• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelation Letter Question

Crohnos01

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, thanks to TUG users, I narrowly (I think) have avoided buying into a resort at a overinflated price. I sent letters via Express mail with signature proof of delivery yesterday to both addresses listed in the contract documents (it said one or the other, but I figured it was better to use the shotgun approach in case one didn't make it for some reason).

My question now is; the tracking information via USPS says that delivery to the Las Vegas address was attempted, but "No authorized recipient was available" and a notice was left. After 5 days of being unclaimed, the letter will be returned to the sender (me).

My question is; So what if Wyndham just refuses to accept the letter and/or never picks it up? No doubt they know that a delivery receipt letter is bad news for them and if they wait until after the 7 day grace period (tomorrow), can they say I didn't recind in time? Should I send a telegram, or can they refuse that too?

Any advice? Thanks again everyone!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The recision standard is proof of mailing Wyndham will honor the recision letter if you complied with the recision instructions in the original package

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fax them at 702-304-4217 and reference prior mailing!

I don't recall any posts where it was mailed in a timely manner that they have refused to honor!

Crohnos01

TUG Member
Reaction score
I beleive I complied. It wasn't until after I sent off the express mail envelopes that I found a form in the original package which is a "Notice of Mutual Right of Cancellation of Time Share Purchase"

The form basically says I need to recind by midnight tomorrow night by sending that form to either of the two addresses that I sent my letters to or to send a telegram. It also says that I can send "this cancellation notice or any other written notice or send a telegram to..." Therefore I believe my letters qualify.

Not that I don't trust Wyndham at this point; but I don't trust Wyndham at this point......

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have the proof from USPS that it was mailed to the correct address within the rescission period, you will be home free. If you put a down payment on a credit card, I'd dispute that charge as well just to be sure.

Jim

Crohnos01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we didn't use a credit card... we did the whole finance it through Wyndham thing which was a pay it off in 6 months same as cash type deal. Our intention was to come home and move some funds around and pay for it that way, but low and behold, "my eyes were opened" by fellow Tuggers here and I realized that I would be better off to recind the purchase.

So, as long as I have my trusty express mail receipts, I should be golden; right?

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to print off the attempt by the PO, Good chance they wont pick it up knowing what it is. Check it again in a few days and see if there is a status update.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to print off the attempt by the PO, Good chance they wont pick it up knowing what it is. Check it again in a few days and see if there is a status update.

Desn't Matter, the standard is "sent by"

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In many offices, low-level employees are not allowed to sign for mail.
Certified mail, return receipt, is a method of serving small claims cases.
I have no reason to fear one, but I ain't about to help anyone pull a fast one.

So, I don't advise "signature required" mail, but that regular mail
with "delivery confirmation" (no signature required) be used instead.

Long + Short = Follow the instructions eggsactly as stated in the contract
... Even if you think you know a better way.

Crohnos01

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also just sent a telegram to their address just to be safe. It cost me $50, but that's a pittance against any other potential issues on delivery.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Total waste of money. See prior posts!

A couple posts here where faxes have been accepted which cost little from home or nothing if from office.

Clerks doing recissions are on hourly wage or weekly salary and could care less about lying commissioned sales weasel in Podunk!

Crohnos01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably right.... it's $50 down the drain... however, I am well accustomed to Murphy taking great pleasure in my life and I promise you; if it can go wrong, it will go wrong when I am the person involved and it seems it's alway not in my favor... I drop the $50 with a smile on my face and happiness in my heart.