• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carribean vacation

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I own weeks in Key West, but I'm looking for advice on a possible timeshare location. I go to the Caribbean every year, Roatan the last few years and this coming Feb. Been to Cuba, Dominican Republic, St.Lucia, Belize, Mexico..probably missing a few. What I am looking for is a relaxing beach location, that has a night life, really want to avoid most of the all inclusive s, prefer a location with/near restaurants, bars, night life within walking distance so needless to say a safe place (when keeping with the other tourists.) Don;t want to rent a car. One or two bedroom, two bed lock-out being the most preferred. And most importantly reasonable cost flights from Detroit or Toronto. Would be looking for mid-Feb (end of wet season) to mid march, give or take. Suggestions?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Realize, you are wanting to travel during PEAK season as the same time when everyone else is. Demand is high and supply is low.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Yes this is a high demand season, but I like white sands over white snow lol.
Thanks for the Aurba suggestion. I will do some research...

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Aruba will tick off all your boxes. Lately all I've seen is availability at Divi Golf & Beach or Divi Phoenix. Phoenix, I believe, is AI but Golf & Beach is optional AI. But, at Golf & Beach you will need to take a short (less than 10 minute) bus ride to get to the night life. For "across the street" access to night life you will want to get into the high rise section. That would be Hyatt, Mariott, RIU, etc.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Another vote for Aruba!

Heading there in Aug for the 3rd year in a row. This time we're staying at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort (not all inclusive) and my sister will be at Playa Linda Beach Resort.

Last year we stayed at Aruba Beach Club... year before that was Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort (which is actually across the street from the beach.)

My plan is to visit every year for the rest of my traveling life! We've been fortunate to get RCI exchanges (this year we used on-going search for the 1st time.) I already have my OGS in place for 2019.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
flights to aruba will not be cheap from toronto during your timeframe ( we were fortunate a few years ago to get $800 flights from Toronto during March Break)

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aruba will tick off all your boxes. Lately all I've seen is availability at Divi Golf & Beach or Divi Phoenix. Phoenix, I believe, is AI but Golf & Beach is optional AI. But, at Golf & Beach you will need to take a short (less than 10 minute) bus ride to get to the night life. For "across the street" access to night life you will want to get into the high rise section. That would be Hyatt, Mariott, RIU, etc.

There is actually not an option for AI Divi Phoenix (the one on the beach). for Divi Golf AI is optional but I know there are some exchanges in II that require AI for Divi Golf or Village so you do not want to book those.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonair or Curaçao in the Southern Carribean are my choices. They are the other two (2) Islands that make up the ABC Southern Carribean Islands. They are laid back with night life, nice beaches and plenty of restaurants.

Aruba is the party island with night life, nice beaches and all kinds of various countries cuisine restaurants. Plus you will not need a car.
There is street in Aruba with all kinds of timeshare resorts, hotels, restaurants and the beaches is in their backyard.

Last edited:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Bonair or Curaçao in the Southern Carribean are my choices. They are the other two (2) Islands that make up the ABC Southern Carribean Islands.

Aruba is the party island with night life, nice beaches and all kinds of various countries cuisine restaurants. Plus you will not need a car.
Those are both on my bucket list

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
see my review of Divi Phoenix in TS Reviews section of TUG

Lee55

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club,
Marriott Aruba Surf Club,