• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancun Airport and Vidanta/Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya questions

kelly4me

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an upcoming trip to Grand Luxxe with two friends. We are coming into two different terminals at the Cancun airport. I remember having to run the gauntlet to get out of one terminal when I went to Cancun a few years back. Are there any tips for meeting up with other travelers at the airport? They are scheduled to arrive at terminal 3 about 40 minutes before I am to arrive at terminal 4. Totally opposite ends of the airport. I have Global Entry, so I'm hoping that we'll be ready to leave about the same time and share the pre-reserved transportation to the resort.

Also, can each bracelet at Grande Luxxe charge to a separate credit card? I know that we'll need to pool some of the bills, but it would be nice to keep things split where possible.

Are there any grills around the property? Most places that I have stayed give you the ability to grill out, but I haven't seen any reference to them at GL.

Thanks!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Not sure about the airport question; I’ve only come in via terminal 4. It’s been very fast going through customs and immigration there.

The wristbands don’t get automatically linked to a credit card, but instead charge to your room tab. You’ll probably have to keep track yourself.

There aren’t any grills. Cooking facilities are limited to a cooktop and a microwave oven unless you’re in a loft or residence unit, which also have wall ovens.

kelly4me

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the airport question; I’ve only come in via terminal 4. It’s been very fast going through customs and immigration there.

The wristbands don’t get automatically linked to a credit card, but instead charge to your room tab. You’ll probably have to keep track yourself.

There aren’t any grills. Cooking facilities are limited to a cooktop and a microwave oven unless you’re in a loft or residence unit, which also have wall ovens.

Thanks, Eric - we are going to be in a 3BR Loft unit.

kelly4me

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I guess a better question is - has anyone been able to split the room bill at the end of the week, or does one person need to absorb the credit card charge and collect from friends after the fact?

qb_bc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Global entry is only useful entering the US. It does nothing to speed up US entry. However, terminal 4 does not have the light button and is relatively fast. Depends upon the number of flights landing at the same time. There is an irregular shuttle between terminal three and four; it goes when it is full.

The gauntlet is at both terminals.

Consider meeting your friends at the GL lobby. They will be more comfortable.

The wristband is not actually used for charging to the room. They ask for room number and name. I have seen people use separate accounts. They will assign xxxx-1 and xxxx-2 for you to use.

No grills unfortunately.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to the concierge in the building and got a bill the night before checkout, and then added up who owed what. Then each group made a payment with their own credit card to the concierge.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They’ll take however many ways of paying you want to use. I find it a good way to use extra pesos, keeping the 530 needed for the taxi back to the airport. (Probably worth confirming that it would just be that going back to two different terminals, but I wouldn’t expect them to charge you extra for sharing a ride that way.)

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
With the system with xxxx-1, xxx-2, xxx-3, it is easy to know what you each owe. There will be the daily room tax charge and cost for staying as an exchanger that will need to be split up - this cost will vary depending on when you made the exchange and the exchange company you used.. It will most likely go on the card ending in 1.

kelly4me

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider meeting your friends at the GL lobby. They will be more comfortable.

They may be more comfortable, but the reservation is in my name, and I have zero interest in traveling anywhere in Mexico alone. Ugh. There has got to be a way to meet up. Does the regular Vidanta transport service pick up multiple groups at the airport? Couldn't they pick us up from two different terminals?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta contracts with a shuttle service that groups people into shuttle vans from a meeting point outside the terminals. There's a different meeting location for each terminal and the vans don't go from terminal to terminal in my (very limited) experience. You or they could get a taxi from one terminal to the other, I guess, but it's not all that bad an experience going from the airport to Vidanta (although I'm a guy and lived overseas for a number of years so am not that sensitive to overseas travel). You won't be alone in the van because they don't want to spend the money on sending individuals alone and there are no doubt other people going there from the same flight.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The shuttle pick up this past Saturday was at #26 - just across the driveway from the gauntlet from the AA terminal. I think SW comes in on #4. Check the website for the airlines and choose a meeting place. The 3 of you can coordinate the meeting place & ie. Your name will be o the list with how many people are being transported. You should get some information a couple of weeks before you arrive and can say how many will be in your party.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had four parties in our 4BR GL (NV) residence unit last month. Each of us set up our own account with a credit card, and were identified by room number + 1, 2, 3, or 4 for room charges. At the end of the week, the bills were separate EXCEPT room tax and we got everyone's daily resort fees added to our account. It was super easy to settle accounts.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With the system with xxxx-1, xxx-2, xxx-3, it is easy to know what you each owe. There will be the daily room tax charge and cost for staying as an exchanger that will need to be split up - this cost will vary depending on when you made the exchange and the exchange company you used.. It will most likely go on the card ending in 1.

We had four parties in our 4BR GL (NV) residence unit last month. Each of us set up our own account with a credit card, and were identified by room number + 1, 2, 3, or 4 for room charges. At the end of the week, the bills were separate EXCEPT we got everyone's daily resort fees added to our account. It was super easy to settle accounts.

Thanks for the info; we’re bringing some friends down on our next trip and this will make it so much easier!