below).

header.jpg

Also, Charter Club has lots of water sports equipment to use free of charge. Paddle boards, sea kayaks and Hobie Cat sailboats. They will even take you out for a sail and give you lessons for free! You will have a great time there.

Kurt

Last edited:

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much PigsDad for this information. I just pray they don't change the room location on us after we get there. You really have me excited about the view we would have if we get this unit. Could you please mention a few restaurants of your choice since you own in Marco? Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since your confirmation lists the unit number, I would be very surprised if they change it upon check in. The only downside with being on the SW corner is the sun can be a bit overwhelming in the afternoon on the Lanai, but that is pretty minor IMO.

For restaurants, there are so many to choose from, but I will give you a few of our favorites:
Breakfast: Red Rooster, Petit Soleil

Lunch or more casual (although you can be casually dressed in almost anyplace): Marco Island Brewery, Joey's Pizza, Pinchers (walking distance), Stonewalls (walking distance), The Italian Deli (take-out mostly), Lisa and Guy's Philly Grill (great flatbreads!)

Dinner: Two places on the Isle of Capri (20 min drive) that have great seafood and a SW Florida classic feel are The Capri Fish House (our favorite) and The Pelican Bend (next door). On Marco: CJ's on the Bay, Cocomo's Grill, Snook Inn, The Little Bar (in Goodland), Fin Bistro (walking distance)

Beebe's Ice Cream is a short walk to get a cold treat (my daughter's favorite!)

Also, there is a farmer's market every Wednesday Nov - Apr that is worth going to if you are there during that time. There is also a movie theater within walking distance where they serve you drinks, beer and food.

Of course, there are many more places to try out, but these have been our "go-to" places over the years that we have been vacationing there.

Kurt

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
The story was the snook inn was sold this year. Regarding Little bar, sign up for their notices. For the aggravation you will get a $25 gift certificate mailed to you each year.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kurt: Thank you again and again. These are wonderful suggestions and very helpful. Can't wait to try some of them. What would we do without TUG members like you?? I'm really excited to get there. We're going end of May. :banana:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I forgot to mention that Charter Club also has bikes to check out (free), along with pickle ball and tennis courts. For an older, non-flashy timeshare, I have been impressed with the facilities and activities they provide. Hope you have a great time!

Kurt

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Best way to enjoy Marco is from the water. Here are some of my favorite boat tours:

See the backwater in the 10,000 islands on the Island Gypsy http://islandgypsyexcursions.com/

Sunset cruise on a beautiful catamaran http://www.coolbeanscruises.com/

Sunset dinner cruise on a large yacht http://themarcoislandprincess.com/

Watch for dolphins and go shelling http://dolphin-study.com/reservations/

Guided waverunner tour of the 10,000 islands http://www.marcoislandwatersports.com/marco-island-water-sports---10,000-island-waverunner-tours.html

Rent your own boat and explore on your own! http://rosemarina.com/

If you come all the way to Marco Island and don't get out on some boats, you aren't doing it right.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We did this one when we were there over Christmas last year. We have spent the last 5 years on Marco for Christmas, and this was the first year my daughter was old enough to drive her own wave runner (16). We had an absolute blast! It ended up being just our guide, me and my daughter, so we got a private tour. Highly recommended.

Kurt

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
We did this one when we were there over Christmas last year. We have spent the last 5 years on Marco for Christmas, and this was the first year my daughter was old enough to drive her own wave runner (16). We had an absolute blast! It ended up being just our guide, me and my daughter, so we got a private tour. Highly recommended.

Kurt[/QUOTE

Not for everyone, but if you have the physical dexterity, this is the absolute best way to appreciate Marco Island. Like I tell my friends - we really are in the middle of nowhere. You were brave doing the tour in December when the water is so cold. Come back and do it in June.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Let me just sneak in one more restaurant that Kurt didn't mention, if you like Chinese:

Su's Garden on Bald Eagle - get the 7 Stars around the Moon - 7 shrimp on a base of fried egg, topped with ALL Chinese vegetables, and scallops, tempura chicken, and lobster tail. It's a Pu-Pu dinner for 2, and one of our all time favorite on the island. People give us gift certificates for Su's knowing we love the 7 Stars so much!

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Nene's Kitchen and Doreen's Cup of Joe are both good for breakfast and lunch. They close at 2PM. Fin Bistro moved closer to Charter Club and is pretty good. They have expanded their menu since they have expanded their space and kitchen. We enjoy Joey's Pizza for dinner. Mango's Dockside at the Esplanade is very good. Chop 239 is a very good (and expensive) steak house at the Esplanade. Snook Inn was sold and has been purchased by the same folks who run DaVinci's and Marco Prime (and others). Winn-Dixie isn't too far for groceries (there is also a Publix not too far from the W-D). Sweet Annie's is great for ice cream (Bald Eagle at Collier Blvd). Also try Stilts at the Marriott Crystal Shores. We haven't been there since they renovated, but we really liked going there in the past. You can walk on the beach to Stilt's since it is right next door.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The local favorite for breakfast and lunch is the Red Rooster at the Shops of Marco (Barfield and San Marco). It is operated by the same people who made Hoot's famous, but have since sold Hoot's to open the Rooster.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If interested in a 10,000 islands boat tour w/ shelling+swimming, there's a Groupon
from Eco-Endeavors that reduces the fare for 2 adults from $140 to $105, plus tax.
They leave from Caxambas Park marina, quite near to Charter Club.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
@gnipgnop
How far in advance did you make your reservation? I am looking to stay here next summer, nothing is available right now.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I made mine ~ 9 mos in advance via HGVC (a club booking for us).
Finding anything in SW Florida requires persistence (or an OGS) and luck.
Owners must elect to exchange their week to make it available for booking.
Frankly, if I owned a week on the gulf, I'm not sure I'd trade it for anything.