• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Capital Resorts Group Vacation Club Observations

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So I thought I was buying into the Grand Crowne Vacation Club (points membership) for $1.25 with an ebay purchase. Turns out the owner "upgraded" and joined Capital Resorts. So far in some ways it is an upgrade (a few extra resorts and mainly useless, to me it seems, perks) and in other ways it is a downgrade (limited real time reservation only in 9 core resorts (four of which are in Branson) another 12 direct points reservation affiliates are only available calling during business hours 9-7 six days a week. The biggest drawback is I bought for LM reduced II access using a grid that goes half price at 60 days or less. I still have the same grid with discount but have no direct access to II.

I do with my own account but I have to set up OGS through an agent or online and then an agent calls and confirms. Even the Capital agents don't have direct access. They take down all of the info on what you want and them put you on hold while they call II. They get through pretty quick but still. You then have a 3 way call with Interval. If you are doing a search or confirming instant exchange you have to pay the call in rate. It is a minimum of 20 minutes to go through Capital and II. Grand Crowne gets their own paid II membership with the membership fee and can even add non Grand Crowne resorts to corp. II membership, if I understand correctly. The way Capital Resorts works it isn't condusive to grabbing inventory, that may not last. Still if one of the Marriott Mayflower studio (large or small) not in preference was available when I called for the August dates my MF's on the points would be less than $200 plus the $189 exchange fee and no fee for Guest Certs. Another drawback with their Interval Access which is similar to Hyatt, I believe, is that I can't request or confirm anything that is more that 12 months out through Interval. I already have Easter 2016 confirmed and there was an Easter 2017 unit available that I wanted. I could not book with Capital points. I could have used the eplus (not available to Capital Memberships) to push my Starwood unit reservation to 2017 (small 1 br sbp) but in 2016 I have a 3 br and the points are a lot more for larger units. Smaller units are the bargain.

I don't think there are many or any Capital Resorts owners that are regular posters but if anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions on how to use the membership, please post. I will answer what I can. I have a CD of the rules and regs on the way to me- no pdf or online guide available- huh. I have had at least 20 question tickets opened up in the last 3 weeks. More than half the time they call in response rather than typing the answers. I ask online because I want written responses.

My original intent was to rent out reservations for about half of my points and use the other half through Interval. In terms of using points availability is tight everywhere except Branson, but there is no transaction fees, HK fees or HK fees due on check in. You can cancel with no restrictions up to 14 days in advance. No Guest Cert fees. As long as you request by November of use year, up to 100% of points can be banked to the following year without any fees or restrictions. As a resale owner, I am not eligible for their version of elite status, but I can't even figure out what the benefits of elite status would be. They won't tell me by email or phone and say I would have to come to an in person owner update. Since I don't know what I am missing (and I know it wouldn't include online II access), I am not worried about it.

Tracey

Jamie Etters

Reaction score
Thank you for this info- I keep getting calls from Capital to transition over. I have been curious and interested in hearing the differences and the cost associated with it. I would definitely miss not having direct access to II- I've got it down pretty much to a science and use 99% of my points for trading in the system rather than using my home resorts. :)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
In the March newsletter, there was a possible hint that we may be getting our own II account access but nothing has come of that yet.

MF through Capital is now $3.00 per point plus a base fee of $250 in additional to the annual membership fee. If you own fewer points the cost per point is greater.

I still don't have a copy of the rules and regs so I am still feeling my way around.

I am seeing more resale accounts offered on ebay but beware the transfer process can take up to 6 months.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the March newsletter, there was a possible hint that we may be getting our own II account access but nothing has come of that yet.

MF through Capital is now $3.00 per point plus a base fee of $250 in additional to the annual membership fee. If you own fewer points the cost per point is greater.

I still don't have a copy of the rules and regs so I am still feeling my way around.

I am seeing more resale accounts offered on ebay but beware the transfer process can take up to 6 months.

On Capital Group web site, they show examples how many points you need to go at different resort http://www.capitalresortsgroup.com/examples.html. So, at $3 per point, it doesn't make sense. Your points should be in an other point range than the one shown.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry. It's $3 per 1000 plus the $250 base fee. I am just so used to moving the decimal point when I do calculations.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry. It's $3 per 1000 plus the $250 base fee. I am just so used to moving the decimal point when I do calculations.

I'm with you - $/point should always be $1-$10 with the appropriate metric modifier in front assumed if it is left off (e.g $3/1K=$3). Who wants to talk about point costs in fractions of a cent? :)

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group