TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

CANCUN Westin Lagunamar Resort Villa - Thanksgiving week 11/17-11/24 7nights

Discussion in 'Timeshare Rentals Offered' started by pacman777, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:48 PM.

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
December 29, 2018
Maximum asking price in public posts is $700/week or $100/night.
  1. pacman777

pacman777 TUG Member

I am the deeded home resort owner at the fabulous Westin Lagunamar Resort in Cancun Mexico and we had a last minute change in family plans for Thanksgiving holiday week. This is for a STUDIO villa that sleeps 4 adults (King bed and queen sleep sofa); includes in-room washer/dryer and kitchenette. No resort fees from renting from an owner; only other taxes is a nominal less than $5 per night that is assessed by the State of Quintana Roo for all resort stays.

7-nights checking in Saturday, Nov 17 and checking out Saturday, Nov 24, 2018; Dates and duration can not be changed however you can check-in later or check-out early without penalty. Total is $700 for 7 nights. email me at: pacman777@gmail.com

2. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    MVC, DVC, WKOVRN, FSA, MKO
    Isn’t this a lot for a studio at Lagunamar?

3. pacman777

pacman777 TUG Member

Marriott/Westin site has the lowest rate being $1,593 for the exact same nights in a studio so I guess $700 is a decent deal if someone wants to stay here. Value is all relative. I can always cancel if no one wants it and deposit into II.

4. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

I am not sure that this is my business, the price is strictly between the buyer and the potential renters. As @pacman777 said, value is relative.

What is the value of that same week when deposited in Interval and exchanged later into a 2 bedroom Westin or Marriott in Hawaii after paying a $300 dollars for exchange and upgrade fees? Do not tell me that is not possible, i have seen them available a number of times.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 9:45 AM
  5. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Good luck doing it. I have not been able to get a 2 bedroom at a Marriott in Hawaii by trading my own Marriotts. I think it might be occasionally possible to do so though, as a last minute trade but don’t count on it. I had a Marriott Hawaii studio and I have a Marriott Spain 1 bedroom sitting in II right now. I can’t even get a 1 bedroom in a Marriott Hawaii except as a last minute exchange and they disappear quickly. So yes, they are available but you need to jump on them and be super flexible with dates. Most of the time, though, they are studios with last minute dates. Why are you asking about the value of exchanging into a Marriott or Westin in Hawaii through II vs exchanging anywhere else? You already know the answer to this, don’t you? Not sure why you are asking this question on a rental thread?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 11:26 AM
  6. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

I have seen them many times, we just have our vacation calendar full for the next 12 months otherwise i would have grabbed one of those. Many of them were sort of last minute (1-3 months in advance) but not only.

7. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Why are you asking this question on this thread? You should ask on the Marriott thread or the Hawaii thread. This is the wrong place plus no one is reading this.

8. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

why were you asking in the first place if you were not personally interested?

9. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I am completely confused by your comments. You asked me a question about the value of Hawaii in II and I responded. Then I recommended posting those questions in another place to get better answers.

Why do you think I was not personally interested? Where did you get that information?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 12:03 PM
  10. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

I did not think you were personally interested because you had stated you were planning to go to Lagunamar on SO in May of 2020. If you are actually planning to go now please accept my apologies. You can also prove your point by making an offer in private to the OP

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 12:34 PM
  11. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Deleted due to irrelevance

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:29 AM
  12. needvaca

needvaca TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKV, SBP
    fwiw- I'm currently seeing a $900 getaway (in II) 1BR Lagunamar for early Dec.
    So a $700 studio for Thanksgiving week doesn't seem out of line.

klpca likes this.
  13. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Deleted for irrelevance

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:30 AM
  14. pacman777

pacman777 TUG Member

I was checking on this thread and was surprised to see 12 posts to it but nothing about actually wanting to rent my week. Haha! Figured I would give it a shot of listing it on here for what I thought was a bargain for an awesome resort. If it doesn’t rent then not a big deal as I’ll just cancel and deposit it into II which I have never used II before but I guess it seems there’s some decent trades there.

15. tomvc

tomvc TUG Member

I don't think you can deposit restricted staroptions (options from reservations cancelled within 60 days of check in) to II. If you are releasing the studio of a lockoff home reservation, then different rules may apply.

Maybe this should move to Vistana forum.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:05 AM
  16. pacman777

pacman777 TUG Member

This is a home resort reservation that was booked using a voluntary resale week at Westin Lagunamar so any fees or penalties applicable to StarOptions do not apply since this ownership isn’t part of VSN. I can cancel up to a day before check-in without penalty or fees. However if this was a Reservation using StarOptions then the fees and penalties would apply.

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
December 29, 2018
Maximum asking price in public posts is $700/week or $100/night.