TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. redslp

redslp Guest

Tired of these people..... Every morning 1 or 2 of them holding the spots for 8 people. They keep these lounge chairs all day.

Attached Files:

elleny76 likes this.
  2. OKPACIFIC

OKPACIFIC TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORN OFx2,
    WPORVx2, WDW Plat+,
    WSJ-CV Plat+, 5*Elite
    Yup.........

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  3. PamMo

PamMo Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I feel for you. I hate seeing chairs "reserved" at the crack of dawn, and only used a few hours out of the day. I don't know how you can cure such selfish behavior. I really like how the Maui Marriott monitors the chair pigs over there. They're pretty aggressive about tagging chairs and removing towels/books/lotion, when no one shows up. One person can put towels on only two chairs - and you have to stick around.

4. PamMo

PamMo Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

You've got to be joking! 4AM??????

5. redslp

redslp Guest

So at 7am after only 3 of the 8 chairs being touched and no security around, I went over and moved the towels off of 2 of the chairs. The Alpha Male of the group said, "Those are my chairs!". I replied, "Nobody has been sitting in them for the past hour and I'd like to use them." Two of the other members of the party yelled, you can't move them until 7!" I replied, "It is 7."

Alpha Male threw the chair next to me.

6. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    That happened to us at WKORV-N, we went out at 10:00am and lots of empty chairs with no people. We moved towels off of 4 chairs and put them on chairs next to us that had towels and at 2:00pm the folks that had put those towels came over to us and asked us to move because they said it was their chairs. We refused and they dragged the towel guy over and when they announced that they put their towels out at 8:00am, he said we were in the right as he had seen us sitting in this location for over 4 hours we had food and cocktails on our table and he basically told them if they did this again they would continue to have no place to sit as its FCFS...

They were pissed and went on and on argueing with the towel guy and finally they turned to us and said we're not moving and you're going to have to move... Towel Guy called security and they left. After that incident towel guy became our best buddy the rest of the week...

7. redslp

redslp Guest

Security has been called once. I talked to him as well as my husband. He told me I shouldn't have moved their towels. Security actually asked me, "How would you feel if someone moved your towel?"
    Um. I would feel just fine if I hadn't been using the chair for an hour.

CynL, elleny76 and Jan M. like this.
  8. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Holly Tree,Calini Beach, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East
    Very stupid, vacations should be fun, not stressful, those people sound horrible. They probably hold seat everywhere, lunchrooms, concerts, beach and pools, such a sense of entitlement. Don't let them ruin your vacation. Where are you staying? We are in Ft. Lauderdale and although it is crowded, every one has been nice and friendly. It helps that the weather is perfect.
    Silentg

Jan M. likes this.
  9. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    Again (and again...) - make complaints to the General Manager of WKORV/N
    Not Security
    Not Pool Hut
    Not the Chair Hogs
    Not Drink Servers

Contact the General Manager.

This is not the 1st or last time this issue will arise. The General Manager at WKORV/N has changed and they need (once again) to contacted. Complaining to the rest may make one feel better bygetting this off their chest, but it will get no action and the problem will persist.

vacationtime1 and Ken555 like this.
  10. RLS50

RLS50 TUG Member

I am fully on board with OP and against the people that do this.

But last year my wife and I wanted to hit the pool at Lagunamar before an early dinner. We went out to pool around 2:30pm and found a couple of chairs in the back (not close to pool) put down our towels and bags and got in the main pool. 30 minutes later we came out and found a couple had moved our stuff and took our chairs.

My wife and I looked at each other and then looked at them, but they wouldn't even make eye contact with me. We were headed back to the room anyway so I let it go, but really was annoying.

I guess this problem can cut both ways.

CynL likes this.
  11. redslp

redslp Guest

So, security and the manager asked me to move. They offered to "set me up in another area" or in a cabana for the day. I asked them to please have the man who threw the lounge chair and the woman who called me a B**** and threatened to punch me in the face to be removed from the pool area.

The manager phoned back just now and said she did her due dillegence and none of the people in the area could substantiate my claims. The woman who made the threats said she was "talking on her cell phone, dealing with an HR issue??". She did acknowledge this group has taken over this area and plays the game. It feels a little like the bully won in this case, but I feel good for sticking up for myself and for all the other people who would like to have a chance to sit in the prime spots to see the ocean under an umbrella.
    Anyway, avoid these hotheads at WKORV-N.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
    elleny76 likes this.
  12. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    If they had been doing their jobs and following what are usually clearly posted rules it wouldn't have been necessary for you to move anyone's towels. I would be speaking to the resort manager at this point and telling him or her that they unless they started taking care of all of their guests instead of a select few inconsiderate ones then you will be posting bad reviews on Facebook, Trip Advisor, and whatever timeshare system you booked this resort through.

For 8 years we went to Myrtle Beach twice a year and have stayed at 4 different resorts. We had a bad experience at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation in July, 2003 when we were there with our teenage son and his then girlfriend and we have never been back to this resort since nor have we sent any of our family there either. Chairs and chaises were "claimed" first thing in the morning. We couldn't use the hot tubs even at 10pm without 4-6 children under 10 years old with not a parent in sight joining us. Trying to use the lazy river was dangerous with all the kids and teens running and chasing each other in it and jumping in from the sides too. We saw a mother walking an inner tube with a small child about 18 months in it get knocked down when a boy of about 12-14 jumped in without even looking because he was looking over his shoulder at the other kids chasing him. My husband launched himself out of his tube to help her and the baby. The management and staff did nothing the entire week we were there and I'm sure we couldn't possibly have been the only people who complained. We told them that if we saw anyone get injured that we would be giving them our names and contact information and would testify on their behalf if they sued.

