• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelling vacation ownership after 10 day recond period

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spg vistana vacations ownership
hi

I took the vacations ownership on 25th nov and I want to cancel that now after the 10 day period. What is is procedure and will I get a full refund ?

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any help is appreciated.i want to cancel
This for unavoidable situations and financial issue

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
If I am counting correctly, today -- December 5 -- is the tenth day. So get your rescission in the mail TODAY (and make sure it is postmarked TODAY). Make certain you follow the exact instructions you were given: form of delivery (e.g. certified mail, FedEx, etc.). And everyone who signed the purchase agreement must sign the rescission letter.

Because if you do not rescind within the rescission period, the timeshare is yours forever (or at least until you find a buyer who wants it).

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
hi

I took the vacations ownership on 25th nov and I want to cancel that now after the 10 day period. What is is procedure and will I get a full refund ?
Open your contract and find the instructions. It may be in the folder you were given to hold all the paperwork.

"We hereby execute our right to rescind contract # 1234567." Both/all owners sign and date. Mail at the post office, postmarked TODAY, and get a return receipt.

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do not see any instructions as mentioned above. Here is what I have in the doc

You may cancel the purchase agreement without any penalty within 10 calendar days after the date you sign or on the date which you receive the last documents. You you decide to cancel the agreement you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel .

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do I have to mentio the account number ? I do not see contract number. It says account number. Also please post the format of the letter and also if I can do overnight shipping in Fedex ?

Do I have to send any other documents with the letter. Plz respond at the earliest as I have just today to send all

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I am counting correctly, today -- December 5 -- is the tenth day. So get your rescission in the mail TODAY (and make sure it is postmarked TODAY). Make certain you follow the exact instructions you were given: form of delivery (e.g. certified mail, FedEx, etc.). And everyone who signed the purchase agreement must sign the rescission letter.

Because if you do not rescind within the rescission period, the timeshare is yours forever (or at least until you find a buyer who wants it).

Thanks so much for your reply. Plz send me the format and also I do not see the contact number. There is an account number mentioned I can put that?

Can I Fedex it overnight ? Plz let me know the procedure ASAP. What other letters or doc i need to post

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Include a COPY of the contract signature page. ALL signers of the contract have to sign the letter. No reason need be given. Send it USPS Certified so you have proof of the postmark. Get returned receipt so you'll know if was received.

Keep it simple.

I/We wish to cancel contract/account # XXXXX dated xx.xx.xXxX
Signed__________ Husband. __________Wife.

Send their junk back by cheapest way.

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Include a COPY of the contract signature page. ALL signers of the contract have to sign the letter. No reason need be given. Send it USPS Certified so you have proof of the postmark. Get returned receipt so you'll know if was received.

Keep it simple.

I/We wish to cancel contract/account # XXXXX dated xx.xx.xXxX
Signed__________ Husband. __________Wife.

Send their junk back by cheapest way.

Thank you so much for all ur help

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last question sorry. Vacation is in my name but paid using my husbands card. Does he have to sign too?

On the contract only I have signed . He applied for new card and he just signed for paying the money through the card.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last question sorry. Vacation is in my name but paid using my husbands card. Does he have to sign too?

On the contract only I have signed . He applied for new card and he just signed for paying the money through the card.

Anyone who signed the purchase contract must also sign the rescission letter. It is unusual that both husband and wife were apparently not required to sign the purchase contract, but never mind that; you are very rapidly running out of time here. I'm confident that you can manage to get two signatures on the cancellation letter if necessary, one way or another --- but you need that rescission letter to be postmarked TODAY.

If your rescission letter is postmarked today and sent to the correct address, the law requires that the contract be cancelled and 100% of any and all money you paid refunded to you within 45 days. It may not take that long for the refund, but lawfully could.

I hope you don't miss the bus on this matter, which might be the most "eleventh hour of the last day" rescission inquiry I've ever seen on TUG. Get 'er done!

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What timeshare was it?

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s flex vacation share . Sent yesterday with the date signed also thru Fedex. It’s alreeady been delivered. Crossing my fingers to get the full refund .

Thanks everyone for ur help

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
It’s flex vacation share . Sent yesterday with the date signed also thru Fedex. It’s alreeady been delivered. Crossing my fingers to get the full refund .

Thanks everyone for ur help

You will get a full refund; it may take the full statutory 45 days, but Vistana will follow the law.

Congratulations on avoiding the Flex program; the resale value of what you purchased is close to zero.

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How will I know if they have accepted my rescind letter?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
How will I know if they have accepted my rescind letter?
And THAT my friend, is why we (and the resort) tell you to send the letter USPS Certified W/ Return receipt. FedEx doesn't tell you.

Its probably been delivered, but who knows?

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No I got to know it’s been delivered is shows thebpeond name who signed. My question is not that. I want to know if they accepted my rescind letter or not

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No I got to know it’s been delivered is shows thebpeond name who signed. My question is not that. I want to know if they accepted my rescind letter or not

Developer timeshare contract rescission is a legal right provided by applicable state law. The developer must process a timely and properly submitted rescission and issue 100% refund within 45 days. They have absolutely no other choice or option. None. Period, amen.

Rescission processing is not an act of kindness or benevolence. It's compliance with the law and even the sleaziest developers dare not violate that law.

Let the law do its' work. Do not call for a "status update". Do not answer any incoming calls from numbers you' don't recognize until your refund is in hand.
You're a very lucky person --- you just made it "under the wire" by a matter of hours in regard to the "timely submission" requirement of your rescission.

Last edited:

Shubha

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all. I finally got my full refund.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Well done. You saved yourself thousands of dollars.