TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Home resort reservation in club period

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by dsmrp, Jul 8, 2018.

1. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club
    I made a home resort reservation at Bay Club for spring 2019, during the home preference 12-9 months window, sending in my paper request form in to Bay Club/Hilton. I've been thinking of changing to an earlier date, now in club reservation period. There are lots of units available in club period.

Will HGVC-Bay Club charge me to make this change? Looks like online I can only cancel the reservation. I am hoping if I call Bay Club # , they will make change n/c.
    (I can't do now cause I'm waiting for friends to decide when they can travel, maybe in a week's time. ).

Has anyone else had this situation? Thanks in advance!

2. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    You should be able to cancel and rebook the new dates w/o a fee.
    Even though it is in the club-window, it is still a home-week booking.
    I'd call the main HGVC member line to do this.

The Rules: "After the Home Week Priority Reservation Window ends, Members will no longer have an exclusive window to book their Home Week, however, they may still make a Home Week reservation, subject to availability." (emphasis added)

dsmrp likes this.
  3. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks Talent!

4. magmue

magmue TUG Member

But if I understand correctly, if it's a home week reservation, you will have to book the exact unit type you bought, and adhere to a 1 week reservation checking in and out on their week regimen

5. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    and book in the same season that you own.
    IOW, its gotta be a HW reservation to be a HW reservation.

6. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Just a follow-up, I called the Bay Club HGVC number, and they said no problem... I just had to send them in another copy of the reservation request form. They emailed me blank form, I filled out, scanned with signature and emailed it back. Reservation was changed the next work day :) It's a plus and a minus that Bay Club usually has units available.
    If DD and another friend couple decide to come later, I think I can get another unit fairly easily.

GT75 likes this.