TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13 Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Cancelling and rebooking voluntary Home Resort Reservation within 60 days

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by echino, Dec 4, 2019.

1. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    Hyatt Windward Pointe
    Harborside at Atlantis
    Westin Ka'anapali
    Westin St. John
    Westin Lagunamar
    Marriott Canyon Villas
    Marriott St. Kitts
    Marriott Ko Olina
    What are the rules?

I am within 60 days of check in for a Home Resort Reservation at a voluntary resort. If I cancel now (I understand there is a cancellation fee), will I be able to rebook for the same calendar year, but more than 60 days in advance? There is Home Resort availability. Or am I restricted to rebooking within 60 days only?

Again, this is voluntary resort, no StarOptions.

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

[Redacted - my response only applies to Staroption reservation.]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  3. jabberwocky

jabberwocky TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR, SDO (EOYE), WKORV-N (EOYO), Westin Flex (EOYO)
    I think it depends on the resort and each one will have different rules from VSN. I know our voluntary SDO required at least 60 days notice for cancellation. Reservations made within 60 days could not be cancelled.

Probably best to call Vistana on this one as they can let you know exactly what the rules for your resort would be and perhaps allow you to move the reservation if there is availability..

4. jabberwocky

jabberwocky TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR, SDO (EOYE), WKORV-N (EOYO), Westin Flex (EOYO)
    OP doesn't have SO on this week - it is voluntary resale.

5. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

I missed the fact that this is a not a Staroption reservation - will correct my answer.

6. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

You can cancel up until the day before for a voluntary resort reservation. You can rebook any date as long as the week is available within the deeded season.

7. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Shouldn't you then also be able to do the same for any home resort reservation made in the home resort priority period? Voluntary or not?

8. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

No, at mandatory/Staroption resorts, when you cancel within 60 days, you don't get your home resort week back - you get restricted Staroptions back.

9. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    and you have to pay a fee if you are within SVN. The SVN membership modifies your deeded week usage.

10. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    Hyatt Windward Pointe
    Harborside at Atlantis
    Westin Ka'anapali
    Westin St. John
    Westin Lagunamar
    Marriott Canyon Villas
    Marriott St. Kitts
    Marriott Ko Olina
    Looks like it's still restricted to 60 days. Unless I am reading it wrong, or unless it works differently in practice.

Screenshot_20191204-191315.jpg

11. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

You need to call the Vistana desk. Voluntary home resort use does not have this restriction unless something has changed. I have been told by several agents that voluntary resorts that are not in VSN can cancel up to the day before. You see the term VSN in your attachment. Voluntary resorts are not governed by VSN rules.

12. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    Voluntary resorts might have different rules (on a resort by resort basis). If the attachment was from the voluntary resort in question then the restriction would apply. I would imagine the resorts built before starwood was in the picture might have different rules than the post Starwood voluntary resorts.

13. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    Hyatt Windward Pointe
    Harborside at Atlantis
    Westin Ka'anapali
    Westin St. John
    Westin Lagunamar
    Marriott Canyon Villas
    Marriott St. Kitts
    Marriott Ko Olina
    It's Westin St. John Bay Vista. I bough an "Ultra Premium" (fixed week, fixed unit) there resale, and it just closed recently, leaving me with less than 60 days before check in. The transfer process was very long.

I can't plan that close, so I will try renting it out, but it's difficult to find renters so close, so maybe I could just rebook further out. I searched on Villa Finder and found good dates labelled "RESERVATION WINDOW: OPEN
    HOME RESORT USAGE
    "

more than 60 days out.

I will call Vistana and ask if I can rebook it, but I don't have a lot of trust for Vistana phone agents. They had given me absolutely wrong information many times before. I don't want to end up cancelling the reservation and being unable to rebook. Not sure what to do about it.

14. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Instead of cancelling it yourself, you can call and have the phone Rep. cancel it and rebook for you.

Or, if you want a more reliable answer, use the message function on the dashboard, and ask Vistana if it's possible to do what you are trying to do. I find that it's the senior Reps. who answer the messages, and you get more accurate answers when Vistana has to put their answer in writing.

PcflEZFlng likes this.