TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Reservations - Bonnet Creek

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by Arimaas, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

I have a reservation at Bonnet Creek from April 19 - 25, 2019. If I was looking to shift that reservation one day earlier at both ends (April 18-24) and assuming there's availability, what's the best way to do this? I tried doing it online - but it wouldn't let me do this. Alternatively, I can just add a day at the front end to the reservation, and I'd be OK with eating the points at the back end for the one day. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (4), some others.
    You're not going to be able to add one night at the front end -- at least not now because there is a two night minimum. (If you select 4/18 as a start date, 4/19 is grayed out.)

From what I can see in a search conducted a few minutes ago, there's nothing available for your revised dates so whatever you do, don't cancel your current reservation.

Arimaas likes this.
  3. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that availability was nil for that week now (school vacation) - but was hoping there was a way they could just add a day on the front end of I call customer service. I guess they can't just do this from their end? It seems impossible from my end.

4. paxsarah

paxsarah TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Pagosa, Wyndham at The Cottages & Ocean Blvd
    Your only options are to wait and see if availability for the whole span of new dates comes available, or book the single night at 14 days out. I don't think calling will add any other scenarios.

Arimaas likes this.
  5. Lisa P

Lisa P TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Club Wyndham Points
    I'd still call and ask. No harm in trying. :)

6. bendadin

bendadin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC AKV, BLT, POLY
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, CWA, Panama City Beach, Grand Desert, Bali Hai, Bay Club
    GLV
    17-19 is available in a 1 bedroom.

7. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

Thanks all. I tried calling to slide the reservation a day earlier but no good.

Problem is I have no points for two days so would have to rent points. The extra one day would cost me $100 between transaction fee and rental. Not sure if it’s completely worth it to burn 10k in points AND pay $100 for one extra day. Might be better off just renting a room at a rack rate somewhere for about the same price - and put the 10k points into rci to go with the 50k I’m gonna slide in from this year. Thanks all for the advice however.

8. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
    In Wyndham world there is NO concept of change. There is ONLY the concepts of booking and cancelling. And now if you have limited choices, and cancelled booking return to inventory in unpredictable timings if at all, you have a very small percentage success rate to accomplish this. So often it is not to be even attempted. That week you are trying to slip is Easter Week. Holiday weeks are generally in a league of your never going to see it again.

Mind you if there is plenty of availability, just cancel and book again, at your leisure.

I like the HGVC method here better. They have the concept of changeable reservations, which allows the move forward a day or back a day provided there is availability for that 1 day either way, without having to give up all the days in between.

9. capital city

capital city TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
    Keep in mind it's still 5 months away. Plans may and probably will change again. I've felt desperate to change a reservation, made it happen, and when the time comes I wish I had my original reservation because it would have worked better. Wait and see what happens. Dont let a vacation stress you out, its suppose to do the opposite. It will work itself out.

10. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

Yeah, I am a HGVC owner too. Very new to Wyndham so I thought maybe Wyndham had a way to pull this off. It's not the worst deal in the world, like I said, I'll either lose a day of vacation with the family or end up biting the bullet and pay for a one night somewhere else or even BC (or maybe open season at Hilton - I can't remember if there's a minimum night requirement, however).

11. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

Not really stressed. Just trying to hedge my bets. I work in a job where I have to pick vacations based on seniority. I may lose out on that Easter week to someone more senior, but if I shifted the reservation one day in each direction, I should be fine. Either way, like I said before, I'll just lose the one day vacation. I just wanted to maximize the time with my family (you know, invest in that 401V those jerky sales folks try to get all cutesy on). Thanks everyone for their advice however. It's always helpful/

12. BDMX2

BDMX2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Santa Barbara
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    We've run into this a couple of times in the past where flights are better the day before. Something we like to do is to book a Disney value resort for that first extra night, and then keep that last night at Bonnet Creek so we can take an evening flight and still have use of our room for the whole day. The two bonuses on the Disney room: 1. booking fastpasses earlier and 2. being squished into a standard hotel/motel room that first night then feeling super awesome when we get to spread out at WBC!

Firepath and Arimaas like this.
  13. am1

am1 TUG Member

Not that easy for Wyndham to change reservations. Even one night earlier or later. All rooms are reserved.

14. bendadin

bendadin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC AKV, BLT, POLY
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, CWA, Panama City Beach, Grand Desert, Bali Hai, Bay Club
    GLV
    Actually renting a DVC for the night would work well

BDMX2 likes this.