• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can you create an additional disposition on Ads

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You have the following when you select MORE on a current classified ad.....
Edit View
More

Well what if I did not Sold/Rented, but just chose to Remove it from an offering, but the ad has not yet expired. I don't want to delete the ad, because I may want to reuse the description for another ad later. Yet that is the only other option. Can you add Remove Ad from listing, but NOT delete from the list. I selected Delete, as that is the only option I had that fit, but now I discover I have lot my entire description.

Can you add a new category. Withdrawal or Remove Ad, but NOT delete it.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
You can delete it and redo, never heard of a penalty

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would suggest typing up the ad description in MS Word and then copy and pasting it in to the new ad form. Save your ad in Word so you don't lose the description.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
deleting an ad removes it from the site.

marking it as sold/rented makes it available to you at a later time for review or "copying".

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I want to remove an ad, I always market it as sold/rented even if it did neither of those two things. Suspect that many others who do rental / sale ads do the same because preserving the information for use later is beneficial.

Suspect the OP has a heightened perspective that this distorts the TUG statistics of successfully completeld sales/rentals. Currently, with all of the inaccuracies owners are experiencing with the new WYN reservation site, statistical distortions kinda run up the back of our spine.

IMO if it's not a critical statistic for TUG then no need to change it based on the OP's request. I understand the reason for the request however because my own preference leans to accuracy. But if it's non-critical data then also appreciate that it takes effort to make such a change and respect that there are site-related priorities that may be higher on the list.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The was the very reason, I was trying NOT to show it as sold/rented as Brian collect those stats and uses them to show $$ of total rentals.

So I basically want the same retention without adding the $$ to rental sales totals. If the statistic is not critical I will do the sold/rented.

Brian, how important is that statistic for you?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
On Redweek - they have these categories when you take down your Ad:

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 10.42.01 AM.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you could always change the rental/resale price to zero and mark it as completed if you were really concerned about not "adding" to the totals.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
you could always change the rental/resale price to zero and mark it as completed if you were really concerned about not "adding" to the totals.
The only issue that I see with this is that you have to edit the ad and then wait for approval again, then go in again and mark it as sold. It would be nice to also have a "Sale Pending" status. With that you could mark it and it would pull off the marketplace, if it were to go unsold you could relist it without using another credit.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
shouldnt need to wait for approval again, it doesnt need to actually be posted in order for you to mark it as sold.

also the moment you edit any ad it is no longer displayed in the marketplace at all.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
shouldnt need to wait for approval again, it doesnt need to actually be posted in order for you to mark it as sold.

also the moment you edit any ad it is no longer displayed in the marketplace at all.
Thanks. I just marked an ad as sold. I was thinking that it would perhaps ask me the final sales price, because the agreed upon price wasn't what the asking price was. I should have perhaps tried editing it first, but never thought of that as a way to go about it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, you can edit the ad and then mark it as sold, no need to wait for it to post again.