TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Cancun golf and crocodiles

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by KevSki, May 13, 2018.

1. KevSki

KevSki TUG Member

Anybody golf there recently? We're heading to Lagunamar and I was thinking of golfing at Iberostar or Riviera Cancun while we're there. My wife found out that some of the courses had "free-range" crocodiles and it freaked her out. Anybody had any experience with these critters?

2. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    I've heard some courses are replacing marshals and I can imagine the crocs would be far more effective in keeping groups moving along.... o_O

komosatp likes this.
  3. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I have this picture in my mind of a croc gathering balls and making a nest and guarding it until the little ones hatch. :ponder::eek::doh:

4. r1lee

r1lee TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKV, SVV
    I’ve golfed on a course with gators, on Marco island. Let’s just say, I lost 23 balls, but felt safe.

5. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

H
    Wow! Did you really lose 23 balls, certainly not in a round? Although I have not golfed at Marco Island, my highest ball lost count is 8 balls at a fairly tricky course but certainly not TPC Sawgrass Stadium course level.

6. r1lee

r1lee TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKV, SVV
    No it was 23 in one round, my worse round of golf ever.

7. gritmuncher

gritmuncher Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Lagunamar, Palace
    When we stay at Lagunamar we golf at Iberostar. Book twilight golf via concierge. Start at 2pm for circa $55 all-inclusive (cheaper than golf-now). Not best quality of alcohol but is ok. We usually rent golf clubs but bring lots of balls since these are not cheap. There are gators here and there (sometimes in the bunkers) but they sleep and give you good photo opportunities.

8. x3 skier

x3 skier Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

When I owned a condo in SC, gators were common on the courses. Leave them alone and they generally will leave you alone. They can move very fast for short distances so don’t get to close and you’ll be fine.

Cheers

9. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

What I've learned is that if a shot goes into the rough around a body of water - just take a drop. DO NOT go looking for the ball.

10. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    There is a similar effect with water and cottonmouths as well.