• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't Use My HBH-Week 15 in 2020 --- Can I do an Internal Exchange?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hi,

I just found out at work today that I will not be able to take vacation in April 2020. We just found out that corporate is doing our annual 5 year internal audit during the month of April, so no vacation time will be granted. So that means that I can not use my week 15 in 2020.

I have already booked HCP for Feb. 2020 for a week with my 2019 week, so I'd love to try and find a week in December of 2020. How would I do this? When I search the portal now all I see is weeks at HBC till April 2020

Thanks everyone for the help, still trying to figure out the Hyatt system.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So this means you have(or will have) CUP points to use internally in the Hyatt system. You can put in a wait list request for where you want to go in December 2020. Make sure your 2020 MF's are paid or your waitlist request will not match.

In Hyatt the units become available most of the time at one year and again at six months before the date you want to travel. You should not see any dates at HCP or HBC(Beaver Creek?) until December 2019 at the earliest and then again in June 2020 for travel in December 2020.

Your problem is that you will need to book this trip before your CUP points go to LCUP in April 2020. In LCUP you can only book 60 days in advance.

So to book in December 2020 you will need to have a unit to book become available to you before the start date of your 2020 week. If you are trying to book with LCUP points you will have to wait until October(for December travel) and your LCUP points may expire before you can book.

Got it?

It's confusing.

Do you want to transfer your points to II? That is a different timeline.

Hope this helps.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
You can use your points from your April 2020 week for internal Hyatt exchanges booked between April 2019 and April 2020. That's the time period you can book. Actual travel dates can be later.

The problem is availability. Theoretically, a week can become available a year in advance, so if you want to travel in December 2020, then you could book it starting December 2019. If there is availability. But in practice, there is going to be very little, if any at all, availability a year in advance. Your best chance to book anything is exactly 6 months in advance, because all unbooked HRPP inventory is released at 6 months.

The problem is, in your case, 6 months before December 2020 is June 2020, which is beyond your CUP points validity date of April 2020. You can only realistically book something for travel in October 2020 at the latest, which is April + 6 months.

Once your fixed week check in date in April 2020 passes, your CUP points become LCUP points, meaning you can only book 60 days out. Then 6 months later, in October, your points will expire. You may take a chance and wait until the last minute before your LCUP points expire in October 2020, and hope something will be available within 60 days, which may take you to December.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So this means you have(or will have) CUP points to use internally in the Hyatt system. You can put in a wait list request for where you want to go in December 2020. Make sure your 2020 MF's are paid or your waitlist request will not match.

In Hyatt the units become available most of the time at one year and again at six months before the date you want to travel. You should not see any dates at HCP or HBC(Beaver Creek?) until December 2019 at the earliest and then again in June 2020 for travel in December 2020.

Your problem is that you will need to book this trip before your CUP points go to LCUP in April 2020. In LCUP you can only book 60 days in advance.

So to book in December 2020 you will need to have a unit to book become available to you before the start date of your 2020 week. If you are trying to book with LCUP points you will have to wait until October(for December travel) and your LCUP points may expire before you can book.

Got it?

It's confusing.

Do you want to transfer your points to II? That is a different timeline.

Hope this helps.

My goal is to get a match at one of the resorts in FL. Can I pay my MF’s over the phone? Then I will put in a waitlist

Thanks

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My goal is to get a match at one of the resorts in FL. Can I pay my MF’s over the phone? Then I will put in a waitlist

Thanks

You will have to call to pay your MF’s early.

Good luck. Don't let your points go to LCUP.

So, I'm on hold right now at 1-800-Go Hyatt to pay my MF's... Been on hold for 20 minutes and I hope they pick up before 5:00pm when they close in 36 minutes...Is this who I would place a waitlist with and can I do it for anytime before my week 15 in 2020 or can it be after my week? This where I'm fuzzy on the rules...

thanks

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
You will have to call to pay your MF’s early.

+1
I recall now this advice in a previous thread. This applies to II exchanges as well, using points from multiple years or next year's points.

I made an e-plus retrade & upsize to a resort location & date DD wanted. And needed to use 2020 club points for the upsize. My original trade used 2019 pts. The 2 CS reps I talked to didn't tell me about early paying of 2020 MF until I asked. I told the last rep that I was using 2020 club points. I asked about MFs after CS said my club pts were sufficient and II would just draw the additional points from them.

If I hadn't pre-paid then Hyatt wouldn't have confirmed availability of the club points, and I would have lost my retrade