• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changing a Reseravation

MrPipman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club and King's Land
What are the rules for changing an existing reservation on the HGVC website?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Login to the HGV Website:
https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com
On the top, select Club Membership -> Overview
Scroll down.
It will have a link to the 2019 Club Rules PDF file.
Page 7 has all the info.

To my knowledge, the exception to the chances are any of the Fiesta Americana resorts. It would tell you though, during booking, that those resorts are NOT Changeable.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Also, all home week reservations are non-changeable. If you can't change a changeable reservation online via the web site (because the online change feature does have some know issues), then you should call CS to change it for you.

Do you have a specific question that we didn't answer?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Since H-W booking is free, you can cancel+rebook up to 30 days out.
LT 30 days, point-penalties apply (unless you buy point protection).

Club bookings can be changed or moved only within a calendar year.
If you want to cancel and it's LT 30 days, first move it MT 30 days out.
For December stays, change options are limited, so you may want P-P.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Since H-W booking is free, you can cancel+rebook up to 30 days out.
LT 30 days, point-penalties apply (unless you buy point protection).

Club bookings can be changed or moved only within a calendar year.
If you want to cancel and it's LT 30 days, first move it MT 30 days out.
For December stays, change options are limited, so you may want P-P.

Talent, I just booked at HCNYC (home property) and was offered for $64 "cancellation" insurance. Basically full refund I think it was up to the arrival date. I didn't buy it as I am pretty certain to be going. I don't remember getting that offer at other location. Is this just another HCNYC thing?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Basically full refund I think it was up to the arrival date. I didn't buy it as I am pretty certain to be going. I don't remember getting that offer at other location. Is this just another HCNYC thing?

No, standard HGVC and I guess also bHC and HCNYC product (but I think that is must be cancelled the day prior to the start). It isn't necessary if you have a changable reservation because you can move it >30 days and then cancel it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Talent, I just booked at HCNYC (home property) and was offered for $64 "cancellation" insurance. Basically full refund I think it was up to the arrival date. I didn't buy it as I am pretty certain to be going. I don't remember getting that offer at other location. Is this just another HCNYC thing?

No, it's system wide...
It can help w-late cancellations, since Home Week is not changeable.
But if you know you will be there, come hell or high water, chance it.

For club-bookings, it should only be used for mid- to late December.
Reason: Online club bookings can be moved MT 30 days out (up to 12/31).

Last edited:

MrPipman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club and King's Land
Login to the HGV Website:
https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com
On the top, select Club Membership -> Overview
Scroll down.
It will have a link to the 2019 Club Rules PDF file.
Page 7 has all the info.

To my knowledge, the exception to the chances are any of the Fiesta Americana resorts. It would tell you though, during booking, that those resorts are NOT Changeable.
Thanks, found it

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

Does this mean you can’t walk a reservation when booking one of the Fiesta Americans resorts or does it just mean you can’t change to another property?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this mean you can’t walk a reservation when booking one of the Fiesta Americans resorts or does it just mean you can’t change to another property?

Yes, unfortunately, to both. It started in 2019 when HGV changed the rules, AFAIK. Your only choice is to cancel, lose the booking fees (the points will go back in, if cancelled far enough in advance), and then re-book. Sucks, IMO.

Changing resorts requires the "change" feature, as does walking the reservation. Once you book, the "change" button is 100% gone/grayed out. Only Cancel or Add Guest Certificate is available.

:(

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Changing resorts requires the "change" feature, as does walking the reservation. Once you book, the "change" button is 100% gone/grayed out. Only Cancel or Add Guest Certificate is available.

:(

That stinks. Glad to learn it now instead of a couple of months from now when I planned to start walking a reservation. So I have to wait until my whole vacation is available to book any of it without paying extra fees? I can’t sign up for the first three days then add more days on as they become available? Seems to significantly decrease my chances of landing the six days I want the week of New Year’s 2020. Thanks for sharing what you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
That stinks. Glad to learn it now instead of a couple of months from now when I planned to start walking a reservation. So I have to wait until my whole vacation is available to book any of it without paying extra fees? I can’t sign up for the first three days then add more days on as they become available? Seems to significantly decrease my chances of landing the six days I want the week of New Year’s 2020. Thanks for sharing what you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFAIK, the only way to do that, would be to call in and the phone rep *might* be able to cancel the reservation and rebook with the extra day, but you'll have to pay another booking fee.

I could be wrong, but I know when I called in to change, they told me it wasn't changeable any longer (I forgot they had changed it last year) and the rep had to cancel and I had to rebook and pay the fee again (plus lost my original fee).

Lordlars

Reaction score
So i just ran into a situation. I have a 5 day reservation Wed-Sun. I just logged onto site to walk up the reservation to 6 days. When i adjusted the date, suddenly the Thursday day was unavailable. I could either leave as is, or have to "start" my new date for Friday-Mon. I was hoping to walk this reservation for a full 11 days Dec 4-14. Why would a Thursday suddenly become unavailable when i already have it reserved?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
There is a know issue with the online change feature. Call CS and they can make the reservation change for you.

Alohamary

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village Kalia
So I am walking a reservation for the first time - not sure I know fully what I am doing. I have booked first three nights - but want all 7. So I know that tonight - at midnight ( ha ha one hour later - as it's daylights saving time day - yay me) I go in and attempt to add one more day to my reservation. Dumb question - but is there a change button? what are the steps for changing your reservation? I have never changed one and am scared I will somehow screw it up. thanks for any help.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, Look at your reservation list, you should see "change reservation". Now, if you booked with bonus points, that will be a non-changeable reservation.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Under your Welcome "Your name" on the top right when you log in, there is a drop down there for My reservations. Click on the and find your reservation, it will have a Change Button (also a cancel, but you never really want to cancel if you have paid, you just want to reuse for a different stay if you don't need it).

Once the reservation opens, down on the bottom left you can also change resorts too.

I had a problem today, I tried to change a reservation and it wanted the fees again. I had to call to get them to change the reservation for me. That makes no sense.

Alohamary

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you both - super helpful. IF I do it at midnight -EAstern, I'm assuming the call center isn't open and doesn't open until 8 AM correct? Is that a problem ?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both - super helpful. IF I do it at midnight -EAstern, I'm assuming the call center isn't open and doesn't open until 8 AM correct? Is that a problem ?

Yes and No.

You may not be able to CHANGE your reservation to snag the extra day, but in the meantime, someone else can come along, and book a NEW reservation and possibly snag the day you needed.

Yeah, kinda sucks that the website is so screwed up.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The call center isn't open on Sundays.

Alohamary

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Success for Dec. 7-14 week! thanks for talking me through it. I ended up having to call for the last two days - as they did not appear on the screen.....but it worked out.