If you get an email after your stay asking for comments about the resort, the staff and your stay, reply as they do get looked at.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  13. redslp

redslp Guest

Yes, that's not okay either. Two people, two lounge chairs, and actively using the pool- you should be able to use those chairs all afternoon. Of course, you also didn't yell at the person sitting on the chair, throw the chair, sit on the foot of the chair I had claimed and your wife didn't cuss and physically threaten the person who moved your stuff.
    Sorry about your experience, you're right there can be inconsiderate people on both sides.

14. RLS50

RLS50 TUG Member

They sound pretty terrible. If they did all that and then denied everything that makes it worse IMO.

15. LisaRex

LisaRex TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
    Last time I went to WKORV, a family of about 20 came and claimed all the chairs around the entrance of the slide pool each morning. They pulled the chairs as close to the entrance of the pool that they could without actually being in the pool. Then they plopped the youngest kids who couldn't swim (some had water wings; some didn't) onto the steps, essentially blocking the path of anyone who wanted to enter the pool. One child became enamored with the water station, and began systematically pulling the cups and tossing them onto the ground. No one stopped him. Eventually a disgusted staff member would come by and clean up the mess and re-fill the cups.

It took all my self-control not to get into a word of words with them.

redslp likes this.
  16. bobpark56

bobpark56 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

To avoid chair hogs, you might give Westin Lagunamar a try. The have a new policy against this and appear to be enforcing it...if a chair is unattended for 45 minutes or more.

SMHarman and redslp like this.
  17. redslp

redslp Guest

We went to Lagunamar last year and loved it! The staff was attentive, charismatic and helpful.

SMHarman likes this.
  18. redslp

redslp Guest

Decided to go to the Spa today. While hanging in the steam room, three women were talking about the "disagreement at the pool" they witnessed from their balcony. They saw the man sit on the foot of the chair I claimed, throw the chair next to me and saw the woman yell at me, but couldn't hear her. They were very supportive as they have witnessed this group for 2 weeks.

19. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I was in Costa Rica last week. I went to sit in a lounger in the shade (nothing on the chair). A woman yelled at me from the pool, "hey, someone's sitting there!" Really? I sure couldn't see anyone. Dealing with these morons can impact your day at the pool. I moved on. It's ridiculous how the self-entitled act. Yuk!

20. taffy19

taffy19 TUG Member

This is exactly why we prefer to stay on our own Lanai. I use the pool very seldom but when I do, I jump in and when I come out, I get dressed immediately and go back upstairs to our private little place.

All you smell around the pool is suntan lotion and it puts me off. Give me the ocean rather than a pool any time and find a shady place on the beach under a palm tree or take an umbrella with you, if there are no palm trees around.

susan diane and redslp like this.
  21. FB guy

FB guy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV, SBP, The Crane
    This burns me up, too. When I go to workout in early AM, someone has already come down & put towels on the last 4 chairs near the entrance to get to the WKORV workout room. Don't know if it helps, but there is a sign near the towel shack at the WKORV pool that notes 1 person can only reserve 2 chairs. May be something to use w/management - are you enforcing that or not?

redslp likes this.
  22. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club
    the hogs are likely not owners, maybe renters of star options reservations :rolleyes:o_O
    trying to get their $$ worth .
    I'm so tired of people who think they're entitled...

23. MauiGirl1

MauiGirl1 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    DVC, WKORV-N, HGVC
    I would like to address the misrepresentation that "redslp" has portrayed. We saw the exchange and "redslp" violated the rules removing towels from chairs. Security, the hotel manager, and the pool staff in charge of tagging all agreed that the group was following the rules. In addition, we saw "redslp" taking pictures, and see that she posted them. The one with no ones face showing is fine, but the one of the person where you can clearly see her face is tacky and rude, and should be taken down. I have seen the group for the past 2 weeks and they have been nothing but friendly. I talked with the group after the incident "redslp" initiated, they are all longtime owners and have been lucky enough to meet other owners on their vacation.

24. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Plat,RCI pts,Shell,WorldMark,OKW,SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP; Blue Ridge Village.
    This is your first post. You were actually there and witnessed the incident? How did you find TUG and this thread. Funny. I am not being sarcastic or mean in any way. I just cannot believe it was that easy to find a rant about pool chairs here on TUG, if you didn't know about TUG before this. Welcome to TUG!

CynL, elleny76, mommacat56 and 5 others like this.
  25. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    I have never, ever seen rules against removing towels from chairs that no one has been using for hours. I have to agree with rickandcindy, it sounds like you are part of the offending group.

Since this thread just started yesterday you are obviously still at the resort. Maybe you could take a picture with your phone of these "rules" against removing towels from chairs that have been unoccupied for an extended period of time and post it so the rest of us can see them. I'm not trying to be sarcastic but apparently the rest of us have never seen or heard of this!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    mommacat56, callwill and SMHarman like this.